Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. spanker

spanker Lake City, FL

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I didn't notice you had an '06 with comp adjusters, I have an '08 w/o. I am a big believer in lowering fork oil level. It's easy to experiment with because you can add oil easily if it's too soft. When I put my comp adjusters in this month, I'm going to go as low as 160mm from the top and see how I like it.
  2. Oaxacuzano

Oaxacuzano Dromo maniac

Oddometer:
    The removal of the Copm to the front forks is tanks to the BMW, I hate those stupid cost reductions.

Other cost reduction es the removal of the cap in the left side of the generator to move the crank in order to put the piston in TDC to adjust the valves, for the 08 you need to remove all the left side cover.

Next cost reduction that i found is for the rear shock absorver, only has 2 adjusters instead of 3.

The last cost reduction is the removal of the switch to turn off the front lamp and leave on only the little light, some times called candle, I do not care this removal, but it is a cost reduction.

I think BMW should not keep making these stupid cost reductions and concentrate the efforts to fix the epidemic issue of the cam chain tensioner or the principal crank nut gear.

If you see their Xchallenge or X some think bikes are crap, they look like cheap chineese bikes.
  3. DockingPilot

DockingPilot Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer:
    What are you talking about ? BMW had not taken production over. Certainly not when the 08's were being designed. Thats Cagiva. Production cost reductions yes, but not by BMW.

4. Xfool

Xfool Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stock fork oil weight is 7.5w.

Reducing oil height beyond 4 inches is good for rocks, but I found I couldn't keep the front end up in whoops. So I am back to running a 4 inch oil level in the forks.

Tuning is definitely a personal deal. YMMV.
  5. Switch Blade Sammy

Switch Blade Sammy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys, I'm about to buy a 01 TE-410 of a friend of a friends. This will be my first bike. Is there anything that I need to lookout for when checking the bike out? I plan on using the bike for some off road and more commuting. I understand that I'll have to learn the 4stoke shuffle kickstart.
  6. garet55947

garet55947 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I checked Clymers, Haynes, Chiltons, etc. and no one has a repair manual for the TE610. Those really came in handy over the years that I have owned bikes. Is there a good quality repair manual available for the TE610 '06/'07 model? Thanks.
  7. deepcdiver

deepcdiver Nobody Special

Oddometer:
    you should be able to find a download for the factory manual...I found it two weeks ago on a Mexican website when I was in Cabo and the oil light went on. Do a Google search, include SM610 in the search parameters as well.
  8. Ruffus

Ruffus Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer:
    Ooops
  9. LostRider

LostRider Motorcycle Addict

Oddometer:
    Garet, you can get it here:
    http://www.savefile.com/files/332161

If I had known I would have put a copy in with the wheels.

10. garet55947

garet55947 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ruffus and Lost Rider, thanks! Yep, packaged in with the wheels would have been good. Too bad. Oh well, still looking forward to getting the wheels mounted and hit the streets!
  11. Hoder

Hoder Card carrying greeny

Oddometer:
    Here's the drilled airbox cover
  12. PacificPT

PacificPT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hoder,

Nice looking modification. I think that will be a project for this weekend. Thanks for the picture.
  13. deepcdiver

deepcdiver Nobody Special

Oddometer:
    Hoder, I cannot quite tell from the photo, did you use 1" foam inserts or mesh screen to the airbox in those holes, or is the filter open to the elements?
  14. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Please remove this link. It is against forum policy to post publicly copyrighted information.

Dan
  15. Schooter

Schooter Panty Raider

Oddometer:
    Hey, i have a 2000 te610, i was wondering if there is some electric start kit, or like some electric start i can rom off an sm to throw on it, but i have one hell of a time starting it being a short kid and all
    also, my bike didnt run for a year, then i sprayed some ether in the spark plug hole, it fired up, would fire up good for a couple of weeks, now that i changed the handle bars and grips, it wont start, i did twist the throttle while the petcock was off, umm any suggestions? i really hate this bike lol, i want to sell it, if interested m me, its really nice actually. But i need help getting it started, its something weird with the carbs. Thanks, Lance!
  16. Ted West

Ted West n00b-ish

Oddometer:
    I couldn't read one word thanks to your avatar.
  17. Dr. Zaius

Dr. Zaius It's a mad house

Oddometer:
    Writing 101 was the wrong class to skip in highschool...:D
  18. Hoder

Oddometer:
    When it sat did you have stabilzer in the gas? I'd start by pulling the carb apart and giving it a good cleaning.
  19. Schooter

Schooter Panty Raider

Oddometer:
    ya, im just in a hurry, looking back at what i typed, im wasn't even sure i meant by "rom", but now i know its rob, and once i bought it i put stabil in it and stuff, fluched it, blah blah, it ran, ive got a whopping 34 miles on in in a year, i made up for it by putting about 1500 miles on my parents snowmobiles and 1k on my yamaha maxim.

Truthfully, im afraid of carbs, such little parts ill mess it up. i was going to take it to a guy to clean them, but it ran so well and started so easily once i put ether in it.
    I dont want to put ehter in it again cuz my dad yelled at me that it would blow off the head bolts. Its got to be something with the flooding. But ya this bikes been alive for 8 years, and i think its sat for about 6 of them
  20. Hoder

Oddometer:
    Here's a better shot. If you snip the wires in the middle without removing them you can push it over the tabs in the rear and it locks on. You could put a finer mesh on first but I haven't had any issues with the big mesh.

[​IMG]

And here's a sneek peek at what Santa just brought (HIDx2):

[​IMG]

I'll be doing a full review when I get it installed.