Honda NC700 Integra ride review

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by MODNROD, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Tangles_OZ

Tangles_OZ Andrew

Oddometer:
    I posted this on another forum here in Australia just a few thoughts. Well have had the Integra now for about 7 weeks now and some of you want a review. So here goes.

For a start you have to be of a certain hight not too tall or your knees will hit the front panels but not too short or you won't touch the ground. I am about 180 cm with fairly long legs and I am just about right. I will say that the seat is really comfy but that might be because I come from having a Kymco Xciting 500 and even with a cushion that seat was like a plank of wood.

The ride is good far better than the scoot. The 17" wheels help here. The only thing I will say that at speed 100ks plus the ride is a bit bouncy. I have not altered the suspension as I am waiting on the panniers and top box which will give a bit more weight to the back. I find it a lot better when the Baggage (Robyn) is on the back or with the big back PAC that I use for work. Doing Twisties is now a breeze.

This Bike/scoot has the DCT system which allows you to be in full auto with D drive or S sport modes. Also semi auto which means you decide when to up change but it will down shift when it needs to, no stalling .
    When in auto mode you can down shift at any time great in the Twisties and going down hill. The engine breaking is terrific. The only issue is at slow speed maneuvers where I feal in auto the gear box is short shifting too soon. I find I put it into Manual mode and she will then stay in 2nd gear instead of trying to get into 4th. It is a 6 gear gear box. It goes into 6thgear at about 70ks so it is like an over drive. At 60ks she is doing about 2300rpm and at 100ks about 3500rpm. So yes very economical about 28/30ks per ltr.. She (Greta) has a 14ltr. tank. Also the acceleration is wonderful even in normal drive mode. Just ask Tanys . The 670cc engine will do faster than 160ks don't ask how I know this.

I think I would class Greta as more a sports/tourer than a cruiser/tourer. When riding I am finding I like to work a lot harder if I want to, just more fun really!!

One thing that I really like is that it is a chain final drive. Just like a normal bike. Now I know there is a lot of comment on other forums say if only it was a belt drive. In MHO there are at least 2 reasons why I like the chain. The story of Murf while on our Tassie trip and broke his belt. The short story he bought another bike! Now if he had chain easy to replace or fix at any shop. Also no slippage in water crossings which has happened! And really it only takes 1 minute to spray lube a chain every 500ks plus it is a good time to check everything else that you should do anyway.

Well there is a lot more but maybe it's time for a few questions from you!
  2. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    Cool!
    Thanks!

Can you double check the revs at 100km/h in 6th please?

I got 3000 on the NC700X which would suggest the Integra has shorter
    gearing (which I'm not sure I'd like).
  3. Tangles_OZ

Tangles_OZ Andrew

Oddometer:
    Oops yes it is about one dot over the 3000rpm so about 3250rpm at 100ks.
    I do think it is getting better as it runs in. It may be like the BMW g650gs I had which took 5000ks before everything was bedded down.:D only just done 2000ks so far.
  4. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    Good!
    Thanks!
  5. Discojon75

Discojon75 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any real world data on Integra fuel economy yet? Fuelly.com doesn't have any Integras. :cry
  6. mrnoitall

mrnoitall Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm not buying the MPG numbers on this or the Integra. There are some crazy figures being thrown around.
  7. Discojon75

Discojon75 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The numbers for the NC700X seem to be fairly consistent... 65MPG +/- 5MPG if measured in US gallons... The confusion you're probably seeing is by UK magazines that use Imperial gallons (~1.2 US gallons per Imperial) resulting in 75ish MPG. I believe Edgey is member here in fact and owns one.

http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x

Swap the settings in fuelly to UK gallons and you'll see what I mean.
  8. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    My cousin has seen 70mpg 2 times, and even flogging it doesn't go under
    60MPG.

There's no reason to doubt the figures.
    This is a completely different engine to what we're used to.
  9. mrnoitall

mrnoitall Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm not confused and I understand that an Imperial gallon is roughly 1.2 US gallons. Perhaps I should have been clearer. I don't believe there is a 700cc vehicle that can be ridden normally and get 65-70 mpg US. My 250 bikes get 65mpg on a good day. If I'm wrong the next year will bear that out.. If I'm wrong I'm buying one of these vehicles.
  10. mrnoitall

mrnoitall Banned

Oddometer:
    I agree, especially with the hard bags. It's an odd creature... and yet I want one. At least Honda has the balls to come up with these things. I have a feeling the Intregra will go the way of the DN 01. It just does not look like a lasting design.. It looks like something we will look back at and say " Do you remember that monstrosity Honda came out with"
  11. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    Considering my job, I tend to speak with most motorcycle dealers around here.

The Integra is on preorder at every single one, while the interest is the largest
    for the 700X. IMHO, the Integra will never go the DN01 route. Considering
    sales in Italy, it's among the most popular choices already.
  12. mrnoitall

mrnoitall Banned

Oddometer:
    It's way too early to make any real prediction. I was referring more so to the western world, if it ever comes here. Two years from now we will have a much better idea
  13. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    They sold almost 1.900 of them in Italy until the end of June.
    13th place overall.

NC700X is at the 20th place with ~1.300 units.
  14. Dezzie

Dezzie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    let the photoshopping commence, found this trawlin the web, just shows it can look good with some imagination, am almost ready to sign the dotted line to order one!:D

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9TjNig0IGA&feature=related like this video too, dont understand a word he is saying but just love the quality of the video and that colour red on the scoot in the sunlight looks gorgeous!
  15. turbodieseli4i6

turbodieseli4i6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well your right the 700cc doesn't get 70 mpg US. I have a NCX but it only has a 670cc engine and my last tank was 75.5 mpg US.
    I don't care who believes me either! Bring your 250's or other choice and I'll prove it!
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/turbodieseli4i6/nc700x
  16. MODNROD

MODNROD Pawn of Petty Tyrants

Oddometer:
    I rekn looking at your car (Pug 416i) you would have measured the economy out of interest at least. I mention you're car, because I had a Citroen C4 1.6 HDi for years from new. I travelled 95000km in it over 6 years, probably 80% of it's life till then sitting on 110-120kph on the cruise, and it averaged for the whole mileage 4.7L/100km.
    I also remember sitting on a steady 85kph for about 150km (long story, stuck behind a road train heading to the mines up north........), and the fuel economy was LESS THAN 3L/100km in those conditions. This made the Citroen more economical at that speed, with 4 adults and 2 suitcases, than a small scooter with one rider.
    I rekn the Integra might be the first bike to beat that economy without trying any special economy driving routines, but really, this bike strikes me as just a really well screwed together do-anything bike that uses hardly any fuel while riding around having fun. I know on my test ride the fuel needle didn't even move......
  17. Cortez

Cortez BAZINGA!

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  18. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    I wonder if we will ever get this in the US?
  19. turbodieseli4i6

turbodieseli4i6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hope we get it!
  20. Rocky Mayer

Rocky Mayer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Greetings,

Doing Guy Websters new NC700 on Monday morning, think we are sewing up the New Silver Basket Weave vinyl with smooth black sides.

We will post pics Monday afternoon.

Rock

billmayersaddles.com