Potential Ryan Young Clinic 12-13 April in NC

Discussion in 'Trials' started by GrayEagleRider, Feb 6, 2014.

1. nuggets

nuggets It's all my fault...

Oddometer:
    This is going to be awesome :thumb

2. nuggets

Oddometer:
    Any chance to rent/borrow a bike for less than $200?
  3. Tarheel Wheeler

Tarheel Wheeler Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ryan's rental bikes are all 13 or 14 Sherco 3.0s. In other words, great equipment worth every penny. Highly recommend renting one of his bikes in order to see what a modern trials bike is capable of. Plus you don't have to worry about pissing your buddy off when you drop and damage the bike you borrowed. Just my $.02. :lol3

There are a lot of local trials riders that follow the Raleigh/Fayetteville thread if you want to post up over there about borrowing or renting a cheaper bike.

Get ready for a fun but tiring 2 days. :wink:
  4. GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The bikes are really sweet... and not being financially liable for damage done to the bike is definitely a plus.

TW is right, very fun and tiring 2 days. :D

5. nuggets

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Ride these?!

SOLD!
  6. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    Love mine...
    [​IMG]
  7. HooliKen

HooliKen Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer:
    If this lasts longer than 4 hours...........shouldn't I call a Dr? :D
  8. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    I'm Combat Lifesaver trained and we may even have an Army trained medic attending the clinic. :wink:

So ride it like ya stole it! :lol3
  9. nuggets

Oddometer:
    Hope you don't need to fix this: :rofl

10. joebiodiesel

joebiodiesel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My wife will be relieved to hear this. She normally does ambulance duty for me, except if she is too busy with something. Then she makes me find my own way there.

Joe
  11. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    Guess it's time for me to get on the stick & order new tires. Or I could use the old ones for an excuse. :D
  12. HooliKen

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't worry about it mate. There will be at least one complete trials n00b in attendance........:lol3

Just wait until you guys get to see my gorilla self on a trials bike....:D
  13. Jeff Munn

Jeff Munn Just along for the ride..

Oddometer:
    That would be me. But I've watched so many youtube videos that I think I can handle it. Really, how hard can it be? I can pull up to a stop sign on my big GS and only have to put one foot down..... so I think I can handle this. :huh

Besides, every group needs to have someone who provides comic relief. That will most likely be me.

Jeff
  14. Purch23

Purch23 Dirtbiker

Oddometer:
    A big thank you to GER and Tarheel for setting all this up!

Another big thank you to Tarheel for offering up his property for us all to share! Few are so generous.

Thanks guys! See you in April!
  15. Huzband

Huzband Team Dirt

Oddometer:
    You have to put a foot down?

:lol3
  16. HooliKen

Oddometer:
    This is going to prove to be one of the greatest moments of our lives. We most definitely need to get some video. For history's sake....of course. :D
  17. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    Yep Purch, me and GER make a good team. He's the brains and I'm the brawn. My pleasure to host you guys. :lol3

Primitive camping and a porta john will be available. Plenty of hotels just minutes away. The barn/shop/tack room/hay loft/redneck drive inn is also available for sleeping arrangements.

Ryan Young clinics are becoming far and few between due to Ryan's other commitments. You guys are in for a treat. Check you egos at the door and become a sponge. There's a ton of information to take in over the two days. :ear

Saturday nights are always fun here watching DVDs, eating, partaking of adult beverages and just general hangin out. :freaky

Almost forgot, we're going to try and do a better job of documenting the general jackassery of the 2 days. Plan to take video and pics of everyone during the drills and hopefully get DVDs to those interested.
  18. DirtDud

DirtDud Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    We are very excited to get to ride at your place THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! :D I was wondering how big of an area we will be riding on ? My wife will be walking ?
  19. joebiodiesel

joebiodiesel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in. PM Sent for deposit info. I am getting a room at the Holiday Inn. I'm one of those greasy Italian guys that sweats olive oil, so I will need a hot shower before and after the event. :D No camping for me. I'd slide out of my clothes the next day.

If anyone that doesn't snore like a freight train is looking to share a room let me know.

Also, would it be OK to drop my bike off on Friday night while I'm at the hotel? I'd rather not have to worry about someone grabbing the bike out of the back of the truck.

I'm glad to see there will be other folks there that aren't afraid to make fools of themselves. I will stand out less when I put on my "falling display". If history is any judge I will demonstrate how to fall off my bike from the front, back, both sides, rapid motion, slow motion, and several ways I haven't though of yet.

Joe
  20. Tarheel Wheeler

Oddometer:
    100+ acres. We mainly stay around the house and barn, but we do spend time all over the farm during the 2 days.

Have over 6 miles of single track if you want to bring a mountain bike or a non-knobby small motorcycle.