Yamaha WR250R Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Sock Monkey, Apr 7, 2008.

1. ba_

ba_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've never swapped out bars before so I'm looking for a step-by-step guide that takes me through the high level tasks. Can anyone point me in the right direction or elaborate here?
  2. jglow

jglow Two wheeled traveler

Oddometer:

Bash3r (Bill) has a ton of How-to vids on his website. Here is one for the install of his new Pro Tapers which should help you out:

http://www.basherdesigns.com/2010/01/28/new-bars-and-more/

jordan
  3. ba_

ba_ Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer:
    I got lucky.....it stayed up on top of the step......I fell to the right out of the frame in the dirt and launched the bike to the left......I was trying to go up the right side rather than using the "ladies aid" (stacked rocks).....that plan didn't work out so well :lol3

Then I figured I should capture the moment with a photo......

Yep, dragged it down for restart......back down the hill.....up the rocks :sweeti

What front turn signals are you folks using as replacements?

I also need to order the brake hose clamp for the left fork guard.......I must've only finger tightened it when I put the forks back on after changing the seals.......looked down and it was no where to be found.....zip tie to the rescue.....

Also planning on ordering a set of black WR250X plastics......I had some new CORE graphics printed up and it would be wrong to put'em on top of my scratched up plastics (that's not to say the new ones won't get scratched up shortly after application of new graphics :lol3 :1drink)
  5. Crawdaddy

Oddometer:
    The Service Honda website isn't too user friendly.....it wants the part number for the brake hose clamp......I thought they'd provide an exploded microfish to look up the part number? What sight are you guys using for OEM part # reference/look-up?
  6. Crawdaddy

Oddometer:
    Nevermind, Rocky Mtn ATV is very simple to use....
  7. scottmac

scottmac Long timer

Oddometer:

I've been using the HDB ones built right into the hanguards and like them a lot.
  8. Crawdaddy

Oddometer:
    I've exchanged a few emails with Paul since my Cycra's are beat up......hmmmmm, kill two birds with one <S>stone</S> payment?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  9. Crawdaddy

Oddometer:
    Ok, next question - Best/preferred source for plastic's kits?
  10. Gfacter

Gfacter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great pics,
  11. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    Hey Chris.. nice get off!!

Paul's stuff at HDB is top-notch! He'll customize to fit your needs.. so dream a little and hit him up with a plan! Worked for me.. :deal
  12. ba_

ba_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Service Honda has both a reverse part look-up (which you are referring to) as well as an exploded microfiche that lets you look at an exploded view and identify parts
  13. HardWorkingDog

HardWorkingDog Super Ordinary

Oddometer:
    Yeah, their start page isn't very user friendly. You've got to click on the "motorcycle" link in the middle of the OEM parts page. Here's the quick link to your bike
    http://www.servicehondapsn.com/fich...=Motorcycles&make=Yamaha&year=2008&fveh=18085

Although, maybe it's time for new glasses if you're having trouble with your "sight."

:hide
  14. pfy50

pfy50 Professional nOOb

Oddometer:
    Hey mpatch,

I am interested in a TCI products Borega rack like yours. Did you have any mounting problems? Is it functioning the way you wanted? I have Wolfman racks on so I'm not sure if there is any interference. If anyone has that setup can you chime in with any known problems in mounting both.
    Paul
  15. Longboardr

Longboardr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love my HDB setup... but I didn't install the guard/turn signal setup because I didn't see any way of making it light up as a running light, only as a signal.

I've seen too many motorcycle headlights line up with a car's headlight behind them, without running lights you can't make out the bike and could understandably turn in front of them.
  16. Wingnut037

Wingnut037 Humbly Legit

Oddometer:
    http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=70

I keep forgetting to order a pair for my Zeta handguard lights. They have a video on youtube as well that shows the function. Should work just as well with the HDB ones.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SzYccMBImk0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
  17. jckid

jckid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just back from Death Valley...

[​IMG]
  18. mpatch

mpatch Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought about getting racks, not sure if Wolfman racks would work with the tail rack. The rack is a love/hate kinda thing, it is in the way sometimes (two up doesnt really work because the rack takes up some seat room) it also makes on/off a bit harder, on the plus side it mounts easy, is very sturdy and is large enough to actually use unlike most of the other racks out there..
  19. expatbrit

expatbrit Still pretty much a n00b.

Oddometer:
    Everything I've found (what little there is) is 'replace the head unit'. I'm replacing the battery 'just in case' this weekend (and with a Lithium one, in the hope that it will ALWAYS either deliver solid voltage or no voltage, like every other lithium I've ever used in other devices). If not, it'll be new head unit time.

*sigh*

I don't tend to keep the WR on a tender; it'd been fine and doesn't actually even have a pig-tail installed. Be changing /that/, I can tell you.

Still a great bike. Just no longer as cheap as it was.
  20. Longboardr

Longboardr Been here awhile

Oddometer: