SPRING SALE! Trail Stand - Enduro and Dual Sport Portable Jack Stand

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sTE610vE, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Zugg Zugg

Zugg Zugg Looking for the next Adventure

Oddometer:
    Going to Junction in April and Big Bend in May. I'll be glad to have it, but hope I won't need it..
  2. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just printed your shipping label as I'm typing this, consider it on the way, USPS 2-3 day priority too of course. Some friends of mine went to Big Bend a month or so ago, I'm meeting up with them in a few weeks, I'm looking forward to their report.
    Thanks for your order Zugg Zugg! :clap I do appreciate it!
  3. SprocketTX

SprocketTX Bull in China Shop

Oddometer:
    Well, that means there will be at least two of Steve's stands at TAR in Junction then...:D

Hopefully, neither gets used...:eek1
  4. SprocketTX

SprocketTX Bull in China Shop

Oddometer:
    In short, the Trail Stand works on the KTM 690 Enduro…:clap<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    All in all, it’s a simple, solid tool that should make trailside tire repairs a whole lot easier. Beats the heck out of locating a rock/log, etc. Wrap included velcro around the front brake, turn the bars left, stand on the right, lean bike on kick stand and slide Trail Stand in place (your technique may vary). Easy...:D

Glad I bought it, would buy again. No affiliation, financial incentive, etc. Just a happy customer…

Only design suggestion I’d make would be some type of tether for the pin, top “hook”, and maybe run it through a hole in the “foot”. Would make it a lot less likely to lose the very pieces you need to do the job. Oh, and a bigger diameter foot perhaps? Maybe make it folding to save space?<o:p></o:p>

A bit exaggerated (the rear at least), but the pics below show where I hooked it on my bike just to see how it worked. While I wouldn’t want to hang off the bike, it was surprisingly stable.<o:p>
    </o:p>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <o:p></o:p>
  5. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the post and the pictures using the Trail Stand on your 690!
    Another place you might try when lifting the rear wheel is under the shock linkage, I've put there on my husky and it was very stable. That should let you place the stand with the foot flat on the ground which helps stability. Using the front brake lock strap really helps the stabilty like you mentioned.

I appreciate the feedback on the foot and cradle, it is a trade off between packable size and function. You could use the strap to hold the foot and the cradle together when packing it separated, or hook the hole in the cradle thru the eye of the pin before inserting it thru the tube and rod. I will give it some thought, thanks again for your order and the ideas!
    Steve
  6. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
  7. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    The Trail Stands are available again at www.endurostar.com
    Thanks for all the orders! :D

I will pick them up tomorrow and should be shipping again in the afternoon.......so get 'em while their hot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. 243Win

243Win Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got mine today and it is a slick piece of kit, highly recommended to all. Easily able to get either tire up in the air for service, stores small and compact.

I suspect my spotty maintenance of the chain on my side stand only bikes is a thing of the past.

Steve is a good guy to deal with as well.

:clap
  9. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Here is a way to store the Trail Stand with the Cradle and Foot removed but still attached together. Insert the pin thru the hole on the cradle then place the foot between them and wrap with the brake strap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. gkgeiger

gkgeiger Every ride is an ADV

Oddometer:
    Just ordered mine. I've been looking for this. Thanks,
  11. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    It's on the way, Thanks for your order!

Steve
    Enduro Star Products llc
    www.endurostar.com
  12. tmotten

tmotten Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer:
    You ready to send one of these overseas yet?
  13. Buddha135

Buddha135 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered mine. Just hope I wont be repairing a tire anytime soon.
  14. Swamp Rat

Swamp Rat DEO VINDICE

Oddometer:
    PayPal sent
  15. Swamp Rat

Swamp Rat DEO VINDICE

Oddometer:
    Dang, ordered Sunday night(18th), received notification from the post offince monday AM and it arrived today(21st), three days not bad. I plan to test drive it to mount new wheels/tires saturday, if it works as good all the claims I am going to pull the centerstand off and shed 20lbs.
  16. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Hey Swamp Rat,
    Just to throw out some thoughts....
    It should be quite stable for the rear wheel work, be sure to use the strap to lock the front wheel brake good and solid.

The front is inherently less stable as there is not much weight on the back wheel, it depends on what bike your using it on as to how stable the front is when lifted. Make sure to only lift the wheel high enough to do what you need to, lifting it way up in the air always decreases stablity, front or rear.

One way to increase the front stablity is to put something heavy against the right side of the back tire when the front is in the air, this keeps the bike from wanting to rotate counterclockwise around the kickstand.

I will try to post a pic up later to show this for reference.
    Some guys I know have a centerstand and use the Trail Stand to hold the front wheel in the air when the bike is on the centerstand.

Obviously a prop stand will never be as stable as a centerstand but I am curious to hear your comments after you try it out!
  17. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Here is a way that increase stability when the front wheel is in the air. Place a rock or a friends boot next to the rear wheel, I used a small sandbag I had in the garage for illustration. It wasn't unstable to begin with but this helps keep the rear wheel from wanting to rotate around the kickstand if you push too hard on the front. Remember the Trail Stand has 1/2" adjustability so that you can lift the wheel just high enough off the ground to do the necessary repairs and keep it as stable as possible.
    (Here's the disclaimer) As with any lifting device the user needs to use caution to not place themselve's in a situation that could lead to injury while lifting a motorcycle.
    [​IMG]
  18. Jedediah

Jedediah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Steve,

Looks like a great product!

I have a KTM 450 EXCR. It's rather tall. Any issues before I order?

Thanks in advance,

Jed.
  19. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Hey Jed,
    The Trail Stand's tallest working height is 20 inches from the floor to the cradle, using lower of the two holes in the tube with the last hole in the rod.

I have used it on a KTM 450 to lift the rear wheel. If your frame is not covered by a skidplate in the area under your foot peg it will work there for the rear wheel. If that is covered you can use it on your swingarm, near the shock pivot, to lift the rear wheel.

It should lift the front if you have a hole in a skidplate on the lower right side. I don't think the stock KTM skidplate that I saw had a hole there, in fact aren't the stocks skidplates a high strength plastic?

Basically the best thing to do is have someone tilt your bike on the kickstand just enough to get either wheel of the ground and measure where you want to use it, if it 20" or under it should work fine.
  20. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Here's a link to a Great ride report from August on his trip to Baja and Copper Canyon.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552169

He took a Trail Stand along and here's a pic of it in use on a fully laden DR650 in some less than helpful terrain...check out the report, lots of great pictures and a great story!:clap

[​IMG]