Video game addicts...

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by EvilGenius, Feb 23, 2009.

1. ScorpioVI

ScorpioVI Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer:
    Heads up.

2. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    Finally!! :clap Back to skyrim tonight. :D
  3. Charla

Charla Tamalamian

Oddometer:
    Anyone have any opinion on where the best place to pre-order Dishonored will be?

GameStop and Amazon have different bonus packs and I haven't looked at any others. I'm leaning toward Amazon just because it'll show up at my door instead of me having to take my lazy butt to GameStop. :lol3
  4. Keyser Soze 1

Keyser Soze 1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So who's picked up Resident Evil 6? Previews look good. A ton of mixed reviews though.
  5. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    Get an Amazon card and then buy it from Amazon. Feed your game addiction and get rewarded for it. :clap
  6. ScorpioVI

Oddometer:
    5 SHiFT codes dropping for Borderlands 2 today and tomorrow. Follow @GearboxSoftware.
  7. BHW

BHW Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've not been following the game world lately. I've fallen behind. Quit playing Skyrim before I even finished it, and haven't played anything really since. I was a huge Halo fan, and still haven't played Reach! I can't afford $60 games....so waiting them out has become normal for me. need to pick up reach now that it's $15.

Anyhow, I just recently saw Dishonored, and boy does it look intriguing! I'll find out in 6 months! :wink:
  8. NikonsAndVStroms

NikonsAndVStroms Beastly Photographer

Oddometer:
    This is just wrong:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Hz2h8mAcE3E?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I heard there were tons of mods for the PC but I definitely wasn't expecting them to use the holographic pop star:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DTXO7KGHtjI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Someone had far too much free time.
  10. Chuck289

Chuck289 Air cooled

Oddometer:
    The War Z

Anyone heard of this? I am very much interested in this game. It's a zombie survival MMO. Heres some gameplay footage. It comes out soon I think

http://thewarz.com/

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iu0JHSQ_ZU4" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
  11. ScorpioVI

Oddometer:

I was interested until I saw the video they released last week showcasing the in-game marketplace. It's a fucking pay-to-win game. You pay real dollars for "gold coins" you can spend in-game, to buy equipment, ammo, supplies, etc. Basically all the rich kids can just buy their way through the game. No thanks.
  12. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer:
    The future of gaming...

Look at the World of Tanks thread and the complaints of wallet warriors.

It's not all that different from the EverCrack or WoW models except (just like on the school yard) your first hit is free, then you gotta pay. :evil

Not saying I like it, but fewer and fewer people are willing to drop $50-60 for a new game from the start and production costs haven't been going down for the big studios.
  13. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    I don't mind pay-to-play *if* they don't make it absolutely impossible to succeed without it. But when they change things around and make it impossible to keep up without paying $3-$5 dollars that's when I quit.
  14. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer:
    I hear ya, but there's no money in that. I've got a buddy that works for EA and he struggles with keeping player counts up versus profit. It's not simple and they try to find the sweet spot.

I'm the gamer they hate. I buy 1-2 titles per year and I don't usually buy DLC. He told me that I was the most difficult consumer to grab and explained some of their budget constraints.

I'll take my job over his...
  15. Chuck289

Chuck289 Air cooled

Oddometer:
    Well they are claiming that if you are a "pay-to-win" type then the game is not for you. I'm hoping the game is fun an fair even to those who don't want to pay for more stuff. I really want the game to be good! A good zombie survival game is what i've been waiting for.
  16. SJSharkfan

SJSharkfan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey racing fans, the demo for Forza Horizon is available on XBOX live.

Initial impressions. Nothing like Forza 1-4. More like the GRID or DIRT franchises. I think they are aiming for the teen crowd that just wants to race and not fiddle with suspension settings. It's not bad just different. Try it, its free.

I'm hoping they continue with the regular Forza formula in the future. I like fiddling with suspensions.....
  17. ScorpioVI

Oddometer:
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]
    Got about an hour in with Dishonored last night.

Pros: The world feels lived-in, easy to get into it. It has kind of that Fallout-ish feel to it, having to scavenge stuff, etc. Graphics are great even on the 360. Combat is very intuitive, maybe a little simplistic, similar to Skyrim's block/hack/slash.

Cons: It's been very linear so far, shooter-on-rails linear. It sounds like there's only two endings, the good ending (few kills) and the bad ending (kill a lot). I'm more of a combat guy but I made an effort to kill as little as possible last night and still got a "High" kill rating. Eh? Sneaking past the guards is kinda vague. You don't really know how well they can see, or how alert they are. One playthrough I was crouched in the shadows in a corner, guard walks by me, nothing happens, but his buddy busts me a little later on and I get killed. Reload the same level, crouched in the same corner, now the first guard sees me as he walks by. WTF?
    [/FONT]
  18. seuadr

seuadr Wee-stromer

Oddometer:
    dod you squeeze off a chemical weapon? :rofl
  19. tserts

tserts Chaotic Neutral

Oddometer:
    Fucking Borderlands:

I have about 46k in my pocket and money is not an issue anymore at lvl24 (eridium shortage is solved at the slot machines, thanks for the tip to whoever posted it), yet I see a small money box far away, which will take me at least 1 minute off course (if all hell doesn't spawn loose), and I know there is only $13 in that box, yet I still run over there thinking wtf am I doing...

Yeah, it's that bad...

My sniping crit is unholy with all the relics, shields, weapons, skills modifiers I currently have, but let any badass come close and I'm toast, thank god for deception... I am doing special therapy for anger management for every time i shell out 4k reviving... (that's eleven slot pulls I tell ya!)
  20. Keyser Soze 1

Keyser Soze 1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It gets worse. I had over 120k socked away. Level 30...each revival is like 8k now. I've never really spent any of the eridium. Keep meaing too..just keep forgetting. Anyone buy that little $10 pack? You get a skeleton key and a mechromancer skill tree.