Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. cannonrider

cannonrider Backroad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Meeting at gas station next to Mcdonald's I-70 exit 208(Morristown) 11am
  2. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am going on a poker run tomorrow. Sigh. I have a buddy that I havent got to see in a while that will be riding an SV650 so I wont feel like a total tool, but I am not looking forward to all of the other pirates. I didnt like the "lifestyle" even when I had a harley and wouldnt ride poker runs. I hope to get some funny pics for you guys though. I am thinking of running to Walmart and look for a pirate costume with eye patch and see if anyone catches on.

:deal
  3. MeanStreaker

MeanStreaker KLR > Pee-wee's Bike

Oddometer:
    Be careful...

They won't catch on and you'll be a Road Captain by 10AM.
  4. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl

They would shit when I took them down through a field and into the woods.
  5. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    But how will you get the parrot to stay on your shoulder? :D
  6. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh hell yeah! How late is hobby lobby open? Shit. :lol3
  7. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    They don't go fast enough for the wind to knock it off, I don't think.

I got stuck behind a rolling gay-pride parade hopping from bar to bar a few weekends ago....fuck it was unbearable....had to go hooligan and pass them and weave through to get around. I saw a few "you're number 1!" fingers, but fuck them for that passive-aggressive formation they like to waddle down the road in.

I think one of the stops should be the Flying J so they can re-stock in apparel and bandanas to pull down over their jutting brows.

Ugh.

(nothing against cruisers, it's the rolling stereotypes I have no patience for)
  8. MeanStreaker

MeanStreaker KLR > Pee-wee's Bike

Oddometer:
    Bought me a brand new '05 Kawasaki Mean Streak (hence the name) after I finished grad school and got me a real jobby job. It was a great bike. Loads of torque and I admit I enjoyed getting off the line. It's the first bike my wife ever took an overnighter on. We had a lot of fun on it with short trips and somewhat longer ones to the BRP and then southern VA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's the only cruiser I've ever owned, sold it in '08, and don't think I'll be buying another anytime soon. Every now and then I get a small inkling for some type of nimble Dyna, but it passes quickly. Nothing against cruisers, just not for me anymore. That will probably change sometime in the next 40 years and I bet I'll pick up something ungodly heavy with a 4K rev limiter somewhere down the road. :D
  9. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If this is a group formation ride I will just donate my money for the charity and split. I am hoping we can split from the group fairy fast. I figure without drinking, polishing, and comparing patches we should finish the ride 3-4 hrs ahead of schedule.
    :lol3
  10. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:

just how fast is FAIRY fast?
  11. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dizzle. One letter makes such a big difference. :lol3
  12. CuberBob

CuberBob Lurker/roamer

Oddometer:
    Is it the Ohio Penitentary ride? We'll be there. Looks like a cool backdrop.
    TTFN!
  13. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    I think a lot of us either have or have owned a cruiser style ride. Mine was a V-max. I put 6,000 mi on it and got my one mandatory speeding ticket before it was traded in on the V-strom which is now 30K+.
    [​IMG]
  14. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    My cruiser...

[​IMG]
  15. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    '94 Honda Shadow Spirit for me. No pictures however. I wrecked that bike (ironic isn't it?), before I owned my first digital camera.
  16. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:

Say it ain 't so.
  17. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I peeled off after the first stop. There was 4 of us that took a different route and it was ok. First stop was back in marion so i came home. Too hot to ride pavement at 55.
  18. mchester

mchester Honda Cult Member

Oddometer:
    That's a good one. We used to play the same game with my grandparents. We'd leave their house and make a collect call to them when we got home. Our name was "We made it". The things we did to save a quarter back when a quarter could actually buy you something. :lol3
  19. mchester

Oddometer:
    I kept waiting for Honda to send me to our Alabama site so I could make it over to see the new museum. I've heard all good things about it both for cars and bikes. Hopefully, I can get back to work soon and still get down there for free, but if not, I'll have to plan to make it down on my own sometime.
  20. mchester

Oddometer:

If I get to go, it'll most likely be in a cage. I think I can deal with walking all over there for the day but unfortunately not if I ad in the ride there and back on 2 wheels. Next year it'll be by bike for sure.