Trials Bicycles

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Charla, Mar 1, 2011.

1. nwcycle

nwcycle Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just send me a pic or 2 and let me know what you are looking to get OK.
    There is a huge jump I see from old to the new with $$$ all ove rthe place
    Thanks
  2. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:

I throw out some pics, hopefully tomorrow. Need to bleed the brakes and install them. I went over this bike that had been sitting in a garage for a long time. However, the bike is worth about @225 bucks, then about $70 to ship. I would rather you buy a new $700 bike, ride it and if you don't like it sell it for a minor loss.

The alp is cro mo frame, solid, low bb height so easy to track stand and learn the basics. A great bike to have as a spare when your friend comes over.
  3. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Sorry Barron, this is the only picture I took. This was right after we got home Sunday afternoon. Just no time to take photos...

Ge got two 2nds, one 3rd and two 4ths (the jackets he's wearing was a award he recieved for making seven mixed open mains). He just aged up two months ago and was fighting every inch of the way. Tough, tight track with some very talented riders from across the western states.
  4. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
    This is so much awesome!! Outstanding results Aiden!!! :clap:clap:clap
  5. AteamNM

Oddometer:
    Just curious Jim, what are the entry fee for a race like this?
  6. Garthe

Oddometer:

45 for class, 35 for cruiser and 25 for open (open is worth NO district points, its a trophy grab, track practice time and a warm up for your main race)

District local racing is 10 bucks ( class or cruiser), as a apples to oranges comparison.
  7. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Would it be a complete waste in practice/training to learn trials stuff on a mountian bike?

I ride mostly dirtbikes, and at my older age am finding myself attempting trials stuff on my 2 stroke. So I bought myself a mountain bike and now finding my self attempting trials stuff on the mountain bike.

I don't want to lay down more cash for another trails bike (similar to all the ones I have seen on this great thread), but if training wheel hops and trackstands on a mountian bike will take me backwards I guess I will buy a trails bike.

What is the opinion of the more knowledgeable here?

Thanks for a great thread.
  8. Barron

Barron M0DAH0LIC

Oddometer:
    No worries on the pics, one of my kids was into karate for a while and I kept meaning to take pics, but I was too bust cheering...

He did really good though! I know he makes you proud!
  9. AteamNM

Oddometer:
    Ride it, thrash it, replace/upgrade it. If you find you like riding trials bicycle, then ultimately you will want to upgrade to the real geometry trials bicycle. Until then, go ride, track stand, hop around, roll over everything you can find.

Google Ryan leech bike trials tutorials, they are great to watch and try.

Oh yea, welcome to the dark side.:huh
  10. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:

Thank you.
  11. AteamNM

Oddometer:
    I guess this bike is maybe a 2003, Martin may know or Garth. However, there are no issues.
    I need to put the brakes back on after a proper bleed, replacing with better although
    used pads. Put the seat back on. The pictures are of the bike hanging upside down
    under skis in the garage. So yea, they are a bit silly to look at.

New front tire, FSA (I think?) headset, new chain of course, options on pedals, I have
    several pairs form shin shredders to basic old school Monty? Jim has asked for
    this bike many times, but I am not motivated to sell it plus it's not even mine but the
    college kid will say yea likely.

[​IMG]

Sorry, it's dark in my garage.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Throw this in for fun, garage frig.

[​IMG]
  12. MartinPetren

MartinPetren Swe

Oddometer:
    I think that bike is much older than that.. A pure relic! My old riding buddy found one on Blocket ( Craigslist equivalent ) in BRAND NEW condition. I must say, that's one heck of a bunny hop machine!

I wish I had an old Monty to fool around with. I miss short wheelbase, I think I need more bikes!

Oh, and I do like your fridge! Mine isn't as pimped out as yours but it does have an Inspired sticker on it!

:clap
  13. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    That was me a few years ago. I bought a trials motorcycle and began competing after about a year. The trials bicycle has improved (I think) my trials riding, but I am not so sure how much of a direct improvement the bicycle will give you on the 2T. :dunno I suppose every bit helps, but the trials M/C is IMO the way to go if your main focus will still be trail riding.
  14. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:

You're probably right....in addition to balance improvement with an M/C I would be using throttle/clutch control also.
  15. grizzzly

grizzzly The Pre-Banned Version

Oddometer:
    i havent seeen a NMTA sticker like that one, what is it about a mid 90's and what is that one in the lower left?

BTW no ADV sticker?:lol3
  16. Garthe

Oddometer:
    Made up a little Trials course for Aidan, in the driveway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Due to BMX Racing, he doesn't get to spend much time on the Trials bike. He sure learns quickly thou. He's going to start doing some trials events, for the fun of it, in a couple of months.
  17. AteamNM

Oddometer:

Aiden is such an all American kid with all American parents.

[​IMG]

Skinnies are hard.
  18. Garthe

Oddometer:
    I've been call many things, over the years...but, all american, isn't one of them :lol3.

I had a BIG cup of coffee. this morning. Then Aidan said he wanted to do more trials riding. So....this stuff happened.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know where this is all going, but...it sure is fun coming up with different things for him to do.
  19. Macke22

Macke22 Trials Rider

Oddometer:
  20. AteamNM

Oddometer:
    Found this for Garthe, thought I would throw this up.

European World Championship, juniors. A lot of mad skilz here for 16 and under.

http://vimeo.com/46607780 :clap