Your bike at a Pub or Bar

Discussion in 'Photos' started by Earl of Portchester, Jun 20, 2012.

1. spitandsputter

spitandsputter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Me and Thanantos at Dark Horse brewery in Marshall, MI,

[​IMG]
    New_Dawn likes this.
  2. spitandsputter

spitandsputter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New_Dawn likes this.
  3. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

yea i can't decide which picture i like better

[​IMG]
    New_Dawn likes this.
  4. Earl of Portchester

Earl of Portchester Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

The Golden Lion is situated in the Old High Street in Fareham's conservation area.

[​IMG]
  5. Colemanfu

Colemanfu King of all manfu

Oddometer:
    New_Dawn likes this.
  6. wipe-out

wipe-out Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    does in a bar count as well?

<table style="width:auto;"><tbody><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From On The Road - Week 19</td></tr></tbody></table>

:freaky
    [​IMG]
    coollittleone and ArrinD like this.
  7. Earl of Portchester

Oddometer:
    If thats the view from the bar, then I guess the fish is pretty fresh!:clap
  8. EricD10563

EricD10563 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Having some brews in Issaquah, WA

[​IMG]
  9. Earl of Portchester

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

This welcoming Pub is situated in the shadow of the Famous Portchester Roman Settlement. The Pub itself was built around 1650 and has been at the heart of a village that boasts many period buildings with interesting architecture and thatched roofs. A book published round about 1925 and titled 'Portchester Castle' by Cooke, referred to the Pubs in Castle End that have since reverted to private dwelling houses, there only being one still left, The Cormorant. Of this Inn, it was stated that it was a place where cock and rat fighting took place in the bars and that the pub was a keen supporter of the famous Wicor smuggling gang.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] The Bar.

[​IMG] 1928
    coollittleone likes this.
  10. OH_Wahoo

OH_Wahoo It's always time to

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  11. Earl of Portchester

Oddometer:
    The Red Lion Hotel
    [​IMG]
    The Red Lion Hotel has been welcoming guests since 1736, when it was first recorded as a coaching inn. As a substantial and well-found inn, the Red Lion saw plenty of custom not just from travellers on the Portsmouth-Southampton road but also from sea captains whose ships were being unloaded and turned round at the town's quay alike.
    In 1891 the Hotel accommodation was discribed as well-arranged as to leaving nothing wished for, and provides Bar, Bar Parlour, Coffee, Commercial, Gaming and Billiard Rooms, 3 Private sitting Rooms, with 15 bedrooms, large Market Room 27ft. x 18ft. and County Ball Room 60ft x 23ft. in which has been held all the County Balls in this division for many years. In the large Posting Yard is a well established Tap with Cottage Residence, stabling for 30 Horses, commodious Coach House, a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">Range</st1:placeType> of <st1:placeName w:st="on">Piggeries</st1:placeName></st1:place> and Fowl Houses, &c. The Freehold includes extensive <st1:placeName w:st="on">Vegetable</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Garden</st1:placeType> and <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Bowling Green</st1:City></st1:place>.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
  12. joelwebb

joelwebb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]Not my slash5 but I saw the nice /5 from across the street and could not resist the photo!
  13. Earl of Portchester

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

The Portsdown Inn is my old 'Local'. My Grandfather attended the opening day and I remember my Dad going into the off licence to get his bottles of stout.

Unfortunatly the pub has now got a bad reputation and receintly was ordered to close after police warned that someone would be killed there if it was allowed to remain open. Hampshire Constabulary called for the pub to have its licence reviewed following a fight there in January. According to police reports, a man came to the pub at about 2.30am with a baseball bat and began smashing windows. The landlady was holding a lock-in at the time, selling drinks illegally after hours. When the man began smashing windows, drinkers from the pub rushed out and attacked him, leaving him with &#8216;serious injuries&#8217; including a broken leg and head injuries. There had also been five other serious incidents at the pub since 2010 involving a knuckle-duster, a stabbing, an attack with a glass, and a drinker having part of their ear bitten off.

News report: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/lo...r-brawl-leaves-man-with-broken-legs-1-3467726

Obviously the neighbourhood went down hill after I moved out!:rofl
  14. Earl of Portchester

Oddometer:
    The Spotted Cow
    [​IMG]

The Spotted Cow is right on the quayside, enjoying harbour views across Poole to the Purbeck Hills.
  15. PNWRR

PNWRR A study in Mopishness

Oddometer:
    That's MY kind of place. :freaky
  16. looper68

looper68 n00b

Oddometer:
    Highline Pub in Seton Portage, BC.

A little bit of Bavaria in the middle of nowhere in particular.
    [​IMG]
    3rdeng likes this.
  17. Earl of Portchester

Oddometer:
    Dundees Bar
    [​IMG]

Dundees Sports Bar is situated on Poole Quay. Tuesday night is 'Bikers Night' with an all you can eat buffet for £5, with a free soft drink and kids eat free. As you can imagine, its busy on a Tuesday night.
  18. HayDuchessLives

HayDuchessLives Loquita

Oddometer:
    This is the infamous, historic Board of Trade Saloon in Nome, Alaska, built in 1900 during the Gold Rush. It's older than the city of Nome, which was formally established in 1901. I was told I HAD to visit this saloon when I visited Nome, so I spent a couple of entertaining hours there, in the late afternoon, before things get crazy at night.

[​IMG]
  19. aufevermike

aufevermike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't forget this was once owned by Wyatt Earp.
  20. Silverbeard

Silverbeard Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My SV N - an SV S and four GSX1400's outside Ellalong Pub yesterday .... Great day for a ride

[​IMG]