Westfest 2013

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by COXR650L, Nov 19, 2012.

1. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    ^ Um is that hill big bike friendly :D
  2. Pablo83

Pablo83 Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer:
    Do you have someone to help push?
  3. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    I could get the dr up flag hill. Easy compared to the late captain jacks.
  4. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 so what bike are you going to try it on? If someone loans me a KTM 950 I'll give give it a swing, no guarantee on what the bike will look like after:wink:
  5. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Which group site will the event be held in?

Gerg
  6. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Gerg,

Its going to be at Arrowhead Point campground and we will have the Pavillion and the entire group tent camping area.

If you are making reservations and want to be with the group you need to make them with me by clicking here. You can then register for both westfest and camping on the 9th and 10th using a credit card.

Let me know if that clears things up,
    Ben
  7. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Count us in for some map prizes. :clap
    We'll have the COBDR map this year!
  8. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    Ben,

Looking at the map it shows 4 specific group areas: G-1. G-1A, G-2, and G-3. I'm leaning on coming up with the toy hauler so I was wondering where I would want to be in the RV sites to be close to the action.

Not sure, but I'm thinking about this.

Gerg
  9. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok I understand........

So we have the entire hill for Westfest tent camping:wink: As you can see there are several RV sites that border the hill that would be ideal. My advice is anyone looking to bring an RV should call the campground directly and make sure of size limits, etc and then book the spot ASAP. That way you are sure to get a prime RV spot right next to all the fun with the others in the tent area (but still the safety of the creek at night to keep the holligans away:deal).

[​IMG]

There are also several prime cabin spots around the hill that offer a lot of amenities over tent camping but they will go quick.

This really is a great area that gives us some solitude from the rest of the campground and gives a very remote feeling while camping, yet showers, a camp store, etc are just a short ways a way.

Some pictures of the campground.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good coffee in the morning is never a bad thing..
    [​IMG]
  10. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is great, thanks for the support. I'm sure someone will enjoy the COBDR:deal
  11. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Speaking of sponsors in addition to Butlers sweat maps.....

I wanted to let everyone know that Wolfman will be providing stuff as prizes and give-a-ways. Im not sure exactly what right now, but Im sure it will be good:clap

[​IMG]

Also a very cool company has introduced a new product called Omni-Cruse (cruise control device) and has given 5 Omni-Cruises as Westfest Prizes:wink:

[​IMG]

Highway Dirt Bikes will be giving out a set of their super heavy duty hand guards:evil and some 15% off coupons!

[​IMG]

Thanks for the support guys:deal
  12. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    A little more info on camping....

$45 gets you tent camping on the 9th and 10th with the group. If you are coming early or starying later call and reserve a spot for any nights other than the 9th and 10th. Look at the map above and ask for one of the tent sites on the hill and then you can stay in the same camping spot for Westfest and any additional nights.

Just tell the campground you are registered for Westfest, but would like to camp on XYZ days outside of the Westfest dates.
  13. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    hi ben, couple of my friends did the 2012 and they had a great time. wish i was there.

i would like to think i can make it this time.

joel
  14. LuluOfDenver

LuluOfDenver The peanut gallery.

Oddometer:
    Joel, you gotta come back for RMAR Rendezvous, then stick around CO and do West Fest. I'm gonna be back in CO in time for both, and we'd all love to see you again!! You know, ride a little, lift a few...:freaky
  15. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    hi louise, that will be great if i can do both events. will plan on it. have to talk to my employer and ask for more vacation days....:D

you'll see me wearing my dubinky 4-season pants (came in last week).....:evil
  16. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey thanks Joel:wink:,

I hope you can get up here. It should be a good year for Westfest. The riding around Buena Vista is awesome and has some of the best variety of riding from single track, tons of 4x4 roads and mountain passes, to great 2 lane twisty highways.

If you havent been to the area a great day loop would be into Aspen for lunch over Taylor Pass, the views on both sides of the pass are amazing.

Thanks,
    ben
  17. ct-ktm

ct-ktm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Taylor park was incredible...

How does Co work trailriding.??..can you just get a sticker at a lot of different locations.?.
  18. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes Taylor Park is a must do for any trail rider. It is well worth driving to experience all that single track goodness:deal There are tons of trails that cover a lot of country and Buena Vista and Westfest is the perfect gateway to Taylor Park.

Anyone that has not experienced Taylor Park but wants to, should really come during Westfest. There will be a lot of experienced locals that know the best riding Taylor Park has to offer. Single track during the day and burgers and BS at night, does it get any better:lol3:evil :freaky

ct-KTM.....
    In Colorado if you are on singletrack (I think any trail under 48in) you need an OHV sticker (even if plated technically).

You can get info and also purchases an OHV stickers HERE

You can also purchase them at just about any Moto Shop in Colorado

When were you up here riding last?
  19. ct-ktm

ct-ktm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was out there about 4 years ago now..Been dreaming of getting back ever since..Time will tell..
  20. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    For an out of stater you can buy it online .