Big "D" area Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by PSYCLOPS, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I rode last weekend to the Texas tag-o-rama and went to the salt lick in Driftwood Texas. I'll get working on this tag...
  2. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Salt Lick is one of my favorite BBQ joints in the state of Texas. Hard 8 in Stephenville is another great one. My buddys place the Loco Coyote is also some of the best located outside Glen Rose.. Ranch House in Glen Rose is also outstanding. Smittys in Lockhart is excellent. Kreuzt Market in Lockhart, and on and on.
  3. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I've thought about trying to get a few people and doing the "Texas BBQ and Beer Tour". Eat lunch and dinner at a noted BBQ spot in and around the hill country. There are so many worthy BBQ restaurants in Texas and so little time. Different styles of BBQ as well. Also, maybe visit a brewery as well. Its just an idea I had while riding this last weekend.

I'm going to try for the Hard 8 in Coppell tomorrow if anyone cares to join me for lunch. Be there around 11:15-11:30.
  4. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    My version of the old tag:

[​IMG]

and the New tag. I've been accused of making the last Texas tag too easy, so while this is a unique building, this photo was taken from a different angle than most people view it.

[​IMG]
  5. BigTexasOne

BigTexasOne Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    1 acre of heaven, Springtown, TX. NW of Ft. Worth
    It could be that I'm a noob to north Texas, or I'm a complete doofus, or.........

I have absolutely no idea what or where that is...
  6. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    Here's a hint. Its a structure in the DFW area that has won it's designer a gold medal. Tomorrow night, I'll post a photo with a different view. Didn't want to make it too hard or too easy.
  7. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    It's that church behind central market over in the Hulen area of Ft Worth.
  8. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    You are correct! Was it the clue, or did you just recognize it? Here's my other shot.

[​IMG]

This is a crappy shot. Sorry, its one of the reasons I posted the other pic first. Its a hard building to photograph well, especially if you have to work a the motorcycle into the shot.

For the record, its the Marty Leonard Chapel of the Lena Pope home.
  9. EvilGenius

Oddometer:
    I recognized the roof.

It's a very striking building to say the least, never been in it though.
  10. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:

Its even more striking inside. I've been in and took a photo or two, but couldn't find the pics. The women that was working there was very friendly and allowed me to take some photos.
  11. EvilGenius

Oddometer:
    Awesome.

:thumb

I'll have to stop by there sometime.
  12. RetroG

RetroG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guys are making me homesick for Fort Worth! I was born there and lived the first 48 years of my life there, almost all of it near Hulen and I30. Ten years ago I moved to Rowlett for a new job. East Texas is O.K., but to quote Amon Carter, "Fort Worth is where the west begins and Dallas is where the east peters out" There, I said it!
  13. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:

:rofl

I've never heard the east peters out quote before. :lol3
  14. EvilGenius

Oddometer:
    :lol3

I do like the piney woods of far east texas though, but everything between greenville and west fort worth is meh.
  15. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    The "mehness" might be spreading all the way to Weatherford too. Especially if traffic figures into the "meh" scale. Lately around here (SW Fort Worth) the traffic has been off the charts. This, coupled with the City's inability to 1) fix potholes in a timely manner and 2) to synchronize its traffic lights means it takes too frigg'n long to get just about anywhere these days. And of course I've had to get out in it a bunch. Maybe if we could get the extreme senior citizens (80+) to only drive between the hours of 10:00 am and 3:00 pm it might pick up the pace of traffic significantly. :lol3

I kinda wish we had $4.00 a gallon gas again. Seemed like there were many few vehicles out then - especially those big ones...
  16. ramblin66

ramblin66 HappyHappyJoyJoy

Oddometer:
    Old Tag....
    [​IMG]

New Tag...
    This is where I was heading when I got called back to the office the last time I posted a tag... I posted Awaji Sushi instead of this...

If you've never tried Rahr "Ugly Pug", you should. It's quite good, IMHO, and made locally. Available in most DFW supermarkets AFAIK.

This is the New Tag...
    [​IMG]

They do a nice tour on Wed and Sat, but unfortunately...
    [​IMG]
    Closed sign is NOT the new tag... :lol3

Have a great weekend..! :freaky :freaky
  17. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    Great tag. I love their beer. The tour/tastings have been moved around due to the failure of their roof during the snow event. Last Saturday it was at the Cooper's BBQ in the stockyards. Check their web site for updates as to the locations. You should consider stocking up since they cannot brew until the roof is replaced. :slurp

I went to a happy hour this week and was drinking coors light (it was provided free). It was like water compared to the stuff at Rahr.:lol3 The good news was you could drink a bucket of Coors Light and not really get a buzz, while 2 or 3 Rahrs could make motorcycling unsafe...
  18. ramblin66

Oddometer:
  19. Dahveed

Dahveed Sumo Biker!

Oddometer:
    The G-man is where Ricks-on-the-Bricks used to be. Its got a nice beer garden out front, but the weather forecast for Sunday is not to favorable to sitting outside. Wait a month and it will be good (I hope).

I don't know the firehouse gallery - is it downtown? If so, i've seen the building.
  20. ramblin66

Oddometer:
    According to their web site, the Firehouse Gallery is at 4147 Meadowbrook Dr Fort Worth, TX 76103.
    [​IMG]

Never visited...

Cheers..