"The Oasis of my Soul", 9th year on the road...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by BeemerChef, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel See Ya At The Swamp Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Ara :wave

That sunset pic is awesome :thumb
  2. VIVID1

VIVID1 Ducatistanna

Oddometer:
    That's a big one :eek1 :lol3
  3. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Ara's thread title updated to reflect new location.. :thumb
  4. barko1

barko1 barko1

Oddometer:
    :clap Ara, couple years ago we tried to hook up near the Gila, conti divide trail, when you were living by Portal?? Anyone lovin your trip as I am planning my own, was thinking of the same set up, light truck camper with a bike or two on the back. Let me know if you come by Las Cruces.
  5. BeemerChef

BeemerChef Wandering Homeless

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    I fell asleep when I returned from today’s ride, which beat me up again struggling against the winds riding up to Fort Davis Mountain and the Mc Donald Observatory... Awesome roads... it had been a while since riding nice sweepers and twisties, without a speed limit per say, remembering someone not too long ago telling me that I would be done here in a couple days!... So much to see, so much to ride... The start is in today’s Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  6. VIVID1

VIVID1 Ducatistanna

Oddometer:
    I think that was me :huh :lol3 I toured the Davis Mountain area in two days two years ago, I ride fast on the 954RR and when you do 400-500 miles per day you can see a lot :D

[​IMG]
  7. Meathead

Meathead tin man

Oddometer:
    :wave Ara & Spirit!

Pullin' outta Petaluma this morning . . . wanna do lunch in Fort Davis tomorrow? :evil

:ear

I'll be in touch on the road. :thumb
  8. catadjuster

catadjuster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    that got me thinking about this place http://www.royersroundtopcafe.com/catalog/

The Buttermilk Deluxe is excellent. They'll even ship them, but I don't know what kind of shape it would be in by the time it landed in Chicago. It's a pretty pricey pie as well.

I can't wait to leave Boston (no offense, I've been here over a year) and get back home to Texas. Tex-Mex, BBQ, cookouts, etc...Come on March 31st!!!

I will miss the lobster though.:thumbup
  9. Lastsix

Lastsix a.k.a. Rainman

Oddometer:
  10. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
  11. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Somehow I cannot reply to your post!.. it tells me to add one more character... and on and on...
    I'll hang around and wait for you... have things to do here anyhow...
    My cell also works here
    1:239:450.4110

Looking forward...
    Ride safe...

Ara & Spirit
  12. Meathead

Meathead tin man

Oddometer:
    :wave

Grabbed a room just east of Tucson, gonna shut my eyes for a few hours, then hit the road in your direction. :thumb I'm guessin' 2-3:00 p.m. :dunno

I'll call from a gas stop when I've got a better idea, as it all depends on how quickly I can drag my ass outta this bed. :twitch
  13. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Cool Mark... I'll be here... cloudy and colder today...
    While in Tucson... do you have room for 3 tires???:lol3 :lol3 :lol3

Adios Amigos...

Ara & Spirit
  14. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Quite a contrast from yesterday, was a cool night at the most which even allowed us for a nice walk... Spirit had some problems during the night... and this morning I woke up to snow flurries!
    Am I complaining?... not the least... will take it any way it comes... specially after yesterday’s great ride as written in the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  15. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

It was an anticipated day to see Meathead, (Mark), can you understand his handle through some of the pictures?... swing by here, Fort Davis, TX, and join me for dinner...
    I have posted the pictures and the short stay on my Blog...

Enjoy and be well...

Ara & Spirit
  16. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Hard to believe that one week and more has already gone by in this New Year... time is starting to speed up as I look at maps, there is no plans or directions, the weather will be my guide mostly as I have to move on to warmer climates, mainly for Spirit. With even two coats on, the poor guy is cold, he does not want to go out and I am not feeling comfortable with his lethargic days... we both need our exercise... him as much as me!

We did not ride yesterday... spend it mostly at Jerry’s and Nalda’s Bookstore... it amazes me for a town this small how many interesting people there are... so many conversations!

There are always pictures from the past that do not make it on the Blog... with Cagiva 549's permission I have posted some of the recent past ones...

Hope you enjoy...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  17. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Don’t you be thinking now...
    On my way back from Balmorhea Hot Springs, a few miles into the ride, a black truck with blue and red was flashing... I could not see very well beyond it, looked like a couple bikes had kissed the grass...
    Not so...
    They were shooting a commercial! I stop... U turn... going the wrong way... the local Sheriff is not very happy, but the guys are... a sidecar with a dog? compared to the usual two wheel stuff they have been working on. Any chance to be in it?... I ask... sorry... wrong brand!
    Oh well... maybe better luck next time...
    The rest of the riding was great... it is all the Blog.

My last day in Texas... you have been good to me... I leave with some new friends and some incredible memories... and I will be back! There is no doubt about it...

Be well...

Ara and Spirit
  18. WFO2BFE

WFO2BFE E Pluribus Adventureness

Oddometer:
    Hey Ara, Look what I found. You've come along way brother. Thanks for the good reading material. Enjoy and give Spirit a scoobysnack for me

Attached Files:

19. VIVID1

VIVID1 Ducatistanna

Oddometer:
    Hey now, I can't help it that in Chicago the only thing we acknowledge to be a pizza has a 3” crust and red sauce on top :freaky the sauce is the best part :clap

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  20. WFO2BFE

WFO2BFE E Pluribus Adventureness

Oddometer:
    Just tryin to remember. Was this before or after you ditched the K Bike and got the Duc?