Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. mike1952

mike1952 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would like to take a trip to SE Ohio to ride 555. What are some other roads to take?
  2. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    heres a loop I recently put together that includes both 555 and 26:

http://g.co/maps/tpyw

and here's a list of a bunch of smaller, secondary roads in my area that I enjoy

http://g.co/maps/vvc9

but by no means are these all the fun roads in SE Ohio. theres also 664, 78, 93, 56, 374, 668, 800 and a ton more

enjoy

by the way, when are you planning this trip? If you say when, I'd be willing to bet that someone here will be free and willing to ride with you at least part of the way. that loop I posted above I have only ridden half of, so if the I'm free, I'd be happy to do the loop with ya.
  3. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    78 from McConnelsville over to the river...and in that area, 536, 255, 26, 800, 260.

Off of or near 555, 676, 377.

Just off the top of my head.
  4. QUICKDRAW

QUICKDRAW Bug Murderer

Oddometer:
    I expect 60% of the "interested" parties to make the ride, so that leaves another 2 or 3 spots available still.

T
    he Date Has Been Set for the BALD EAGLE Forest Big Bike Ride

September 30th - October 2nd

This is a free ride with friends to the Bald Eagle State Forest in central Pennsylvania. Leaving Ohio in the morning of Friday, Sept 30... Slabbing it about 6 hours (from Columbus) to the Hemlock Acres Campground in Coburn, PA. We should arrive early to mid afternoon, where we can shed some camping gear and hit some of the 180 miles of trail network that surrounds the area.

We will be camping in bear country, so if you don't know what that means , as in...smellables... PM me. The campsite does have showers and also a few nice cabins which have a beer fridge, full bath/shower, and sleep 6. The rate for the cabin is $100/night. If enough people want that option, I would need to know very soon, as I guess the campgrounds get busy during Penn State games.

Saturday Morning we can all get lost together while we re-trace some old Dual sport routes and parts of another Dual Sport ride I did a few weeks back. When we have all had enough, we will head to Doans Bones BBQ for a killer dinner.

Sunday will be a travel day, so we will get up whenever, maybe swing up and see the Grand Canyon of PA and then slab it home. We will be home in plenty of time to mow the lawn and beat the kids.

PM me if you want to go.... I will figure out the Friday meeting arrangements based on where you are.

Here is some of what we will ride

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Shawn
  5. flashover604

flashover604 tailgunner

Oddometer:
    Funny story... I work for the phone company. I was working mid-span between two poles today. Our ladders have hooks at the top to hook over the cable. When a squirrel runs down the cable, it bounces. I was working in a splice when I couldve sworn I was gonna be overrun by a herd of 'em... Nothin'. The cables were rocking pretty good, but no tree rats in sight. I thought "Well, THAT was weird..." got done, turned the truck on and heard Corby talking about the earthquake.. Ah HA! I was a block east of Parsons, and about even with Williams Rd. down by 270 and high street on the south side. It was a weird day all around.
  6. edhead

edhead Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Work in an office on a concrete slab. Felt the floor ripple, and turned and asked if anyone else felt the earthquake. Only a few others had noticed it. This was in North Canton. I assumed it was another earthquake centered under Lake Erie, that we get every few years. Amazing it traveled through the Appalachian mountains into Ohio.
  7. mike1952

mike1952 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info and offer to act as a tour guide. I will let you know when things firm up schedule wise.
  8. mike1952

mike1952 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the routes.
  9. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    EARTHQUAKE ???

I thought it was me,I`m so awesome,I rock this world!:rayof
  10. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Aftershocks from some good acid back in the 60's?

:lol3
  11. Gabby

Gabby Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like 145 out of Lower Salem also. 564 is nice too. I guess it just depends on what direction you want to head.

I think I'm gonna start collecting toll on the "Triple Nickle" to fund my bike habit....
  12. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Sit in a chair on a tight corner and snap pictures of the squids, sell them on the internet like Killboy, profit!

For extra fun, sprinkle some cinders to make the pics more exciting! Well, hell, it's 555 someone will do that for you.
  13. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    Hi Mike:super........Sorry you can`t go to Pa. with us......Hi Kay.
  14. Sparkster

Sparkster Live seriously.

Oddometer:
    Crap THAT'S what i should have been doing on my time off...
  15. Just GO!

Just GO! I wish I were good at something.

Oddometer:

I had to go to Atlanta for work a couple weeks ago and rode up US129 on my way home. I passed one of Killboy's photographers at one point, turned around and went back to talk with him. Interesting conversation.

He was fulltime...it's what he does for a living....taking pics of everything that passes. In the fall when leaves are on the road they will run their cars back and forth to try to blow the leaves off the road for the motorcyclists. They actually sweep the corners if there's much dirt, sand, etc..

At one point while I was talking with him a group of stripped down to the skivvies, half-naked, gay, sportbike riders came by. They were laying stretched out on their bikes, standing on the pegs, squeeling and shrieking like a bunch of girls when they passed.

One of them had nothing on but a helmet, socks, a black thong and butterfly wings strapped to his back. :huh When he rode by he was sitting side-saddle on the bike, one leg thrown high, leaning his torso back and pinching his nipple.

That image is now and forever scorched into the back of brain till the day I die. :bluduh ..........I was traumatized.
  16. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
  17. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
  18. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  19. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    BTW, took Deb out to lunch today at Uncorked in Roscoe Village, rode some really nice gravel east of Coshocton down to I40 and headed home.....odd things today, 541 we had entirely to ourselves. Not a single car or truck on the way or passed us. It was awesome, and strange. Beautiful day for it, too, perfect riding weather.

We only saw three bikes the entire day, and two of them were Vstrom 1000's like mine, one was a guy and his wife touring Eastern Ohio from Indiana, nice folks we talked at a gas stop in Zaneyville. Second guy on a Strom passed us and gave us the "V" salute. The third bike was a KTM Super Duke, which we rode behind a while, that's a sweet sounding machine with an Akro pipe on it.

That almost makes up for those days when I'm out and see 100 cruisers for every one KLR or DS on the road.
  20. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    First day back to school around here. All the parents rushed home for some daytime sex with the kids gone.

:deal