wire connectors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Kevin K, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Kevin K

Kevin K Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I want to make a few sano wire connections for signals and tail lights. On the rear I want to run a versa light in addition to to signals and a tail light,so ill have to split off of the feeding wires. Where do I get water proof connectors ? I don't want to use home depot bullet connectors . I am so impressed by the builds I see on here. I know I'm in the right company to askThanks
  2. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
  3. MaestroPNW

MaestroPNW Me! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I used this to make a disconnectable harness for the taillights in the top box http://www.wiringproducts.com/contents/en-us/p672.html
    Ground, Tail, Brake, Left and Right turn signals, with one lead left spare.

I also have aux lights on my side boxes, and they are connecting using 4-flat connectors (ground, tail, brake and 1 corresponding turn signal)

If you are talking about how to tap into the factory wires, I'd see if factory connectors could be obtained to make a plug-in harness to avoid splicing at all. E.g. for V-Strom, http://www.easternbeaver.com/ sells tail lights harness adaptor.
  4. Kevin K

Kevin K Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you guys . I knew I came to the right people
  5. Twilight Error

Twilight Error Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer:
    I've been having success with the solder splice connectors that are available at Home Depot. They have a ring of low temperature solder and adhesive within a heat shrink tube. All you need is a heat gun capable of >600f temperatures.
  6. Sharkguy

Sharkguy chain lube applier

Oddometer:
    Ditto what Twilight said. I occasionally wire up 12 volt submersible pumps to transport aquarium fish, sharks, and stingrays.These pumps have to be reliable and sometimes run for days, depending on circumstances of transport. Those are the type of connectors I use. I get them from McMaster-Carr. I also use the heat shrink tubing from them that has a sealant liner. Using both would be a bit of overkill on a bike but there are applications for both.
  7. Laconic

Laconic Old Normal

Oddometer:
    +1 on the Positap connectors JVB mentioned.