Rick's Rendezvous 2013, May 15-19, Hampton, TN

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Cuttle, Aug 25, 2012.

1. XCRider803

XCRider803 Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer:
    When you riding up? EvanADV and I are meeting for a Thursday ride up together, haven't worked up the details yet.
  2. Icecold Dan

Icecold Dan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The thought of shaving my back never crossed my mind until I looked at that picture thread again. Especially to hang out with a group of guys...:huh
  3. Boojum

Boojum I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer:
    I need a count on how many "nOObs" we will have in attendence this year......:D :augie :brow You will all be receiving a Special ADV Award at The RDV :evil :pot :freaky

Boojum
  4. Fe Man

Fe Man I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer:
    I was planning to bring mine; do I need to bring my two?
  5. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    Safe parking near'ish?
    I know parking is "limited" for vehicles at the place, is there anywhere safe nearby I could stick a jeep and trailer? Or less safe, and I'll bring my old truck?

Starting to realize no one else appears to be trailering to this? Well, I'm not riding a 450 from Raleigh. :rofl With the jeep, It can fit anywhere, up a bank, rock wall, etc. :D

And since no one wants to share a trailer, if anyone heading from raleigh area, wants to keep their bike lighter, and throw junk with me, let me know.
  6. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    I guess you could park it at ETSU and ride down. Maybe 20-30 minutes away? Depends on how anal campus security has gotten in the two years since I've been there. There's a Wal-Mart about 15 minutes away. If you want to be really close load it up in the truck and you can park just down the road at the Appalachian Trail pull off. There's generally room for single vehicles but not for trailers, and even then there's only enough room for about 10 vehicles, otherwise you have to park further up the road.
  7. Cuttle

Cuttle fuck the calm down

Oddometer:

There is a parking lot at the AT nearby, but I have no idea about how secure it is. We do have some parking on a little medow next to the resort (it does not belong to Black Bear, thats why it's strictly parking only - no camping/sleeping), but I just don't know how many people are bringing their truck and if we have enough space or not. I do want to keep the lot at the entrance free of "permanent" parking - it should only be used for the folks arriving to unload, and for the bikes to gather for rides.

I really hope that the folks in trucks will carpool...
  8. tonusmaximus

tonusmaximus maximus Supporter

Oddometer:
    Last year I saw a big bike pulling a dirtbike on a trailer. I dont want to be on the GSA all week and havent figured how to get my xr400 down to the rally without trailering. Coming from Cincy if anyone wants to ride share.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
  9. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    I have friends in Boone that would allow parking for a few vehicles if that's close enough for anyone.
  10. Cuttle

Oddometer:
    That would be KyleB.. and the most important load on this rig is a 100 cup coffee urn :D
  11. Mark_O

Mark_O Drain Bamaged

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  12. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    Thats still 36 different kinds of awesome...
  13. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    I have ZERO "luggage" on the dirt bike.
    Anyone going from anywhere along the Raleigh to there route. I could either pick up, or park at your house and throw bike on your trailer?
    Either that, or I'm going to try and go Wed night, and get there before the parking fills up :D

I just don't want to park somewhere, get back find my cat converter and other bits taken from my jeep etc.
    Call me paranoid.
  14. GlennR

GlennR Chasin' my tail

Oddometer:
    I only live 30 +/- minutes from Hampton, but I'm hauling camping stuff that my WR450 isn't set up for, so I'll be driving it over. I'm sure we can find some overflow parking nearby. There are a number of public areas on that side of Watauga Lake, and I'd assume most attendees will be arriving on bikes (guessing 75%+ will bike in ??)

Should we take a head count?
  15. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    I could drop my junk off, then drive over to somewhere within 30 minutes, if someone will give me a ride back? or I guess i could take the dirt bike over and ride it from your place over? I just don't want to have to buy a cat after this trip. :)
    (still bitter since someone stole them off a friends tow rig at Uwharrie last year)
  16. HappyCRNA

HappyCRNA Athletic Supporter

Oddometer:
    <-------------- planning to toss the bike in the back of the pickup truck. no trailer in the plans at this point (but subject to change if a friend comes along.)
  17. Cuttle

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Good Luck. I can't even get people to tell me if they arrive on Wednesday or Thursday.... :norton

(that's a hint btw :deal)

sure, I can give out parking tickets in advanced to the first 25 that tell me they bring a truck... not sure how much more will fit. Problem is, the next 25 that don't think that there is a car parking problem.
  18. VStromNC

VStromNC DNS/DNF

Oddometer:
    I am hauling my KLX450 on my truck. I am staying at the Hillside Cabin and will be arriving Thursday pm. Any space to park?

Jon
  19. Cuttle

Oddometer:

Thank you!

Parking list:

1. VStromNC
    2. hscrugby - with trailer
    3. HappyCRNA
    4. Candy Kiehna
    5. Karen Keihna
    6. Debbie Keihna
    7. AlTuna - with trailer
    8. Glenn R
  20. Al Tuna

Al Tuna Off The Hook

Oddometer:
    JJ and I are going to have to cage it this time. Van and small trailer.:baldy

Wednesday arrival.