Where to Meet ADV Riders - South Sound

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by GSHighlander, Mar 18, 2007.

1. BajaDave

BajaDave Crazy Bastard

Oddometer:
    That should be passable before too much longer. I'm going to check it out this weekend.
  2. super samurai

super samurai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's my favorite loop! Did it a few times after we did it last summer.
  3. LoFlow

LoFlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yup, one of my favs too Brian. Someday we'll have to check out some stuff to the west of there.
  4. super samurai

super samurai Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ya, I spend a lot of time riding with beefalupmpalo. But not apossed to riding with you again.
  5. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    You South Sounders sure are a quiet bunch. I had to really look for this thread. I hope it's because you are all out riding and having fun.

One of you should be able to identify the location in the name the location thread: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=743814&page=262 scroll down to post 3930 and move the thread along. :deal
  6. PNWRR

PNWRR A study in Mopishness

Oddometer:
    :snore :snore :snore
  7. purpledrake

purpledrake No Pretensions

Oddometer:
    Actually, Ladybug is correct on this point. What a quiet thread (guilty as charged).
  8. PNWRR

Oddometer:
    rescued from page 7 :eek1
  9. dammitdave

dammitdave Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been doing the aging parent thing off and on all summer so as soon as the rain lets up I'd like to get out for even just a local ride. It's really bad driving back and forth to the central Oregon coast every other weekend and seeing dozens of adv bikes on longish trips. Just yesterday, among those dozens, I saw a couple from Nova Scotia on Beemers. You can bet they have some adventures to share. Two weeks ago I ran into the Oregon Vintage Motorcycle Club as they were leaving Waldport on leg 4 of 5 of an anti-clockwise circumnavigation of the state. I'll post pics of their very mixed bag of bikes here. Saw a very trim Montana couple two-up on a Husky 650 Terra. Would like to hear how they liked the bike on a real ride. They had no trouble loosing me in the Labor Day coast traffic, even two-up! Pics at eleven, Dave
  10. DANRIDE

DANRIDE A Weeble

Oddometer:
    Used the v-strom for just commuting & just got the KTM running after sitting for 2 years. Hope to get a couple of fall rides in before winter sets in.
  11. PNWRR

Oddometer:
    You're taking care of priorities, Dave. The mountains ain't going nowhere and will be waiting for ya. All my best. Bill
  12. Gootch

Gootch Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm resurrecting this formerly busy old thread for one post. For those of you who don't mind riding on the pavement, feel free to join our monthly Olympia street ride. We are meeting at Bayview Thriftway in Olympia at 9:30 Saturday morning (tomorrow). After a little coffee we'll be heading west. If the weather is miserable we'll probably ride up the west side of Hood Canal on 101. Otherwise it will be back roads to Grays Harbor County and maybe a run up to Lake Wynoochee.

We are not a sport bike group although on occasion one or more of us will be on one. I'll be riding a Triumph Thruxton tomorrow and will set a pace comfortable for that motorcycle. :evil

Probably given the weather and a couple regulars off hunting, we won't have more than a handful of riders. We've had advriders join us before so come on out.
    Tod
  13. dammitdave

dammitdave Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey!!! Wake up South Sounders! There's a new post in the "2013 Montana 1000 Goes Down in Flames" thread. I've started posting a RR from the trip that Red "Blackboots" and I did in Montana last summer. Have a look and enjoy. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=912458
  14. Lumberjeff

Lumberjeff River City MC

Oddometer:
    Another great Tacoma place would be the Harmon Tap Room. Big Room in the back for the winter & nice beer garden in the spring/summer. The head brewer rides a 990.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
  15. Gootch

Gootch Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Oly street riding group is riding tomorrow - we are going to be heading to the paved parts of Tahuya, Dewatto and that there area. After all the rain and wind the last few days, that will probably be an adventure.

We are meeting in Shelton at 10 at the Urraco coffee shop (628 West Cota Street, Shelton, WA 98584). Prior to the Shelton meeting, there will be a "pre-meeting" at the west side Olympia Haggen (the former Top Foods) at 9 and which will leave for Shleton at 9:30.

Feel free to join us in our attempt to ride between rain storms.
    Tod
  16. purpledrake

purpledrake No Pretensions

Oddometer:
    Can't join this one, but still interested. Please keep posting events.
  17. 4corners14

4corners14 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd also like to know if the locals get together.....be it to BS or to ride. :ear
  18. Need For Speed

Need For Speed Riding fool(ishly)

Oddometer:
    I am in Puyallup, ride street and dirt (nothing too hardcore).

Got a couple of days off during the week, every week to ride.

Good riding buddy disappeared, so I mostly go out solo these days.

Anybody down for a local ride when (if) the weather improves, shoot me a PM.

Gary
  19. OlyRider

OlyRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here's hoping for some better riding days ahead! Yesterday was a disappointing combination of rain, cold and wind in Lakewood. Good day for farkle installation in a heated space. i was in L.A. Monday at a Honda meeting. It was 70 degrees. It didn't seem to excite anybody besides the visitors.

Hope you guys fared better Gootch! ;-)
  20. Wirewiz

Wirewiz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Last 2 years I've ridden less and less. :cry Would like to get out more and be a little sociable :freaky And ride more often. Have a KLR 650 and 1200RT that just aren't getting the attention they deserve.
    Gonna try and check out the next Olympia Street Riders if I can find out when it happens in time.

So are there others in the greater Olympia area that meet this time of year too?