SA Adv Riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BigM, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Fipsy

Fipsy form. gonescratchin

Oddometer:
    Bull600 has posted a gps track of a trip he did there a while ago. From memory, the link to it is in his sig. There's a RR too somewhere.
  2. DR Ozzy

DR Ozzy Suzuki scum

Oddometer:
    I seem to remember reading about a KI trip on here, probably that one. :evil
  3. DR Ozzy

DR Ozzy Suzuki scum

Oddometer:

Sounds like the go :clap
  4. DR Ozzy

DR Ozzy Suzuki scum

Oddometer:
  5. Gasman_ADV

Gasman_ADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just a quick update for those interested in the Erzberg suspension thing...........

I measured up the oil level in the forks the other day .90mm from top :eek1
    Book says 120mm to 150mm .advice was all WP forks run best at about 120/125mm

I set the level at 120mm from top

rear spring is a fairly heavy spring and was set at 30mm race........reset to 70mm race

Just came back from a quick spin around the neighbourhood .(and on a SE 950 it is a quick spin)..
    finally it feels like a dirt bike :clap..............the front actually has some drop under brakes and I can get some weight on the front wheel........could probably manage a stoppie if I tried..........:evil

I can also get both tippy toes on the ground whislt standing.....read ...mount the bike easier.

when I first bought the bike it was downright dangerous..........the forks were too high in the tripples and everything was too firm...............it was a shocker...........

anyway it feels a lot lot better just after a quick spin around the block ............and yes i might go and rip those baffles out today as well.

also for those interested in how the wrist is healing .....went and got a heap of xrays and CT scan the other day .....
    looks like the liagament on the top side of the thumb is not attached and causing hyperextension of the thumb and little strength when gripping things .......booked in Jan for an op to tighten things up.......

cheers
    A

:freaky

6. Sol Erzenberg

Sol Erzenberg Lost somewhere

Oddometer:
    Just came back from K.I. this arvo, spent the last 6 days over there with the Mrs, we didnt take the KTM but we caught plenty of fish & caught lots of Marron & Yabbies too..:lol3

Great place, spent 3 days at Vivonne Bay & 3 at Island Beach in a rented beach house.

We did the Quad Bike tour at Vivonne Bay, if anyone tries it make sure you upgrade to the Honda TRX250 which goes pretty well, heaps of fun too.

Cheers, Sol..:D
  7. Sol Erzenberg

Oddometer:
    Some of the National Parks have 4WD tracks that would be suited to ADV bikes, I was told there are quite a few throughout the Vivonne Bay NP. I'm sure there would be heaps more elsewhere.
  8. DR Ozzy

DR Ozzy Suzuki scum

Oddometer:
    Cool, did you get the fish off the beach?, I was thinking I might even take a rod and try and catch dinner, could just pull up on the beach and camp maybe, sit back, chuck a line in, have a few beers, have been plotting a course around the island and seen all those lines through the parks and that but I guess you don't really know whats what until you get there and have a look.
  9. Sol Erzenberg

Oddometer:
    Yes off the beach at Vivonne Bay, some great gutters in very close to shore & easy casting distance, the jetty is good too (however the River is full of under size bream).

Did very well at Western River Cove, bream, salmon trout & big yellow fin mullet, the Cove is set up very well for camping with toilets, big shade shelter/pergola & rain water tanks.
  10. bull600

bull600 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have fun on KI, it's a top spot :clap:clap:clap

A Ride Report I did on a trip there a few summers ago is here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649131

If you're after a gps log of the trip, just flick me a PM

Cheers:thumb

11. slapper

slapper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks all for the advice - have dropped in to see Snowy and am dropping the DR off on Thursday.
    Now to work out how to get this pig of a thing in and out of the trailer without dropping it :)

cheers,
    Slapper
  12. Bubba Bauer

Bubba Bauer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you have a bit more accurate date within february?

I really want to go, but I have to organize it at work ASAP because they only let 1 person at a time to be on holidays :huh.

It will be my third time on KI, but you just can`t get enough of the place.
  13. Gasman_ADV

Gasman_ADV Long timer

Oddometer:
    again for those interested
    I have been thinking about why the front was so firm, the forks were serviced by a larger motorcycle dealer here in Adelaide back in Jan 2011 and I think they may not have relocated one or both of the internal compression damper rods hence the extremely firm front end combined with the high fork oil level. The compression damper rods need to be seated properly otherwise you lose adjustment and I think greatly increased compression dampening as well, this is on the WP forks.

it now feels like a dirtbike !

A.

14. arborsmarty

arborsmarty WFO

Oddometer:
    There was some hoon with a late model Tenere with a loud exhaust riding around Gawler East last night. Anyone have any idea who the hoon is??

Sent from my Crapple CryPhone using Craptalk
  15. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    Better report it to the boys in blue...bloody hoons

cheers Terry
  16. ozbikedude

ozbikedude Long timer

Oddometer:
    ann beadell h/way next year?april-july???back via???
  17. DR Ozzy

DR Ozzy Suzuki scum

Oddometer:

You can pick a date if you want.
  18. Aussie Trev

Aussie Trev aka DRTrev

Oddometer:
    You should have let me know mate, I was out that way last night too. Took mine for a run out to Concordia to check out the new Hoey suspension mods......very nice! :wink:

Of those going to KI in Feb, let me know if you need Entertainment Book vouchers (25% off).
  19. masterbrewer

masterbrewer TDMster

Oddometer:
    :thumb

:jack

:beer
  20. Gateshutter

Gateshutter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Quorn seems like a safe town . I feel like going for a schnitzel....