iPad & iPhone Users - New FREE Digital Publication-Outland Moto

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OUTLAND MOTO, Feb 2, 2013.

1. OUTLAND MOTO

OUTLAND MOTO And then suddenly....

Oddometer:
    Many of you have put together wonderful reports on this site. If you are interested in submitting an article from a past ride for publication, you can contact us anytime (outlandmoto@gmail.com). We have some room in our March 31st issue. Outland Moto is a quarterly publication. Release dates are:

• March 31st
    • June 30th
    • September 30th
    • December 31st

Articles will need to be submitted 25-30 days before their respective release dates. We would love to include work from you all in our magazine.

If you are interested in have a photo published in the "Photos from the Outland" section of our magazine, you can send it to the same email address (outlandmoto@gmail.com). Photos should be submitted 15 days prior to their respective release date. Again, there are many talented people here, and we would love to feature your work!! We hope to hear from you soon!!!

Jim
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Thanks for letting us know and providing us with a free subscription :thumb
  3. groop

groop So much to ponder

Oddometer:
    Now that I have read the first part, I have to say I'm impressed. I like what I see so far. Go luck on your magazine
  4. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Thanks groop!! :D That was just an introductory issue that we developed in order to give everyone a sense of our editorial focus and the types of media we will be using. Issue 1 will be out on March 31st. It will have more articles, product reviews, and more imagery. Some of the user comments here will be implemented to improve usability. We authentically hope you all enjoy it. And we hope to be able to do this for you all for a long time.
  5. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    You are all TRULY welcome!! And thanks for downloading it!!! Everybody tell your friends. The more downloads we get, the better positioned we will be to give you all better and better content for a long time. Thanks, again, GB, and to the rest of the people here!!!
  6. Hockley Boy

Hockley Boy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the mag, Have just downloaded it and am looking forward to reading it.
  7. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Great news, Hockley Boy!! Thanks for doing so!! :clap
  8. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    We are heading to the Dealer Expo in Indianapolis this weekend! If any of you are going to be out there, let us know here! We would love to meet up with ya!!
  9. nastyroxinc

nastyroxinc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All working now... Finally took the plunge and upgraded to latest iOS.... I've gained a magazine but lost google maps and YouTube!
  10. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Well, I'm glad it (sort of) worked out. I did notice that google maps is not yet available for the iPad. It should be soon. Also, you can download the YouTube app from the App Store. It's just not packaged with the iOS anymore. Thanks for getting the mag!!!!! :clap
  11. Serp

Serp Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great pictures and write-ups. I am subscribed and will "like" on FB.
  12. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Thanks Serp!! We have a great issue coming on March 31st. So stay tuned. And, for everyone else out there, on March 31st, the magazine will be available for both iPad AND iPhone. Kindle users, we hope to have that version by June 30th. And all previous issues will be retrofitted to be compatible as well.
  13. jnclem

jnclem True Airhead

Oddometer:
    Too bad. I have tried and tried to get this to download with no success. On the first try I got maybe 1/3 of the file in, then it just hung there all night. After that I just get stuck for hours on the connecting phase.

I have tried it on two good solid DSL connections that I use all the time. I have downloaded many large files and magazines on both of them with no problems. I even deleted the app completely and started over, no luck. Looks like a great publication. I hope I can get it some day. By the way, this is an original iPad running OS 5.1 since that is the newest OS the first gen iPad can run.
  14. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Jnclem. Unfortunately, the first generations iPads are limited in their ability to view content like this. This introductory issue has video and animation in it that the first iPads don't really like. We were aware of this in our development. It is not the OS, but the processor. In the next issue we are working to keep the functionality, but streamline it so the older iPads can view it successfully. So please stay tuned for the March 31st issue. You may have more luck then. Sorry about this. We knew the first gens might have a problem. But know that we are on the case.
  15. jnclem

jnclem True Airhead

Oddometer:
    Thanks, at least I can stop trying then. I'll check it out next month. Just another reason I need a new iPad! Or more motorcycle gear. You see my dilemma.
  16. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Ha! I do know your dilemma all too well. I fight that with EVERY thing. Get a new car? Nah. Don't feel like spending the money. A new bike? Sure, I can afford that! :huh
  17. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Hey all!!

Just want to give you all a preview of our upcoming March 31st issue of Outland Moto Magazine.

Features:
    - A Visit to Wounded Knee, South Dakota
    - Plodding Along The White Rim, Utah
    - A Talk with Ted Simon
    - CJ Designs' AWD KTM 950ADV

Plus, new products and recap of the 2013 Dealer Expo.

We will also have our "Photos from the Outland" section. And we are still taking submissions for that, since that section will be in every issue. So, if you would like to have a photo published in our magazine, send the photo to outlandmoto@gmail.com. If we use it, you will get a nice Outland Moto T-shirt to sport around. :-)

Technical Update:
    On March 31st, our magazine will be available for both iPad AND iPhone. For readability, the iPhone version will look and function differently than the iPad version, but it will have all the great content.

Stay tuned!!
  18. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Our spring 2013 issue of Outland Moto Magazine is now available for download in Apple's App Store. And, we now have two distinct apps. We have a version for the iPad, and a version for the iPhone!!

Though different in how the information is presented, both have the same content and imagery. The apps are designed for the best viewing on their respective devices. And, as usual, they are completely free!!

In this issue:
    The White Rim Trail, Utah
    South Dakota
    A Conversation with Ted Simon
    The AWD KTM 950 Adventure by CJ Designs
    Photos From the Outland
    And more....

Enjoy!!! :clap
  19. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:
    and nicely done, it is, too . . . . .thanks!
  20. OUTLAND MOTO

Oddometer:
    Thanks bomber60015!! And you are welcome. Enjoy!!!