The All New LIQUID COOLED R1200GS threadfest

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Dorsicano, Feb 3, 2011.

1. ghostrider1964

ghostrider1964 Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer:
    I only passed on what was said...maybe he knows, maybe he doesn't...If BMW holds true to tradition, we will see the GSA in current form for another year or two:deal Typically, the GS gets upgraded first:norton
  2. El Gato

El Gato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My buddy's been looking to buy a new GSA. Both dealers in our area have said that they're not expecting to get any more this year, and they've heard that the production line has been shut down for the year for the GS/GSA.
  3. Deans BMW

Deans BMW Granpa Hoon

Oddometer:
    I think San Jose can get you a new GSA..............That is if he is a serious buyer.
  4. El Gato

El Gato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This was one of the two places he checked (and where I bought mine from a few months ago). They have a white one on the floor at the moment (not his first or second choice of color) and they're saying that it may be the last one they'll get this year. The other dealer in the area is already completely out and not expecting any more.
  5. sphyrnidus

sphyrnidus born to ride

Oddometer:
    Ok this is not the USA, but I ordered a GSA last saturday. There is no supply, so it will be build this month. The production line is in full swing as there is a demand for the triple black.
    On the watercooled engine: first the GS, then the RT, the GSA comes last. As the introduction is 1 per year and the GS comes this fall, the GSA is expected in 2014. This I was told by a guy at the BMW dealership, who I know to be very reliable, I've known this guy for a long time as his father, who was the dealer back then, sold me my first BMW in 1993.
  6. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    That actually make a lot of sense, why would BMW retool now that sales must still be at an all time high?
    I'm sure the current engine and GS will be selling very well going into 2013.
  7. enkil

enkil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There's still plenty of GS/GSA being registered here back home :D
  8. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will stay with my air cooled GS. Why change something that has worked so well for so many years. If it ain't broke, don't fix it... More horsepower does not translate to more fun in my opinion.I have plenty on my GS already. My 2 cents worth...
  9. mcstark

mcstark Living brappy...

Oddometer:
    The issue is not only the "horsepower war," but the continued reduction of emissions. Air cooled engines are just not as efficient as the water-cooled variety, and hence pollute a little more. Porsche faced this back in the late 90's.

I care more about powerband than horsepower, and as my `03 GS only has 26k on it...they'll have the wasserboxer perfected by the time I'm ready for a new bike.
  10. GypsyWriter

GypsyWriter Yup, I'm a girl.

Oddometer:
    Fresno has at least 3 GSA's available on the showroom floor, so there's that option too (I just bought their only Rallye version :wink: ). No idea if the factory is "closed" to new orders but this early in the year I doubt it. Still can't hurt to call other dealerships just in case.
  11. El Gato

El Gato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks - I will definitely let him know that.
  12. Oggie

Oggie Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Those dealers are sadly mistaken, as my 1200GSA has just been built and is shipping out sometime this week.
  13. walrond

walrond Earth Wanderer

Oddometer:
    I don't keep up with this thread but here is an article in the latest issue of Motorrad magazine.

[​IMG]
  14. dmac57

dmac57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Those top two pix are of a motorcycle that appears to be closer to production than the prototype/drone in the bottom pic. Probably getting close to time for even better "spy" or "leaked" pix. :nod
  15. jimmex

jimmex Guero con moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lone Star?
  16. Graemsay

Graemsay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Walrond, you wouldn't happen to have a screen grab of the aircooled retro bike that tallguy-09 mentioned? :ear
  17. Bails

Bails Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thinking about all other BMW "new" releases we had a pretty good flow of "leaks" or should I say spy shots. It seems the spy shots were not really done by spys but BMW dropping a bike off in front of a person holding a camera. This is all part of the build up in the new world of cyber information flow, helps in getting pre production orders and the like. I remember well the K1200s , K1600 GT/L . Expect to see a lot more info flow in the next couple of months. For me I'm holding off buying my next bike until I can consider the wet boxer.
  18. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  19. dmac57

dmac57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Those are two different bikes. Look at the forks and the tail sections.
  20. Aviatordoc

Aviatordoc Hooligan extraordinaire

Oddometer:
    Can somebody who knows German translate or give us a gist of what it says? Please.