GY6 Performance Parts CH150 Honda Elite

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by brycekauai, Mar 11, 2013.

1. brycekauai

brycekauai Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. MotoRandy123

MotoRandy123 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I found this info on Motorscooterguide.com

"Aftermarket parts for this engine are pretty much non-existent. These scooters enjoyed strong popularity in the states, but their appeal was more limited international and in the Asian scene where aftermarket parts commonly originate. If you're looking to increase the performance of your Elite, there are some options for you. Aftermarket performance parts aren't available specifically for the Elite but some generic parts can be used and there are some modification you can make with basic skills. The most popular mods including swapping to a larger (26-28mm) flat slide carburator, opening up the exhaust and intake openings and tossing in a modified GY6 variator."
  3. Motovista

Motovista Go Fast, See Nothing

Oddometer:
    What trick are you trying to do? What have you already done?
  4. brycekauai

brycekauai Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, not really trying to pull off any tricks, but usually these parts are much cheaper then the OEM. I also saw that they were similar and I heard lots of 150 parts are possibly interchangeable. Thats why I showed the clutch because it looked like an easy swap if it fit. I don't care about the performance as much as the price. Old clutches for the ch150 still sell for over $100 on eBay. I wanted to try and get some people to start sharing if they had done any swaps with these new parts. Or even photos of what they have changed, especially carbs they have put in with results.
  5. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Google for it . Used advanced. Up top were it says more discussion . Also join up the yahoo ch150 group etc. Best way to find stuff. if someone done it , it ll be out there.
  6. Motovista

Motovista Go Fast, See Nothing

Oddometer:
    If you take your clutch to someone who sells Chinese scooters, they might be able to compare it side by side with one from a GY6. I've heard of it working on the internet, and I've also replaced engine cases on a Honda Metropolitan because someone read on the internet that it would work and put a QMB139 clutch on a Metropolitan. It destroyed the case, seal and bearing before he realized something was wrong.
    If the clutch is similar to the one on the SH150, you should be able to find a non-oem replacement. But the only way to be sure it is would be to have the two parts side by side.
    You should be able to purchase a complete used clutch for a GY6 for a lot less than the "performance" shoes you are showing online. Most dealer/repair shops end up with a lot of terminal Chinese scooters and sell off the parts. But AND THIS IS IMPORTANT, take the part you are trying to replace with you and compare them side by side. Use a micrometer if you have to. Close but not quite can get expensive fast when you try to make it work.
  7. scootrboi

scootrboi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sure, put in Chinese parts, then you can have more of a hobby. Seriously, stay away from GY6 stuff. :eek1
  8. snowhawk jockey

snowhawk jockey Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer:
    The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
    Scooterworks.com will answer those questions!
  9. brycekauai

brycekauai Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just sent them an email. We shall see. Thanks!
  10. Eliter85

Eliter85 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you have any response?

Thanks!
  11. brycekauai

brycekauai Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I wish. They didn't get back to me. I did use some gy6 blue clutch springs from them. They seem to be working good. I know that if you need some parts for yours look on scrappy dog scooters link below.

http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/CF150_4T_1P58MJ_Parts.html

There are quite a few interchangeable parts that they sell on here. I just ordered a belt and intake manifold today. I hear they crack easily and can throw your whole bike off if you don't fix them early on. And buy a few exhaust gaskets while your at it as well. They are the most failed part of this bike. Every time you take the exhaust off it should be replaced. Or thats what I have read on other posts about them.Best of luck. Aloha.
  12. brycekauai

brycekauai Adventurer

Oddometer:
  13. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    scrappy dogg good place but far to often busy and doesn't answer phone but does so with email. yahoo elite 150 groups. You ll need a yahoo email account to read it. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hondaelite150/messages

I m guessing they might answer your questions.
  14. Eliter85

Oddometer:
    Something like this should work fine though no? Looks exactly the same but its 1/4 of the price i'd pay to get one from Honda.

[​IMG]
  15. Eliter85

Oddometer:
    I really want to do this. But I'm somewhat deterred in case water gets up there. Are you not worried about splashing water up there somehow? I do live in BC though, and It rains a lot here and I drive my scooter in the rain quite often. So I might just be over thinking this.

Maybe get this and somehow build a cover for it to help keep water out but allow air in easily still?
  16. brycekauai

brycekauai Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think you should be fine. And it would allow you to remove the ugly stock air box. I know others will disagree and not want to touch anything and change it from stock. But the more fun little mods I put on, the more I learn about bikes in general and how they work. I would hope the point of a mod would be to make the bike perform better and look cooler as well. Just gotta be ready to do a little more work if something isn't calibrated right. But isn't that what guys do, we wrench, take things apart, put back together, and learn how it works! Good luck. Will keep you updated.
  17. Eliter85

Oddometer:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Filter-...401?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3381a92681

Something like that would give me a lot more reassurance. Just trying to figure out if theres 70mm of clearance for it sticking out. I still want to have the cover on it. Keep it stock looking on the outside with lots of fun bits behind the panels.