Yooperbikemike's 2012 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by spezjag, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer

Oddometer:
    Most customers....just don't care ...who he is. :lol3
  2. Florin

Florin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Joe might disagree.

[​IMG]
  3. MODNROD

MODNROD Pawn of Petty Tyrants

Oddometer:
  4. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
  5. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Exactly.

I have a close friend who has a Lotus Europa- he is the ONLY other person I know who watches F1.

Ask just about anyone in the USA under the age of 80 who Dale Earnhardt is. That they will know. And Budweiser (:puke1)

"You mean race cars can turn right also??"

Oh, and if you really want to see confused faces, ask an American about MotoGP and WSBK.
  6. Rajin Cajun

Rajin Cajun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rossi's ride for the weekend! :evil

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I hope it is not plagued by understeer and too powerful of a motor. :eek1

:hide
  8. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yy4kPODqv58?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I could fix that in 80 seconds. :D
  10. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
    Fixed
  11. Florin

Florin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that's about what it would take for Stoner to sign all the copies of the contract to drive that thing. :lol3
  12. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
  13. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :rofl
  14. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    would they know who scott dixon is?
  15. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    hmm i wonder if there are any contractual issues re that last pic,with teh Michelin man in plain view with numero 46
  16. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I doubt it. Neither Rossi, nor any other MotoGP rider, is under contract to Bridgestone as is the case for Pirelli and WSBK riders and most any series with a spec tire.
  17. cogitate

cogitate What Marcellus Wallace Looks Like

Oddometer:
    From Speed, :

The Kessel Racing Ferrari 458 Italia No. 71 will start tomorrow’s first race of the 2012 season on pole position after a frantic Qualifying session in Monza.

Pit lane resembled rush hour as 57 cars squabbled over track time during the hour-long session. Despite heavy rain overnight and during the morning, the track stayed relatively dry for the 60-minute period split into three parts.

It was the Italian Daniel Zampieri who set the fastest time overall – a 1:47.923 – to underline the PRO team’s serious hopes for tomorrow’s three-hour race.

Zampieri, the Ferrari Formula One Academy youngster, and his Italian team-mates Stefano Gattuso and Davide Rigon have been near the top of the time sheets since Friday’s first Free Practice.

Second fastest was Richard Westbrook (GBR) in the No. 8 Haribo Racing Porsche 997 GT3 R. Westbrook’s time of 1:48.177 enabled the Haribo PRO-AM entry to muscle in on the top order and be the best of the PRO-AM class.

The Briton shares the driving duties tomorrow with German duo Hans Guido Riegel and Mike Stursberg.

In third overall, was fellow PRO-AM entry Black Bull Swiss Racing’s Ferrari 458 Italia No.64 with the best time of 1:48.266 by Mirko Venturi (ITA). Venturi and fellow-Italians Andrea Invermizzi and Tommaso Maino, who took pole position in 2011, loom as strong contenders for the opening race of 2012.

The Gentleman Trophy class was led by the Ruffier Racing Lamborghini LP520+ No.31. Fabien Thuner (CHE) set a time of 1:50.666. He and French duo George Cabannes and Romain Brandela will start from 41st on the grid.

Valentino Rossi in the Kessel Racing No. 46 Ferrari 458 Italia lit up the second session and much to the delight of the exuberant home fans topped the time sheets with a 1:48.962. He and co-driver Alessio Salucci (ITA) will start tomorrow’s race from 10th on the grid.

Rossi, choosing the Blancpain Endurance Series for his first competitive GT outing, is relishing being part of the Monza spectacular, dodging hordes of autograph hunters as he moves from Paddock to garage surrounded by an army of minders.

“In the future if I want to go racing it is better for me in a car than on a bike. I have done rallying but it is more about controlling the car on the slide on the gravel. In GT racing it is about racing lines, breaking and rhythm and I enjoy it a lot,” the nine-times motorcycle world champion said.

“I enjoy sprint races because I have more experience in that but the Blancpain is just right for me at three hours. It is between a sprint race and an endurance race. The field of cars is impressive and the driver line-up very strong.

“Being in the top 10 in qualifying is a great result and being under 1:49 is a good lap time at Monza. Tomorrow it will be important to get the rhythm – one lap is one lap but three hours is very different.”

The Boutsen-Guinon Racing No.14 was the fastest of the McLarens. The MP4-12C shared by Edouard Mondron (BEL), Jack Clarke (GBR) and Nico Verdonck secured 14th place overall.
  18. dontlr

dontlr Banned

Oddometer:
    "Damn 10th place and 1 second back, it's like I'm riding a Ducati with this car"
    Rossi was overheard saying.....:lol3
  19. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn. Yur a hard man....

(Bloody impressive result actually...)
  20. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Duz he drive duh NAPA Cup car?? I gotta' get sum Miller High Life.