World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    The timer went out just as you capped to 100, but you didn't get the "!" at the end of the 100 fast enough. I've seen it in about 5 or 10 games in about 10k battles.
  2. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    whats up with 3x?
  3. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

something about getting people to vote for the game or something. it's on the webpage
  4. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    I could have sworn there was plenty of time left. Even if rare, it's horseshit.
  5. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    cap faster:evil

I had 2 draws last night. Kinda pissed I didn't get defender with the Priest though.
  6. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    just had a tk'iller brawl
    something about policing the game aginst 1 tiers in groups

iwaited till the lowe turned bluw and shot him
    it was -4 real quick
    fun game
  7. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:

I notice the Grille needs to be on level ground or it always misses.
  8. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I can't believe I'm the only one playing hooky from work and grinding levels this morning.

I've had the teamspeak server to myself all morning.

That's ok...

I never needed anyone
    making love was just for fun
    those days are gone...

aaaalllllllllllllllll by myself....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a4WQfkRhb30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. Toysrme

Toysrme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ive played a few rounds today. that BDR is a sniping beast! i can't see why people dislike it. you get in tier 5 battles with it a lot and you can spank everything except the short range KV derp. you can avoid short range kv derps. when it's in tier 7 match making it pens everything but the T29 and jgpanther.
    tall tank, so you can use a lot more cover with just the turret sticking out (and giant cupola)

only three downsides are that it depresses the gun more when pointing front/back than when shooting over the side. the reload is bad (but worth it! buy that rammer and max crew lol!). and getting tracked suuuuuucks! so dont jump in/out of corner cover where you can get tracked & not have your gun pointing out.

otherwise i think its great. ive got camo+binocs (pulled from another tank) + rammer. if i keep it longer ill ditch the binoculars and camo for vents & whatever else.
  10. Roam

Roam If you want to

Oddometer:
    My 2 cents,

I love my Easy 8. Love it like bacon.

The 2nd highest rated gun on the su-100 is quite good. Same pen as the top gun and much faster loading.
  11. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    The M103 has been an easy tank to like. Unlike so many other high-tier tanks, this one's middle gun is just fine for it (snipes well), so working up to the even better top 120 mm gun isn't bad. With the 120mm I think it's one of the greatest tanks in its tier.

I will miss it when I sell it for the T110E5, I'm sure. Though I probably equally like the IS-8, too.

--

OK, OK, I'm holding back more with the BDR. Still finding that I'm not being as effective as a top-tier tank needs to be in those battles, but I'm staying alive and shooting or sniping at the few enemies stupid enough to wait long enough for me to catch up to them.
  12. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    I wanted to try a low level td and keep it low level. yet I find myself climbing the ranks again :baldy

best gun on the t40? only played a couple rounds wit it. seems ok. non rotating turret is hard to get used to
  13. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Got my M4 and pimped it... unlocked everything and then realized you need to unlock the tanks it leads to to make it Elite status.. ie.. it would cost me 61,000 more research for my M4 to become Elite.

For a teir 5?

THAT's not going to happen :patch
  14. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    Elite by itself doesn't do anything for your scoring, it just allows xp you earn with it to be flipped with gold for other investments. That's all.
  15. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Or advance your crew a little quicker.....
  16. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am doing the same thing, I am having such a ball with the (t18?)...first american TD. God that thing is fun....I can put a whoopin on anything I have come up against. And on the maps like Provance where it is just a sniper dual this thing does just fine. I can already move on but I don't want to....too much fun.
  17. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    If you're up and coming, and don't completely know your play style, you might as well research both tanks from the M4 while you have it instead of buying back the M4 later to research what you didn't now. Some guys like the Easy 8 - I didn't find I could do much with it for what I expected out of a tank then, whereas the E2 that I never tried until weeks ago turns out to be the better tank for what I want it to do.

There are multiple ways of looking at it, one of which is just grinding Silver the whole time to afford whichever tank you want next - me, these days, I look at grinding as grinding Free XP - which is far more important to me as I will not run a stock tank ever again... and at tiers 6 through 9 that is really important (unless one likes being a weak spot on the team). Even if that only means that I have the tracks and turret pre-grinded, but still have to work up the gun - at least I'm less than fully effective for fewer battles while I grind that last gun.

Another way to look at it is just having fun. If you liked the M4 so much, what's so wrong with accumulating XP over the course of a few months? (I'm not exaggerating when I would guess I've owned and grinded one or two of my twenty tanks over the course of perhaps just under a year... the S-51 Arty comes to mind as being one of those I've had forever and still need about 10k XP to finish grinding ... and once you own too many tanks, grinding all of them each night is just not enjoyable nor effective)

Even another way to look at it is that, if you like it, the M4 is a 'keeper,' anyway, since it sees more special events (bonus XP or credits) than tanks of higher tiers. It's worth keeping around to partake in those events. Of course a lot of what I wrote are mute points if you have a tier 8 premium tank and are good with it.
  18. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Other than getting rid of the horrid M12 and working my way up the rest of the US med line I think I'm set. I don't really have ambition to go higher in the German line. The Tiger P is ok, just not my play style. I think I'm more of an ambush type than drive forth and slug it out. That one is for the little guy, he likes to play that, and usually does better than me.:lol3 He really wants a Maus.

I like the Easy 8 still and have fun playing it. I can snipe with the rapid fire cannon or zip around and shoot too.

I like the Patton, but I always die. Too aggressive I think. I still need the top engine too. Last night in Cliff a Maus and an E100 came along the cliff face and laid waste to the 4 tanks trying to hold them. I was one of em and when I saw those 2 and then the Tiger TD (I forget what it's called), I turned and headed for the high ground, got behind them and started pumping rounds into all 3. Almost killed the E100 and TD, but a sneaky M103 got me. I olny lost 224 credits on that battle:huh

The Priest was on again last night. Lots of damage, but very few kills. Even got Confederate once.
  19. Switchblade315

Switchblade315 I make people disappear

Oddometer:
    I'm only 20k away from the E-75. i'm going to keep grinding away. the Tiger2 has got better since 8.0. took 15 hits lastnight to kill it. the armor is actually working now. And it's hitting better as well. The hummel was on big time as well. had a game or two where it didnt miss at all. odd for it.
  20. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the same problem. It usually takes me a battle or two to adjust my play style. Hide/snipe/ambush is what works best for me in it. I recently changed my 1st commander skill to 6th sense. It helps quite a bit for that type of thing.

As with most US mediums, it's speed gets me into trouble. I have a tendency to advance to quickly.