Jackson MS riders?

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by eeore39648, May 30, 2009.

1. carabnsol

carabnsol should have been a cowboy

Oddometer:
    Sadly, it is not just motorcycle dealerships that suffer this problem. Ask any one that owns their own business and I bet their number one problem is finding competent help. Try running a help wanted ad in the paper and see what shows up at your door. Laziness and an "I don't give a damn" attitude is rampant. Unemployment figures are high, but I believe it is because most of them are too lazy to even try. All they want is to put in their hours with as little effort as possible and collect a paycheck with no pride in workmanship. Ignorance is a plague on our country. Now look what you did, you got me started on a rant.:D
  2. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    My job here is done... :lol3

Okay, when we riding again? It is killing me to sit at my desk and see this most excellent weather and can't ride, at least until 4:30 when I head for PT!
  3. evilbollweevil

evilbollweevil HDkila

Oddometer:
    I think Revell ACE in Byram has some bike key blanks.
  4. eeore39648

eeore39648 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You may also want to try Butler Locksmith, it is downtown. I have had many keys made there, with not 1 return! 601-352-8416 If Sherry answers, be gentle, she is easily riled up. She is cool once you meet her. But she would tell you to Kiss her A--, quickly, if riled.
    Or, ask to speak to Guy, her husband. Either are very good key makers, if they dont have the blanks, I am sure they could cut them, if you got the blanks.
    PS: If you go there for keys, don't be thinking about evilbollweevil:poser :poser :poser :smile6
  5. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:
    Hey Trophymeister,

DO you still want the router / router table I've been holding for you since the gar(b)age sale?!? :ear
  6. tslaw

tslaw aged n00b

Oddometer:
    good to know - my only experience is with backwoods Vicksburg
  7. Trophy1298

Trophy1298 Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer:
    Yep. I only think about it when it's late or during the day while we are both at work. How bout we settle up with it this weekend?
  8. Supahflid

Supahflid Wheelieless Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ya'll just lean on each other till I get there with some more shovel handles.

You hit on the head carabnsol!!!!!
  9. evilbollweevil

evilbollweevil HDkila

Oddometer:
    What do you need it for, I'll try swing by and check if I can tell without having with me.
  10. Trophy1298

Oddometer:
    Sounds like someone works for the govt?
  11. Supahflid

Oddometer:
    I'm with ya' bw. I think their attitude is a little too laid back.
  12. Supahflid

Oddometer:
    Shit no, they work for me. I asked a guy the other day, "James, why do you only work four days a week?" He said, "Cause I cain't make it on three, boss."

That really is the attitude of many!
  13. Trophy1298

Oddometer:
    You say that like it's a bad thing. I work Mon - Thursday. Was Mon - Wed b4 my wife told me we needed to be putting more in retirement. But I bust my ass while I'm working.
  14. Supahflid

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but I am talking about folks who have no education whatsoever; their only means of survival is working with their hands, usually by the hour. These are the same people who bitch because they don't make enough money, but many weeks won't get forty hours; and I don't mean because it's not offered to them.

And I am like you, I like to do as little as possible as often as possible, but the big difference is, we own our own businesses.
  15. tslaw

tslaw aged n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks but I was just joining in on BW's posts - I had looked into getting spares for my FZ1 and DRZ when I had spares made for my Nighthawk made (only had one well worn key from the previous owner) - my local HW store could handle my old Honda. I'm good.
  16. sherfield2002

sherfield2002 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm close to the Jackson area - Meridian. I'm in between bikes right now but am looking for something cheap (<$1500), so if you would keep an eye out for something for me I'd appreciate it. I'm open to anything from dual sports to cruisers to sport bikes. Thanks in advance for the help.
  17. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the club! :D I am originally from Meridian and had been hoping we'd find some riders over that way to help with the tag games. (Most of my cool hiding places are over that way.)

We are always posting bikes and deals we find or here about. What type of riding to you want to do? Or which of the above bike types is your favorite?(better say Dual-Sports in this crowd!) :D
  18. sherfield2002

sherfield2002 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm open to any type of bike. I just need to be on 2 wheels. I'm down for any bike as long as it's a good deal. I would perfer something running, but I don't mind doing a little work though.
  19. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:
    Backwoods Vicksburg? You mean Haden Hardware doesn't keep motorcycle blanks on their key machine? :huh

:lol3
  20. tslaw

tslaw aged n00b

Oddometer:
    only for my 85 Nighthawk - wondered if you'd catch it