Power Controller - F800gs / F650gs Snatchy Throttle Fix

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by HighTechCoonass, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wncstrada

wncstrada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Payment on the way. Looking forward to a much smoother F800GS!
  2. AngryRed

AngryRed Lost in Cyber Space

Oddometer:
    I tell ya if I almost get bucked off my bike offroad one more time I'm going to lose it (likely literally). I'm in for one, might as well give it a try. PP coming at ya HTCA.
  3. HighTechCoonass

HighTechCoonass Living the Dream....

Oddometer:
    you will like the results! Shipped your PC this morning!

4. wncstrada

wncstrada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought my 800gs back in June, a 2009 model with just 1000 miles on the bike. When I was riding on the street, the bike ran about as well as the last few fuel injected bikes I'd owned. When I got to slow first and second gear trails the bike became hard to ride. The throttle seemed to be a lightswitch in first gear. If I hit a bump in the road, the movement of my hand would bring on a lurch that would upset the bike. It was very difficult to ride smoothly in first gear on rough terrain.

I've taken two rides since I installed the Power Controller and I'm very happy with the results. The on and off throttle transition is much smoother now. I'm much happier with the bike and feel that the Power Commander was money well spent. Thank you HTCA!
  5. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    Thanks!! The next shipments will go out mid week... :D I have a few pre-made waiting on one of the BMW style plugs. when I do ship I will send an email...
  6. AngryRed

AngryRed Lost in Cyber Space

Oddometer:
    Got it and popped it in this weekend. I wasn't able to ride much until today and I'm very pleased. The bike runs smoother throughout all RPMs and is super smooth on the highway now. I don't know if it was my bike specifically but when I was in 6th gear going 70-80mph there was a small but noticeable lurch every 6-10 seconds. Nothing violent but very annoying as it was noticeable. That's gone now and rolling on and off the throttle is much nicer now as well.

The last right turn into my office is a brick driveway that is usually wet and slippery. I have to slow way down and once I enter the turn I usually roll on the throttle and get jerked quite a bit. This morning my body was in defensive posture leaning forward and I rolled on the throttle and no jerk.

Thanks HTCA, well done!
  7. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    I knew you would like it!! parts are in!! Next orders got out tomorrow night!!

8. fletman

fletman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally arrived in the abode of peace which is a miracle in its self!
    Super easy install, and does all as advertised. It's 98 degrees here every day unless it's 100. It has changed the bike completely, thanks for all your efforts in getting it here.
    If anyone's sitting on the fence, jump off and PayPal today, well worth the "reddies"
  9. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    New orders get a Mini Trail decal and a WukaKing Decal!!

[​IMG]
  10. danman

danman Tumbling Dice

Oddometer:
    Got my power controller last week. Super easy install, takes longer to remove the plastic than to install the device. Sixty mile on road test ride last weekend, 65 degrees outside, switch on blue side. Noticeable results over stock, much smoother and stronger acceleration. Bike felt more 'normal' meaning you can get used to the snattchiness of the 800 throttle and forget how it ought to be. Feels and runs great.

Just to be sure I wasn't imagining the results, did a bike swap with a buddy of mine. He also has an 09 f800. We went on a 15 mile test ride, surface streets and freeway, swapped bikes half way. Fifty-two degrees outside temp. Told my buddy I did something to my bike but wasn't specific, wanted his impressions. His stock bike was rougher, just like I remembered, and after the ride he said he could tell that something was different, that my bike was smoother and a little quicker on acceleration. He has one on order.

Can't wait to try it out on the 1200GS.

Well done product.
  11. libratrades

libratrades libratrades

Oddometer:
    payment set for 2 power controllers.

thanks !
  12. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    Try one you will like it.... booster plug, accelerator, they all make a world of difference in the ride ability of an 800cc dirt bike :eek1when you are on the technical stuff!:D

13. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    all orders shipped out today!!!!:D with 4 in stock!! and KTM's on the way:evil
  14. Grits&Gravy

Grits&Gravy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just received mine for the F800GS and it works great.

HTC, I have other things laying in the area between the air box and battery where you indicate to lay the circuit board so I just laid mine across the top of the battery and it could get wet while riding in the rain. Is this an issue? You can see the white end of the circuit board just to the right of the top of my fork tube. It is still under the faux tank cover. If this is an issue please let me know and I will see what I can do to resolve.

[​IMG]
  15. nytrashman

nytrashman old and in the way

Oddometer:
    i have a 2011 F650GS, which i purchased new in April of this year. will installing your PC void my warranty?
  16. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    Nope....no problem... its sealed in solid epoxy and 100% waterproof

17. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
  18. Grits&Gravy

Grits&Gravy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AWESOME!!!!! :happay
  19. nytrashman

nytrashman old and in the way

Oddometer:
    as soon as i find a waterproof switch i like i will e-mail you the link and if you say it will work i will buy it and send it to you so you can incorporate it into my PC. i am looking for a different mounting option then under the seat or on the frame as you have done.
  20. HighTechCoonass

Oddometer:
    sounds good!!! I am ready to build!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.