Triumph Tiger 800

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by ScrambDaddy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. max.headroom

max.headroom That "Retro" Digital, Ummmm ..... Dude.

Oddometer:

Really? I did not see the XC listed on their website .........

G.
  2. Jccc

Jccc Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. andoulli

andoulli CAJUN

Oddometer:
    I can't find it myself now, but here is the email they sent me.

Tim

I am here at Safari Right now and it will 100% happen but not as fast as we hoped,

We are looking at Late Summer.

Ben
  4. forkt

forkt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So after a little offroad on the new tiger, I have come to the same consensus that others on this forum have mentioned. That center stand has got to shut the *F* up . It slaps far to much. One of the inmates mentioned using a large earth magnet, has anyone tried this yet?
  5. gkgeiger

gkgeiger Every ride is an ADV

Oddometer:

My account was charged, so I'm hoping mine shipped or are shipping. I got 8" and 10' silver.
  6. Evomx971

Evomx971 Wave as you fly over

Oddometer:
    I don't have my centerstand yet, but based on everyone's feedback, it sure doesn't seem like the best of Triumph's accessory catalog. Granted, off road is a tough environment for any centerstand. Without having it yet, the approach I was going to take was to see if I could rig a rubber strap to hold it up tight, maybe similar to how KTM has for the kickstand on their off road bikes.

Would someone that already has the centerstand on their Tiger be willing to post a picture of what it looks like in the "UP" position from both the left and right sides?
  7. thumper_tx

thumper_tx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After waiting 3 months with 3 promised ship dates and still no orange bike.I have canceled my order. With 2012 bikes already on the road it makes no sense to pay for a 2011.
    My dealer says he knows nothing about the 2012 bikes being out. Pointed him to this thread and he was surprised. He has worked hard to get my bike in. The rep told him to have me just take a white one.
    Stick in your ass Triumph. I will have a Beemer......thank you very much.
  8. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got my 2012, silver framed :huh XC yesterday...
  9. forkt

forkt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @EvoMx, I'll post some up as soon as I get home tonight so you can see it clearly.

I was thinking of maybe a velcro strap but I think I like your KTM rubber idea better
  10. hobieorris

hobieorris Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I moved the cables. There was a slight kink in the throttle cable, plus some rubbing of the cables on the tank. This makes things a little looser. I also replaced the clamp holding the brake line to the fork since the original one is glued in place and is now 1" too high.

Attached Files:

11. kstall20

kstall20 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got my Tiger in yesterday... clocked 72 miles after work today and still have a shit-eating grin embedded on my face... :D (and surprisingly I don't have a monkey ass or cowboy strut)

Wondering if any of you have suggestions for Panniers. I was looking at the Triumph Tiger 2 Box Saddlebag system which is reasonably priced...but I am concerned about their plastic construction. I plan on doing some rough riding and I am not sure they could withstand an off road "nap". Suggestions anyone?
  12. Smellyhound

Smellyhound Happy Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Hell... well not quite, but pretty damn close
    I had heard from a dealer that some of the larger dealers were putting in fake orders, in order to get more bikes. The smaller dealerships were having a lot of trouble getting any in stock. The gent I spoke to had 3 shipped and orders in for another 10, but no bikes to be found (2011).He suggested ordering a 2012, as he more than likely wouldnt be able to find a 2011. Just like all the other "Must haves" that everybody swarms in for, I shall wait until the circus is over, and either find a used one or get what I want new in a timely fashion. Im not in THAT big of a hurry to get one.. I'll live.
  13. max.headroom

max.headroom That "Retro" Digital, Ummmm ..... Dude.

Oddometer:
    +1 with all that you said ........ :nod

Like I posted a few weeks ago, my local Triumph Dealer, were 1.) sold out of the spare 2 XCs, and also the 1 T800, and on their whiteboard was a number for all XCs coming in, at least it really looked that way. And that number was like 1000. That number could only refer to the PNW region, I don't know, but 1000 in total, would seem like a very, very, very, very small number split up within the CONUS.

Just my .02 cents, though I could definitely be wrong with the figures .....

G.
  14. TriplePete

TriplePete Been here awhile

Oddometer:

This is Carpenter Lake on the road between Seton Portage and Lillooet. Off the pavement in D'Arcy and back on in Lillooet.

[​IMG]
  15. Romulux

Romulux Next exit

Oddometer:
    That's a shame. I went to my local small dealership, test rode the demo XC, and had a brand new, 0 miles on the ODO 2012 black-framed road model 4 days later in my garage. They only had an XC in stock when I test rode it.

No preorder or anything.

I did make it easier for them by not specifying a color, but still...
  16. Adv Grifter

Adv Grifter on the road o'dreams

Oddometer:
    Oh my! We're all shocked and saddened by your defection I'm sure. :cry

Best of luck with your new BMW. I hope you will report back on how its working after a 10,000 miles or so. Be sure to read through all the trouble reports on the Parallel Universe forum. Hundreds of such posts there.
    * (F800GS)

I'm with Smellyhound and Gfunk. No hurry here. I'll happily sit back and wait and go to school to learn everything Tiger 800XC that I can. :deal
  17. Ducksbane

Ducksbane Quaaack!!!

Oddometer:
    Don't worry thumper_tx the 800GS is a good bike, Triumph wouldn't have copied it (even the faults!) if it wasn't a good bike! :evil

:hide

I'm sure the 800XC is a good bike too, so untwist those knickers! :lol3
  18. thumper_tx

thumper_tx Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I do not recall in my post that it would be a GS800. Now that I have missed my planned vacation there is lots of time to decide. I still have another bike to ride. no stress here.
  19. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    Interesting you asked how the Beemer works after 10,000 miles....much better than the first 10,000 btw....:lol3
  20. wanderlost

wanderlost Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

I am considering the Caribou cases $805.00 total with frames and cases. Alternatively, I am looking at a Remus carbon Hexacone exhaust can ($790.00) which stays cool enough that I can throw over my soft bags. I like the idea of soft bags that are more narrow than hard cases with the wide spread for the exhaust.

I also am interested in lowering the exhaust and then having hard cases without the big gap for the exhaust. That would be narrow enough to be pleasing to the eye.

Glad to hear about any other ideas people have.

Paul
    :ear