Got a nice knife? Let's see it.

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Sniper X, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    Lucky son. That's a beautiful knife.
  2. Sniper X

Sniper X De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
    Well, there are many tactical reasons and times when an Auto is necessary. Agreed, but Dude there, he was asking about an auto when he is a civillian and I was letting him know there was no real benifit for one for his needs.....if his needs were a fast opener. On the other hand, a quality assisted opener is as fast as a auto and legal in most states where a auto is not.
  3. Sniper X

Sniper X De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
    I think the statement "I like the Sharp Finger Design" goes without saying....
  4. petefromberkeley

petefromberkeley -

Oddometer:
    I've been to that town! I forget the name too (it was '94) but I got two knives there. I moved and the gnomes that misplace all you stuff when you move got them, but I'm sure they will turn up someday.
  5. Barnstormer

Barnstormer Logistique

Oddometer:
    Got this nice little item today, damascus blade/ walnut burl scales

[​IMG]
  6. ornithoid

ornithoid Banned

Oddometer:
    I got this little family of Spydercos last year some time--not to use, but to collect. (Something I don't typically do.)

[​IMG]

Ya got your Endura, your Delica, your Dragonfly, and your Ladybug.
    I'm not all that crazy about white handles, it's not my thing, but I thought these were such a novelty that I had to have 'em.

[​IMG]

Here is a Cold Steel Torpedo (which I've had for a while but never actually taken out for throwing :bluduh); a Glock 27 (.40 S&W); and a Benchmade Mini Griptilian--one of my all-time favorite pocketknives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Titanium "ice-pick" made by a member on EDCforums. Actually, I use it as a marlinspike when doing knotwork.

As for knives I carry on a typical daily basis, mostly those are Benchmades and Spydercos. I favor the Endura Wave, the Mini Griptilian, the Delica, the Vesuvius, the Para Military, the Military, the CoPilot. I have and sometimes carry those, but I don't have pictures of them to post right now. But I do have a picture of my current neck knife, a Benchmade TK-1 (Tether Knife). When the plastic coating on the handle wore off, it rattled in its native sheath, so I made a new one out of Kydex. Fits nice and tight, now.

[​IMG]
  7. tslewisz

tslewisz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Details, please.
  8. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    crappy pic and I know I need to clean it proper
    [​IMG]
    Other side of the blade
    [​IMG]

French handmade, picked up a couple when I was over quite a few years ago, neat old auto hammer he used to make them in the basement of his restaurant, he offer to let me use the hammer, I was dumb and didn't.
  9. RedRocker

RedRocker Native Texican Supporter

Oddometer:
  10. Manuel Garcia O'Kely

Manuel Garcia O'Kely Back at last

Oddometer:
    Wow, that's a fine looking Randall. I'm sure you know that apart from the personal history, it's intrisiclly valuable. If you choose to part with it, don't let it go cheap, OK.

I'm guessing that's a 5-figure knife.
  11. KenR

KenR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not particularly unique but a helluva good tool:

[​IMG]
  12. Range Motorsport

Range Motorsport Junk collector

Oddometer:
    Here's my only collectors knife
    [​IMG]

There's a long story to how I got this and a lot of history to it.
  13. Doc.Snyder

Doc.Snyder Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    :ear
  15. Range Motorsport

Range Motorsport Junk collector

Oddometer:
    Well you asked..

This knife was acquired during WWII by my grandfathers friend who was fighting in Europe. My grandfather was a marine fighting in the Pacific. When they got back from the war my grandfather recieved this from his friend "Buck". Buck apparently pulled it from a dead german paratrooper as it is a paratroopers knife. Whether or not he killed said trooper is unknown. The knife has carved into it "To Pete from Buck". Pete is my grandfather. Now my grandfather is sort of a hero himself after being shot twice, mainly in the battle for Saipan, he returned to the US and was placed as a Guard for FDR at his Warm Springs, GA home until FDR passed away. He was then the guard during FDR's funeral procession and can be seen in this picture
    [​IMG]
    He's the one just behind the rear axle between the two motorcycles in the foreground.

A couple years ago my grandmother died and my grandfather figured he was next so he gave me the knife before he died so I would get it without too much hassle. He also told me a brief story about how he got it. He doesn't like talking about the war much which is something most soldiers from WWII seem to share. He is still alive and I would like to talk to him about it again if I get the chance.

Here's an example of one of these knives. http://www.bwmilitaria.com/items/900390/item900390brandywine.html
  16. Jim Goose

Jim Goose Bad Ass.

Oddometer:
    Carl Shilieper Eye brand.

[​IMG]
  17. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    Wow

:devildog

You should talk to him, I bet he'd like that.
  18. Manuel Garcia O'Kely

Manuel Garcia O'Kely Back at last

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

OK, been meaning to post this. This is a special edition Bob Dozier built, Bob Loveless designed drop point hunter - This is the knife that made Loveless famous - Dozier made it in 154CM instead of his usual D2, in honor of one of his teachers, Bob Loveless.

Dozier is big on working knives, so this mirror finish is a deparure for him.

Don't ask what it cost. [too much]
  19. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    Made this yesterday...

[​IMG]

Curly maple stick, wrought iron head with 1084 edge, forge welded. Etched in ferric chloride for the dark nasty color. And before anyone jumps on the size, it's pretty damn close to a lot of early American hatchets... they're smaller than you might think.
  20. Cumminsman76

Cumminsman76 befuddled

Oddometer:
    That is really neat.