The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. gaan

gaan n00b

Oddometer:
    yes it is. added a nomadic rack, replaced the dirt only tires with Dunlop D606 DOT legal tires and ordered a front sprocket guard. here's a larger pic. the muffler is the blue titanium with the carbon fiber end.
    [​IMG]
  2. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's wonderful. :D How did you discover them?

Spud :beer
  3. CR250R

CR250R StllSmokin

Oddometer:
    How did some of you manage to mount the white side plate with aftermarket exhaust? I assume its some sort of bracket, does anyone sell them?
  4. gnath9

gnath9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The FMF has mounting brackets welded on
  5. Telemarktumalo

Telemarktumalo Go Red Sox!

Oddometer:
    I notice that your exhaust has no heat shield like the OEM. I have a Giant Loop Coyote bag and it drapes across the plastic cover and part of the aluminum heat shield. Do you carry any overnight gear?

6. CRFSoCal

CRFSoCal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It looks amazing. Where in socal are you located? -Is that muffler a special order then from FMF?
  7. Mk5mike

Mk5mike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Actually Craigslist. And today I got to ride this morning around mt Shasta dam and then came back to my duty station in Lemoore and plan on going up past Oakhurst to go ride up there
  8. Spud Rider

Spud Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good for you! :D I also discovered that dealership on Craigslist. :deal

I also found a local Honda dealership selling the bike for MSRP, without adding any bogus charges. A dealership in Orem, Utah is doing the same. :deal

Spud :beer
  9. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Monarch Honda, in Orem is where I got my bike. MSRP OTD, no other fees. It was totally worth the drive from Vegas. :clap
  10. gaan

gaan n00b

Oddometer:
    According to Best Dual Sports, it's the only Q4 blue titanium with the carbon end cap that FMF makes. I also have the Powercore but it doesn't look as nice. ;) I'm in Walnut.
  11. Avi8tor

Avi8tor ADV Poser

Oddometer:

National Cycle Spitfire...cheap and works well. This is a carry over from my DR-Z. It sits a little high on the CRF, but still works well.

[​IMG]
  12. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Could you show me more of your ADV monster lights? I have a set on my Versys, and I want to put a set on my LRP. How did you mount them, and which ones did you get? Thanks. :freaky
  13. Avi8tor

Avi8tor ADV Poser

Oddometer:
    These are model 44s. I used the two top bolts for the headlight shroud. They barely fit without rubbing the turn signals and are able to point straight ahead. I did have to buy an extra flanged washer for the left side to get a solid mount. They have not moved since I put a little blue thread locker on them.

Parts needed were two longer bolts and one flanged washer.
  14. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:

That's great. Thank you. They look perfect there. :clap
  15. AZDavis

AZDavis n00b

Oddometer:
    I know that a few people have asked for "after" pics and I am now the unfortunate owner of a couple. The radiator guard performed very well, I can only assume that is because as the bike cartwheeled it came down fully on the skid plate which is bent to 'heck' in a pile of bowling ball and larger rocks. I am happy to report however that the wreck was Wednesday, the bike was ridden for another hour out of the woods and the real damage wasn't discovered until today when I was performing an oil change and had to get a pry bar out to move the skid plate enough to have access to the oil filter. All I can think is that had the plate NOT been installed that the bike would have come down full force on either the engine cradle or the bottom of the engine case, either of which would likely have been catastrophic, in more ways than one. Judging by the cracking paint on the frame it may be a little bent now anyway... I'll post the pics in the morning in the shared google folder I have created. More good news, Pro Taper KX High bars were installed at the same time as the skid plate (without hand guards as yet since they are larger) survived well and un-injured. I have to believe that these bars are as tough as everyone says now. :eek1

Just in case anyone knows, I was trying to take the short 5 mile version of Srvc rd 393 from the Beeline highway down to Bartlett Lake in the Tonto NF. The 20 mile long version of that road which starts at the top of Mt Ord looks great and certainly pedestrian (and more enjoyable!) compared to where we last week. I'll let you know in a couple weeks!
  16. Demar39

Demar39 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you need to install a relay when you added these lights?
  17. DirtyBlackIrish

DirtyBlackIrish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    WOW! Good thing you had it on there. Good thing your alive. I had mine out today just running in the rain. It's finally warming up some up here. Can't wait for the pics.
  18. CRFSoCal

CRFSoCal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice!! I am located in Glendora.
  19. cat

cat Long timer

Oddometer:
    hi :) Please show us more pics. :) What bracket did you use? How did you do the wiring?
    Model 44, is that "spot" or "flood"?
  20. Avi8tor

Avi8tor ADV Poser

Oddometer:
    I can take a few pics, but I just used the stock light bracket, that came with the lights with longer bolts in the top two bolt holes of the headlight shroud. It was a simple installation. I also had to buy another flanged nut for the left side...it does not have one in the stock form.

The Model 44s are floods.

I did. Eastern Beaver 3CS that also powers heated grips and two Powerlets.