Dickin Around in Doug's Garage

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by rtwdoug, Oct 16, 2009.

1. UncleDirt

UncleDirt Uncivil to idiots.

Oddometer:
    That is a really nice Guzzi. I usually don't go for "restored" bikes, but that one has real character.
  2. JoSquid

JoSquid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Okay, love the thread, heck, loved the rr around the world.
    However, not being the mechanical guy growing up, I'm so far behind the 8-ball with regards to maintenance and basically not having a clue. I'm out there riding, reading, helping my buds(gopher), sticking my nose in and getting told to butt out too often. Not everyone grew up with a wrench!
    I can handle the jokes, but wanted folks to know that not all noobs have attitudes or think they know it all.
    Write on and ride on ya'll. (heck, even my jokes are sappy, LOL)

Attached Files:

3. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    If you don't mind, I'll just pull up a stool over here and watch...

:lurk
  4. Tslapper

Tslapper #!/usr/bin/perl -wT -I.

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  5. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Jehu posted this one up this morning on here. It would solve that toolbox lid problem, too.:lol3

To be honest I prefer the original version you have there, Doug.:deal
  6. nolleman

nolleman Child Prodigy

Oddometer:

Hey, you better not smoke in anymore of your videos as someone may get offended by that too!!:norton
  7. Reposado1800

Reposado1800 Juicy J fan!

Oddometer:
    Jeez. I have been looking for Hitler and I can't find him. Someone point him out.
  8. rtwdoug

rtwdoug prominent underachiever Supporter

Oddometer:
    No dickin around in the garage this weekend, I went to an auction in Iowa, fulla old bikes & parts. I didnt get any bikes, but got a pile o parts.
    I got a few things for current projects, & some doodads just to help decorate the house with.
    Most of it tho, will go to swapmeets. (gotta start savin up for next year)

I really wanted this bike, but had no $ for new toys.
    [​IMG]

lots & lots of parts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I really wanted this alloy tank for my TT Bonneville, but when bidding started at 800, I had to pass.... :eek1
    [​IMG]
    2 day auction, so we got the penthouse sweet at the local indian run hilton. I like to check in & tell Hadji my name is Dr Doug Quest, just cuz I love to hear them say 'Ah Dr Quest' (You kids probably never saw the Johnny Quest cartoons)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there was even a midget there, and guess what he was buying.
    yep, mini bike parts.
    no shit, you just cant make that kinda stuff up! :rofl
    [​IMG]
    van was pretty much full, plus a trailer, plus my friends truck :lol3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got some original cast air cleaners still wrapped in newspaper from 1972. May hafta run one of these on the shovel project.
    [​IMG]

Also got a pile of NOS grasshopper style springers still in early 70's papers.

and a pile of old BSA motors, a few of them are marked DBD, I guess that means Defective British Design?
    I guess they will be worth something at the scrapyard. :evil
    [​IMG]
  9. UncleDirt

Oddometer:
    Sweet indeed. I love the smell of dust, sh/t, hay and grease at those kinds of get togethers!

Cool old tank there in the side of the van behind the seat. Very chopperish. And the hotel, vah! Such luxury you indulge in.:rofl

Thanks for the pics.
    Dave
  10. BeachGuy

BeachGuy Lost in paradise!

Oddometer:
    Doug, after looking at that EBay 1947 Moto Guzzi Superalce; I figured that this would make a great new poster for your shop. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Now if anybody complains about this poster, you will really know what kind of nutcase you’re dealing with.<o:p></o:p>
    Beside the young lady looks like she might be of German descent. She might even have some old family relatives that were connect in some way to the poster.<o:p></o:p>
    BeachGuy<o:p></o:p>
    I’m signed up for this one too.<o:p></o:p>

Attached Files:

11. anonny

anonny What could go wrong?

Oddometer:
    Don't Buy Dat :poser
  12. Chad M

Chad M 14880

Oddometer:
    So long as they're not the "34th" variation, they were so poor a design even the scrap yards don't want them!:lol3
  13. Twotaildog

Twotaildog Old Poop

Oddometer:
    Doug, if you don't ride that Guzzi around the world, you haven't got a single hair on your ass.

Well?... ;)
  14. rtwdoug

Oddometer:
    tell ya what. why dont you come get it & ride it RTW? I'll loan it to ya.

I dunno what I'll do my next RTW ride on, or even if I'll do another. theres alot of other places to see that I havent been to yet, & most of them are on the south side.
    dunno what I'll ride either. maybe the Indian, maybe the chopper, maybe I'll buy a new GS1200 (ok, maybe not)

Doug (with the shiny bald ass)
  15. UncleDirt

Oddometer:
    TMI bro, TMI!!!
  16. Twotaildog

Twotaildog Old Poop

Oddometer:
    That's a very generous offer. Gives me something to think about, I've never done a RTW ride. You'd have to do something about that seat though.

Seriously though, whatever and wherever you ride next, I'll be looking forward to reading your stories. One thing's for sure, you'll be having more fun that a dog with two tails. You've got a gift, my friend.
  17. MacRunch

MacRunch Adventurer

Oddometer:
  18. UncleDirt

Oddometer:
    Moar garage pics!:clap
  19. musicman

musicman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After following your wonderful RTW reports, I would suggest SE Asia as a place you would really enjoy [and give me a great TR to read] Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and Burma all have some adventure waiting.
  20. rtwdoug

Oddometer:
    been too busy to play much in the garage, but I gotta get started on the heart transplant for the 48 Chief. I'm going to PA this weekend, & want to drop the motor off to Hooter, my engine build guru. I have built a couple, but I dont have all the right tools, or the knowledge. I like to be involved tho, like I was with the pan, & will do with the shovel, but PA is a bit of a far drive to help with the motor. He'll have it done for me when I go back up in Jan, so it'll be ready for the '35 Chief chassis Im building a period bobber out of.

the patient is on the operating table
    [​IMG]
    the new heart waits patiently....
    [​IMG]
    I ran this fishtail on my 1st RTW trip. I got it about 20 years ago when I lived in LA. My friend worked at a harley shop, & brought it home one day. he took it off a bike, because the guy wanted something different. The bike belonged to the guy who played Ogre on the revenge of the nerds movies. (I forget his real name)
    I've had it on several bikes, from a guzzi to a 38 harley, & now on the Indian.
    It goes good with my helmet I got from Grizzly Adams (Dan Haggerty) when we were pulled over by some cops while filming a movie in Nevada.
    [​IMG]
    Pulling the motor on these is quite a job, the clutch is sorta a pain in the ass, you have to disassemble half the tranny to get it apart. Its about the only Indian design that I dont like.
    Panhead tin tops make good parts bins for Indian stuff :D
    [​IMG]

ok, the new south park is on, I'll go back to the garage when its over....

Doug