2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Scoobynut

Scoobynut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nah, don't delete it. If someone disputes our point, they'll have to take us both on! :huh
  2. Scoobynut

Oddometer:
    I'm assuming this applies to the Euro model, but not necessarily the USA model? I guess we'll find out soon when the regular production ones start hitting our shores, or when some full road tests start appearing in our domestic mags/websites.
  3. ARDirt

ARDirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was hoping to start seeing some full blown ride test in the March issues of the mags but so far haven't seen anything. If someone see's something please post. This bike is also calling me!!!!
  4. Gregster

Gregster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. Guth

Guth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe that the USA model is getting the taller seat as well. Tall that is when compared to seat that was originally released in Japan.
  6. Guth

Guth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The March issue of Bike magazine (out of the UK) gave the CB1100 a very favorable review.
  7. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
  8. RaY YreKa

RaY YreKa AA Zoom Baby

Oddometer:
    BIKE magazine (Mike Armitage) say this bike out Bonnie's the Bonnie, in terms of retro feel and fun, and fit/finish.
  9. dpg

dpg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I noticed that too. I just got a call from my local Honda dealer that said they are now willing to waive the $190 doc. fee after I had offered to put money down for MSRP only, last Saturday. I politely told them that I had done some research and for a half a days drive I could save over $1000. If my local dealer was being honest when they said they were only getting one ABS then I'm sure they won't have any issues selling that locally for atleast MSRP anyway.
  10. M3-SRT8

M3-SRT8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The time to order this bike, without having to pay a premium, is rapidly closing, if it hasn't closed already. Sooner or later the dealers will wake up to the fact that there won't be enough to go around, at least in the Spring.
  11. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    Naw.

Early-orders generally pay more. If they're popular then Honda will ramp-up the production and send more over... they may be 2014's, but they'll make more.

Somebody please find me a larger fuel tank option though. jesus...
  12. wannaklr

wannaklr Long timer

Oddometer:

Mambo Dave, here you go. :lol3

18 Liters http://japan.webike.net/products/20316188.html
  13. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    yep, and if the bike is in deman, expect to see a bump in the price. NC700X went up $500 for the standard model.
  14. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

Yer a good guy.
    You're being reasonable, and letting them make some money on a new model. At those discounted numbers unless the dealer is tacking on extra fees I doubt they're making more than 2 or 300$, which is sad and dumb.
  15. dpg

dpg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So am I supposed to pay $1000+ more in the open market just to be a nice guy? Seems to me like MSRP is fair, which is what I offered at my local dealer. Can the southern dealerships really be selling at $1000 less than MSRP and taking a huge loss? Even though I detect sarcasm in your post, RedRocket, I am really trying to understand how one dealer would sell at such a huge loss and why wanting to originally buy at MSRP is so wrong?
  16. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:

your MSRP offer was more than fair. They should have accepted it. Their loss. I tried real hard to buy a bike locally last September, but they were insisting on a bunch of fees. I really don't care what buckets they want to put the money in, it's the out the door price that matters to me. We were about $800 apart, and they were adding almost $900 in fees. I took my money and went elsewhere.
  17. Scoobynut

Oddometer:
    I'm with Breeze on this one. Their loss -- exactly. My local dealer has given me pretty good deals in the past, but I believe part of the reason was that before I ever bought a bike from them I was spending many hundreds or close to a thousand $ a year on parts, accessories and service. They can 'pad' their profit on the bikes they sell like that, which I don't mind at all. I want to get a good deal on a bike, sure, but there are other ways for them to stay profitable too.
  18. dirtdreamer50

dirtdreamer50 long time rider

Oddometer:
    In most cases, purchases of cars and motorcycles have been emotional in nature, and dealers knew an emotionally attached customer when they say one, and knew that like a drug addict, the buyer would pay what ever the price to get their FIX. That's where the $1000 set up fees, $100 documentation fees, $700 delivery fees came from.

With today's economy and insecurity towards the future, those emotions are being set aside for a touch of reality buy most buyers. Dealers need to become truly aware of that and deal with customers more reasonably when it comes to doc fees, set up fees, etc, or they won't be selling many units. Like mentioned, most of us are looking only at OTD total when considering a purchase, now.

Honda realized the economy situation and has provided simple, basic, high mileage machines in the NC, CTX and CB500 lines to their dealers. Now the dealers have to realize their part and try not doubling their profits in excessive fees added to the motorcycle's selling price. Guess we will see when all these bikes make it to the showroom floors.... tomp dd50
  19. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    I'm not being sarcastic, I think MSRP for this bike is a fair price for you and the store.
    I sell cars and I hate when other dealers are just whores, and give fresh new models away when they really don't have to.
    If I were in the market for one I'd pay sticker like you offered, but not any more, just like you refused.
    How does one dealer offer it for $1000 less? I'd guess they will charge PDI or setup fees, or a couple of points in the interest rate. That, and they're cheap-selling the bike when it seems unnecessary to me.
  20. M3-SRT8

M3-SRT8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When you speak of 'dealers', you can't speak of them collectively. I may have been hasty in asserting that the 'window' is closing in it's entirety, but dealers have differring requirements, overheads, profit outlooks, expectations, etc.

I ordered a cb1100, with ABS, for $10,300 Out The Door. I figured that is a sharp enough price for an early adapter, and I didn't want to wait for the next wave of product and their (possible) discounts. I represent the first cb1100 customer for this dealer.

I had to locate a dealer within a 100 mile radius to secure this price.