KTM 950/990 Adventure owners show off your bike

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by dgrs2, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    You really should. :thumb
  2. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    AJ - Sweet set-up you purchased there. TKC 80s on the tires? How do they ride? I've had them on a GSA and like them, new to the 990s so curious.

Gonna put storage on the left side there? Not affiliated but just an FYI - For those TT racks, If you get a CJ tool box, you'll have to have the rear brace tabs rewelded lower for it to fit. I've got a CJ fuel tank but think they're set-up about the same size. No big deal, cost me about $30. Just ask them to put the top of the tab where the bottom is now. Works great.
  3. A.J.

A.J. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah tkc 80 rear as Kip already said. Rode great at 80-85 for the whole ride
    home. No noticeable vibration, haven't tried it offroad yet but I'd use the tires again. Thanks for the heads up on the cj storage box as I plan on ordering one. Thanks again to Kip for an awesome bike that couldn't have been set up better. :freaky
  4. AJ990R

AJ990R motorcycle guy

Oddometer:
    To the other A.J.,
    Very nicely equipped bike you got there.
    Its only 2F outside right now in WI & I haven't ridden in a few weeks & starting to get cabin fever.
    Atigun Pass
    [​IMG]
    My Fav
    [​IMG]
    South Canol Rd entrance in YT,Can
    [​IMG]
    showing Chad how the slow race is done here @ D2D 2012 :rofl
    *I was peer pressured @ the last minute to participate in the games b/c I rode from so far away
    [​IMG]
    filthy
    [​IMG]
    covered in calcuim chloride @ the Deadhorse pumps
    [​IMG]
    loaded KTMs
    [​IMG]
    End of summer fun running ATV trails @ CADVR5
    [​IMG]
    My bike about 4 weeks ago after ripping through a construction area next to my work in the morning
    owned it exactly one year there, over 17k mi on her
    [​IMG]

AJ
  5. elron

elron Still Standing Supporter

Oddometer:
    AJ990, Great fotos of your bike. How useful/effective is the windscreen spoiler.? Notice it's removed in some other fotos.

elron
  6. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Elron, Most people say its about worthless.
  7. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    AJ990R,

You have succeeded in getting my Tiger into the 990 forum. Great pics from your ride. That was my first D2D. I was on the Tiger right behind you in your pic next to Hacky Moto. You know he got picked for the US GS Challenge team this year. I think they finished 9th overall.
  8. AJ990R

AJ990R motorcycle guy

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't say totally useless...I felt it does cut down on some buffeting...but not as effective as one would hope. I found it will move around on a rough road in the rain @ HWY++ speeds, that was pissing me off on the Dalton hwy. It should be bigger, but a must doing any distance riding @ hwy speeds when I wear my MX helmet w/the visor, my .02

Drunk Uncle
    You have succeeded in getting my Tiger into the 990 forum. Great pics from your ride. That was my first D2D. I was on the Tiger right behind you in your pic next to Hacky Moto. You know he got picked for the US GS Challenge team this year. I think they finished 9th overall.

Drunk Uncle,
    I think I camped a few spots from you that whole "event" @ GoldRush! I ended up staying right next to Two Moto Kiwis. I know all about HackyMoto! He is fugen awesome!!! & very humble at that...I don't give a shit what he rides, I saw him pretty much "bunny hop" that 1150 in the tight cone "game". Well... BMW did send him to South America:deal I ended up riding the T.O.W hwy the following day w/some new AK friends, stayed in TOK that night with all the D2D organizers, & was there when, Hackys 1150 came there on a trailer in pieces not 24hrs after those photos! But he survived is all that mattered, small world

AJ
  9. robdogg

robdogg turnip truck driver

Oddometer:
    I've re-joined the ranks again.. my third LC8 was brought home Saturday.. then on Monday I took a friend out in 32deg weather and showed him some of my favorite spots along Hood Canal.. too much fog to see the mountains, but the mighty Olympics are behind the clouds on the far bank.. I'll go back and spring and take a shot to prove it to ya knuckle heads.. one of the prettiest spots on the planet.

anyway, the beast(s)

[​IMG]
  10. R&R4adv

R&R4adv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Took mine for a little road ride, started off nice and sunny but the higher i got the wetter it got,
    But any ride on a 950 is GREAT.
    [​IMG]
  11. KTM 950S

KTM 950S Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I dont think we are going to have winter this year in Greece....every day perfect weather...only thing in my mind is travelling....
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  12. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    Wow. Nice spot man!
  13. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    I cant tell how often I have sat in the garage and envisioned cut'n my adventure up and turn it into SE. Nice to see what it would look like.
    I think it looks awesome. :clap
  14. two trackin fool

two trackin fool Long timer

Oddometer:
    :y0!Which rear rack is that on your LC8 ? I'm currently looking at options for mine . I like the looks of that one :thumb
  15. robdogg

robdogg turnip truck driver

Oddometer:
  16. Marc Lenssen

Marc Lenssen Adventurer

Oddometer:
  17. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    back in France but Soul still in North America
    Picture from last fall... Can't wait for the snow to melt!
    [​IMG]
  18. Av8rPaul

Av8rPaul Have bike will travel

Oddometer:
    Nice pic. Look at the color of those leaves and tell me God isn't a KTM fan!:D
  19. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    back in France but Soul still in North America
    :lol3 :rofl
  20. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool little RideApart video with a 990 in Colorado.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XMz9eEZ3LTs?list=UU5rBpVgv83gYPZ593XwQUsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>