Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:

+1,000,000
  2. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Went down southeast today. Past through some known good tar hallow roads en route to Richland furnace APV area. Tar Hallow is DRY!!!!!
    Richland furnace is only minutes from some of the Southern-most TH roads, kinda surprised we've never hit it while down roaming. It's pretty small though, definately not worth a trip just for that. I believe I rode every marked trail, both directions, in just over an hour. The trails are full of never ending little jumps. Pretty fun, but they get a bit annoying. Other than that, really nothing technical or difficult.

I came home and replaced my other fork seal. It's been seeping for a month, but after all that jumping around it was pretty much a steady drip.

I also noticed my chain guard / swingarm protector is completely worn out. It looked fine a couple weeks ago. Dammit.
  3. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I'm on my 3rd one since Dec. :(
  4. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

you guys suck...I FINALLY get to my weekends off and you clowns plan a monday ride...
  5. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    As the owner of a Tusk DS kit, I can tell you from experience that the Tusk horn is barley audible from 20 feet....200 feet? :rofl

I might be able to snag you guys some teflon stock from work that you would have to cut/drill to fit...but I'll bet it would last a helluva lot longer than the apparently cheap plastic that the OEM is made from
  6. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    Once again, if you are converting a dirt bike to street legal in Ohio the bike is only required to have the equipment listed on the 'Change of Body Code Affidavit' that you fill out at the title office.
    -headlight with high/low beam
    -brake light
    -mirror
    -horn

Turn signals are not required for converted bikes in Ohio.
  7. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    good news....just got off the phone with Progressive and have a claim in...deer strike is covered and I have a $100 deductible...we'll see how it goes...cross your fingers for me
  8. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Speedo is required too.
  9. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer:
    That IS good news :thumb
  10. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    Go buy a V-Strom 650 like what you test rode at IP. 0% interest for 60 months. :deal
  11. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer:
    Be sure and ride US421 and 16 :deal
    We pwnd them last weekend at Ricks RDV :ricky
    ps: avoid the parkway, especially on a holiday weekend
  12. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    You're only king when Mel's not home.
  13. Buckeye56

Buckeye56 Batoutahelius

Oddometer:
    That is a fun event, have a great time! I want to go again someday.
  14. steveb126

steveb126 Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer:
    That is good news. Magnas are a good heavy bike, hence its victory over the deer. Glad you're ok and your ATGATT example speaks volumes. Hope you're feeling ok, since its been a couple days has the soreness settled in ?
  15. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    It's just a minor insurance claim...I didnt hit the lottery :D

the soreness settled in good and proper yesterday...today it's starting to ebb a bit...after some sleep, I'll feel even better, I expect.

night all
  16. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where are you getting them and how long do they take to ship? I need it for next weekends night ride!
    Also, what size front sprocket are you running?

Edit, the long version since I made it to a computer:

I'm guessing mine wore out because the OEM chain is getting kinky (despite being thoroughly lubed), and because I was using the full suspension travel yesterday on the jumps. Sooo, if I replace the slider, I should replace the chain. And if I replace the chain, I should replace the oem sprockets. And since I'm replacing the sprockets, I'd like to go up one in the front to 14 front and 47 rear. This will bring the overall ration down just a hair from OEM, but will get the chain much further from the slider, to hopefully eliminate slider wear. But if I go 14 front, then my current aftermarket engine case guard won't fit, and I'll have to buy the freedom industries one.
    And that's how a $50 piece of plastic is going to cost me $300.
    Dammit.
  17. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    +1 I was shocked when I didn't see turn signals listed on the Affidavit form, since the Ohio Revised Code does state that they are required (as Meef mentioned earlier). Obviously there is some gray area, but I can see someone easily getting out of a ticket (for no turn signals) if they show the court the Affidavit form.
  18. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    Frame is bent and cracked, not safe to ride, at least that's what I would be telling my wife.:lol3
  19. mic_detonator

mic_detonator ride

Oddometer:

good call jimjim is that what prompted the change from kawi to triumph?

Btw good to see you yesterday Whitey, check the imacs photobooth for the awesome pics i left for you. :wink: if your employees had been away for a second i would have given u the full moon. :lol3
  20. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    No I just go buy what I want and plead for forgiveness later. :lol3