Vero Beach are anyone?

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by Petrolburner, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Petrolburner

Petrolburner Noise Maker

Oddometer:
    Hello everybody, I'm new to ADV, as well as dual sporters I guess, but been riding motorcycles pretty much all my life. Wondering if there is anyone in the are that knows of places to ride? I have a KLX 650 on 50/50 tires, so sand is a challenge but I manage it anyway.
  2. Petrolburner

Petrolburner Noise Maker

Oddometer:
    shoot that is supposed to say Vero Beach area, I swear I'm not illiterate...I'm just a pilot.
  3. TheRidingLibrarian

TheRidingLibrarian F**king ssssssh!

Oddometer:
    Welcome!!
    I sent you a PM.
  4. Dez

Dez Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am in the Port St Lucie/Ft Pierce area and looking for people to ride with. I was thinking about heading up to Sebastian Inlet State Park one of these weekends for a camping trip. If you are interested, let me know. Maybe we could get a group together. Anyone else out there want to join in??

Also, I have a KLR with 50/50 tires too so anyplace we could do some offroading would be great.
  5. TheRidingLibrarian

TheRidingLibrarian F**king ssssssh!

Oddometer:
    Let us know where you're coming up!
  6. TAS

TAS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in PSL. I ride a BMW X-challenge (with Pirelli Scorpians). I've been trying to get out for a decent weekend ride for a while now. I ride ~450 miles a week to and from work but hardly ever get out on the weekends; go figure. Let me know if ya'll would like to get together for a ride.
    TAS
  7. Petrolburner

Petrolburner Noise Maker

Oddometer:
    I'm in the middle of a valve job and installing the dial a jet, but I'm going to duck out of work early tomorrow to get some work done on it. Might be ready for this weekend if I'm lucky.
  8. Petrolburner

Petrolburner Noise Maker

Oddometer:
    bike is back together and I had it out this weekend for a little ride.

[​IMG]
  9. oldirtyrider

oldirtyrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    in sebastian people hit me up lets go find some trails..... maybe go blast the compound?
  10. Petrolburner

Petrolburner Noise Maker

Oddometer:
    What is the compound? I have a bald rear tire right now, but a brand new T63 sitting in my room ready to install. Just trying to get the last few street miles out of it until I have an off road ride coming up worthy of making the switch for.
  11. oldirtyrider

oldirtyrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    the compound is out off of san fillipo in palm bay near degroot its a massive undeveloped development... even a few hills to climb private message me anyone cause im not on that often to keep up with posts on individual threads or even call 772 480 4075 my xl600r is beggin for a beatin
  12. oldirtyrider

oldirtyrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    yee old xl600r 1983 with custom steel cargo rack / fender cause old fender broke and couldnt find a replacement[​IMG]
    </a>
  13. Sumo64c

Sumo64c Long timer

Oddometer:

Careful out there folks, the compound was shut down a few years ago due to the number of people who abused a good thing...drag racing for money, drugs, and a rather horrific amount of serious accidents/crashes..... we flew out over 35 people in one year when I worked in that area at the height of it's popularity. The city police strictly enforce that area now, and unless you are well off the beaten path, you're going to get cited.
  14. oldirtyrider

oldirtyrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    even if you're out there on a bike *not* drag racing? that sucks i hate bad apples that ruin the fun for everyone...could i beat the ticket in court seeing those *are* public roads?:rofl