College Football 2012

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NativeSon, Dec 12, 2011.

1. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    maybe most of all, looking forward to putting the Jerry Sandusky thing behind us.
  2. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interesting articles over on espn about who should comprise the selection committees. The infighting has already begun among fans.

Ex coaches?
    ADs?
    Press?

Pretty big arguments for and against all three.
  3. Bubwheat

Bubwheat Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    "E-mails reveal Penn State complicity in Sandusky cover-up"...it'll be a long time before it's even out of the news, much less a distant memory.:huh
  4. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    The second biggest sport in the US is suing someone else. Let the games begin. :1drink
  5. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Yep, looks like this is about to take a turn for the worse instead of a healing. Ugly.....to Uglier.
  6. ReactorTrip

ReactorTrip glows in the dark

Oddometer:
    Surprised they didn't try to arc weld the tigers head off. :rofl

[​IMG]
  7. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    watching espn now regarding the freeh report. I said many, many times that Joe Paterno would never knowingly hurt a child. It looks like I was wrong. I couldn't wrap my brain around the great Paterno ever doing something like this.

Anyway, I owe an apology to Linzi. Sorry Linzi. You were right, I was wrong.
  8. Bubwheat

Oddometer:
    Nice post and apology...it takes a big man...

What amazes me is what these big institutions do to protect themselves, the Catholic Church, Penn State, Boy Scouts...the list goes on and on, protect the institution at all costs.

Now I just hope the Paterno family just STFU and lives with the fact that their patriarch was a flawed human being.
  9. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    NS :thumb I remember you being shocked years ago that I didn't venerate JoePa. --And I was talking football, not this shit then.

Guys/Gals, let's keep the Sandusky/JoePa stuff in CSM please. There are threads there.
  10. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    In this case I hope PSU gets sued till the walls come down. They deserve to lose every penny in the bank.
  11. Jurgen

Oddometer:
  12. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. Jurgen

Oddometer:

:lol3

124?

I could swear last year D1 was 120. (UNM was always below 116 and I followed it :lol3) Did they add four?

edit: see #124 UMass was added, that's 1.

found it... read the article before responding Jurgen.

14. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    Jurgen's notes from the bottom. I have hopes for Davie. No not great hopes, UNM isn't going to get so good that Jurgen can whine about them not having a playoff spot. But hopes that he can get them into the top half of the denuded Mountain West Conference.

There have been comments from Davie about having to teach the Lobos to work hard. Along the lines of, "They thought they were working hard before, but they weren't..."

My man at Tulane reports similarly. Much more focused practices in spring and up tempo in the weight room.

I hope both can improve and get some wins. I'd love to see both win four this year. Small beer, but a big step forward.

UNM has Texas and Texas Tech early in the schedule.

Tulane opens against Rutgers. Tough way to start for both.
  15. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was a little disappointed to see my gators come in at #25. The defense is great (top 10?), we'll have a qb for the first time since Tebow, and maybe the best trio of coaches since Meyer, Mullen, and Strong. And somehow we're ranked behind TC's Tennessee? I know these aren't official, but come on.
  16. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    FAU plays Georgia and Alabama back to back. :eek1
  17. Jurgen

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I stopped reading at 100.

Tennessee that high? Really? Got to make sure the roof insurance is paid up as I think someone is trying to trebuchet launch some pigs so they can claim they fly. :huh
  18. Bubwheat

Oddometer:
    All of these preseason polls are just a way for sports writers to keep busy in the off season. I remember a while back that Notre Dame was always listed in the Top 10 preseason for years, and for most of those years they were lucky to finish in the Top 25.

Damn, that list was brutally honest..."a legitimate chance to win 2 games"...:huh
  19. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sure it's a way for sports writers to keep busy. Why else would they bother to rank the #124 team in America? Exercise in futility. And for the uber competitive among us, it's still upsetting that our team is ranked so low.

which team was that?
  20. Bubwheat

Oddometer:
    That would be New Mexico..."That record is dreadful, but Davie should allow the Lobos to improve in the immediate future. Having 14 starters back and hosting both Southern (FCS opponent) and Texas State (homecoming game) gives them a legitimate chance to get at least two victories."

BTW anyone know where WSU/Leach lands on the list? This is one team and Coach that really piques my interest, but oddly, not enough to wade through a liist of 124 teams! :D