2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. kraven

kraven GoPro Anti-Hero Supporter

Oddometer:
    Same here. I'm 6' and 32" inseam at 204 lbs.
    No sweat. Sits like my old CB900F and CBX.
  2. The other Ferret

The other Ferret Motorcycle nut

Oddometer:
    I have a feeling if we had a gathering of CB 1100 owners we'd look like a group of old Keebler elfs ....... On really cool bikes
  3. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    My tops of my riding boots rub callouses on my butt
  4. Oldgoat01

Oldgoat01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Always nice to hear from a hipster checking back in after stirring up the HD crowd on the Bolt thread :D. Yeah, I think I'll be fine at 6' 32" and a buck 80. As implied in your post, I think what you are coming off/familiar with makes a big difference in how the bike feels at first blush. If you are coming from a GSA this thing would feel miniscule and extremely cramped. The size is one of the things that I liked about it. While it is not a small bike in terms of displacement and weight, it feels svelte.
  5. kraven

kraven GoPro Anti-Hero Supporter

Oddometer:
    When I moved from my CB900 to my K100, I had the realization of what a piece of crap that Honda bike was through curves. And, of course, the CBX was just a wallowing pig with the flexy chassis and so-so brakes.
    The CB1100 looks like all the good of that rough hewn and familiar engine and profile, with all the things I hated being fixed better than I would have anticipated.
    And it's a real head turner, just like the old bikes were.
    Also, I'm not that great of a hipster since I'm 40 and can't grow a bushy beard. I'm apparently a Harley poser and a Hipster poser. I'm a real "man without a country" these days. :lol3
  6. Mobiker

Mobiker Long timer

Oddometer:
    :poser
  7. blazeone

blazeone Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I don't ride fast on "racer road" 1458. You have to be exceeding 100mph on those corners to really have fun and that's something I don't do on the street. Also too much law there. FM1291 is more to my liking. But this is just a fun bike not a CBR1000rr.
  8. dirtdreamer50

dirtdreamer50 long time rider

Oddometer:
    I don't do the 100mph riding there either. Just wondering how the thinner 18's did in turns. 1291 is lots of fun, too. FM 390 is a great ride anytime of the year.
  9. Grousedog

Grousedog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I looked at the new Bonneville before I put money down on the CB1100 but the Bonnie was too small for me. My legs felt like they were at the top of the tank and it just felt like a toy. Can anyone compare the size of the CB to a Bonnie?
  10. Oldgoat01

Oldgoat01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I also sat on the Bonnie and the CB (V7 too) at the motorcycle show. To be fair I sat on the CB for less than 10 seconds before I felt I needed to let others try it. For me, the CB felt the best, V7 second and the Bonnie was the least comfortable. However, it really wasn't a case of the Bonnie feeling like a toy to me. In fact, I'm sure the V7 is smaller. The CB just seemed to have better proportions for me. Alas, the only way to know for sure is to sit on the CB.
  11. The other Ferret

Oddometer:
    Sure, I've had both. the Bonnie is way smaller, has less horsepower and poorer brakes. I sold mine to my brother, and while out riding with him yesterday we switched for about 20 miles. Sure was glad to get back on my CB.

Don't get me wrong, the Bonnie is a really nice motorcycle and mine was stone reliable for me for 20,000 miles and for my brother for another 10,000 so far. It gets a lot of attention where every where we go, from people who had one back in the day. Comparatively speaking though, it is nowhere near the motorcycle the CB is.
  12. Plungerhead

Plungerhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    The morning's heavy fog and mist gave way to a warm sunny afternoon yesterday. So after the family obligations I got back home and took a bottle of Windex and got after all the muck on the 1100.
    My girlfriend and I put another 70 miles on the CB, and was very pleased how well this bike rides two-up. The area around here is pretty flat, but there are some decent areas with series of curves that we like to frequent. The CB really shines at moderate speeds with a passenger through these areas.
    Yea, it was a good afternoon of riding. :clap

Earlier Sunday morning we took the 1100 to the local McDonalds, in the heavy fog and mist. We go to this particular McDonalds every Sunday morning, and there are always three middle-aged guys who ride there every Sunday. Even though me and the g/f had not ridden a bike there before, we always have on some kind of bike-related caps or t-shirts, and the guys always strike up motorcycle conversation.
    As we pulled into the parking lot, the only bike there was an unfamiliar Sportster, so I was thinking those guys didn't make it there this time. Well, I hadn't even got the bike on the mainstand and those 3 guys were in the parking lot drooling over the new CB! It was a pretty cool morning of conversation.
    This bike will draw a lot of attention where ever it goes, and deservedly so. :D
  13. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    Geeze what are they doing handing out CB1100's with an AARP membership? :lol3

I'm getting serious CB1100 envy reading this thread.
  14. Crocodile Tears

Crocodile Tears Powerful Truth Angels Supporter

Oddometer:
    well I'm seriously considering one and im 24 if that helps
  15. jnor

jnor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You'll break the "Keebler Elf" mold......
  16. 351Venom

351Venom n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,
    New here. Been trolling for months since I sold my '92 nighthawk. Found this great forum thread. Will be getting one later this year after I retire.
    Anyway, here's a picture I stumbled across a few months ago which I saved. Yes a white CB1100. My favorite.
    Eric
    [​IMG]
  17. The other Ferret

Oddometer:

Yes he would. Not sure if he could fold himself onto one of these.

That was seriously funny JimJim :wink:

I 'll let you take a ride on it next time we meet up, course that means I'll have to ride along on your Triumph 800.... Yea baby.
  18. The other Ferret

Oddometer:
    Just a heads up.. This bike really perplexed my insurance guy. the CB 1100 is so new it isnt on the official list of Honda motorcycles, so the ins guy had to figure what to charge me by year, displacement and suggested retail price. Anyhow my full coverage ins is going to cost me $282 and change a year.
  19. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    Now that will be worth seeing you tippy toe the Tiger.
  20. The other Ferret

Oddometer:
    Im going to flat foot it....on the left side only :wink: