The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    Agreed. That is more than fair. I'd be on that deal like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
  2. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    New gun day...

Latest addition to the WWII collection a G43, or Hitlers Garand. The rest are out of my price bracket, G41, SVT38, Johnson...all going for north of $4k...some well north of that.

Here is a standard internet pic.

[​IMG]
  3. Fe Man

Fe Man I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer:
    Fe Boy has the American in .308 and I am very impressed with it. I have a collection of Rem 700's and was heavily biased but for $338.00 plus tax, I am really happy with his gun. It is a different animal than the Gun Site.
  4. newcastleadam

newcastleadam Artful Tagger

Oddometer:
    Now time to find a Hakim :-)
  5. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:
    I don't know $750 for a 22LR Revolver......whew..damn that seems high to me. Yeah I know it's got the case, 4 barrels, etc... but crap it's not a Python. Those are freaking full blown retail prices on the gun. The Smith is probably close to worth what he's asking. Not sure about the Buck Mark. Are those prices from an individual or a gun store?
  6. Medicine Creek

Medicine Creek 127.0.0.1 Supporter

Oddometer:
    private sale. belong to a friend of a friend kinda thing.

i'm going to shoot the dan and the smith both this weekend. if they go bang like they're supposed to i'll offer him 1100 for the pair.

i don't want the amt lightening. the buckmark and mark II type pistols never did it for me anyway and the safety on it is broken.

i missed another dan wesson set he had. 357 in case with barrels, buckle and all the rest.
  7. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    The problem is that 15-2VH's just don't pop up on the market very often, especially with all the barrels.
  8. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:
    well DW's in general don't show up very often. I like them but just don't think I'd like it that much. Take it to a gun shop and they'd tell DW ain't worth all that much, not much of a market for them..yada yada yada...I'll give you 250 for it........:lol3

For $750 you could get a Colt 1911, which have always gone for more money.... Maybe it's been to long since I've priced guns....
  9. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    I still think that the S&W M-25-2 is a deal. Only thing that would make it better would be if it's in a presentation box as so many from that time were. I really like the old target revolvers.
  10. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    Unless you have huge meathooks for hands, the S&W "target" grips are way too big. I like the Pachmayrs as nice practical user grips. I just picked up a used set for $5.
  11. Medicine Creek

Oddometer:
    yea, i like the pachmayrs, they just aren't original equipment. i guess i don't know if that plays into the value of a gun like this or not.
  12. josjor

josjor Long timer

Oddometer:
    The largest geological formation in the U.S.A.
    Haven't shopped much for revolvers lately, eh? Even a Taurus Tracker in .22 has an MSRP of $472.00. It's no where even close to approaching the quality, fit, and finish of the Dan Wesson.
  13. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You know, that may not be far from the truth.....I just can't bring myself to pay the going rates for things like the Johnson let alone something like a G41....and in my book an SVT40 is darn close enough to a SVT38 to say...close enough.....so this is pretty much the end of the WWII collection....kinda sad.....sure there are other odds and ends, take down Japanese arasaka and such in my price range, but nothing real main stream.
  14. EastSideSM

EastSideSM Isn't that dangerous?

Oddometer:
    Well,

I went ahead and ordered one. For the money it is worth trying it out. Read some good things about the armscor pistols and I always wanted a 1911 just didn't want to spend $1000 on one now. I should know in a couple of weeks if I was right. Stay tuned. :clap
  15. Motor31

Motor31 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm getting into this discussion a bit late, sorry. I got curious and looked up both revolvers, the DW pac and the S&W in my blue book, 33rd or current edition. This is what the dealers are going to be looking at if you go to sell it to them or want it appraised. Local conditions can make the selling price either higher or lower depending on demand.

The pistol pac lists in the book at 100% condition at $520, add $227 for the full length vented heavy shrouds which you have pictured. It is listed as a model 22 BTW.

The S&W lists at 100% condition at $700 assuming it is .45 ACP, now if it is the 45 LC version it goes up to $4200.

I know that gunbroker has higher values for asking prices, asking isn't necessarily selling price. Lots of guns go on the board and never get a bid because the owner thinks they are worth more than market. Given the stupidity (panic) currently going on most guns of the "black" persuasion are going for, shall we say, a tad bit higher than November.

16. Medicine Creek

Oddometer:
    so i'm pretty close with what i plan to offer.

not that selling or trading either one of them ever really crossed my mind...:lol3
  17. oktaneho

oktaneho SUPPLIES!!!

Oddometer:
    Can I ask for some opinions on some revolver values as well? A friend of a friend has a few for sale, and I have been thinking of buying one lately. Mostly I just want one to carry deer hunting, but also to do a little target shooting. He has:

- A new in the box Ruger Vaquero 45, single action, blued with a case hardened finish, 5.5" barrel, wood grips. Just like on their website except the grips:
    http://www.ruger.com/products/vaqueroBlued/models.html
    He wants $500 for it.

-The other one is a used Taurus model 689 .367 Magnum, double action, all black with Hogue rubber grips, 5.5" barrel. A couple little scratches and some holster wear on the muzzle, but no major wear or damage that I could see. Just like this one (except the grips) that sold on gunbroker for $336 today.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323965186#PIC
    He wants $400 for it.

I haven't shot either, but I really liked the feel of the Taurus in my hand. It just seemed to fit me well ergonomically. I didn't like the feel of the Ruger as much but I realize that could be changed with some parts.

I have asked 2 of my other friends (who are gun collectors) as well as some workers at Gander Mtn, Dick's, and some local gun shops for their opinion on the value of these guns. I received opinions of between $400 to 500 on the Ruger and $200 to $350 on the Taurus.

I offered him $800 for both but he's not taking it. Am I out of line? Are they worth what he's asking?
  18. Medicine Creek

Oddometer:
    you can ask, but in my experience no one really has a fuckin' clue. :lol3
  19. oktaneho

oktaneho SUPPLIES!!!

Oddometer:
    Yea it's amazing on how different of answers you get from different people. I guess they are like motorcycles and cars, where some of the value is swayed by opinion, so there is no definitive answer. I wish I knew more about guns.

I offered the guy 800 for the pair and he countered at 925 including 250 rounds of 357 ammo (the ammo wasn't part of the deal initially). I still believe he is to high on them and he needs a decision today. I'm leaning towards passing on them.
  20. acesandeights

acesandeights Noob

Oddometer:
    I don't know what ammo it is, or what it costs near you, but that might make it pretty fair, or at least get you close. Ammo around here is getting scarce and expensive.