Mar. 28-31, 2013 Death Valley Noob's Rally

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nsfw, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Amishflyer01D

Amishflyer01D Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dont have much of a preference but Dibs on 41 42 or 43 if available.
  2. 1224R

1224R Long timer

Oddometer:

Putting ideas together as we speak.... I will bring my A game I promise...!!!!
  3. 1224R

1224R Long timer

Oddometer:
    Be afraid... Be very afraid.....:rofl
  4. der_saeufer

der_saeufer Пу́тін хуйло́

Oddometer:
    Was waiting until the last second to pay because I may have a schedule conflict. Still don't know. Gotta bail. Hopefully whoever gets my spot has a great time!
  5. StG

StG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For us slackers, is it too late to sign up for this?
  6. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Look at the first few posts, there's a waiting list. FYYFF is out riding, so he can't update the list, but follow the directions listed there and PM him to get on the list.
  7. FuzzyNugs

FuzzyNugs Adventurer

Oddometer:
    #195, just sent payment via paypal for the ride and dinner for 3 nights. I'll be driving up and sharing a motel room with Afry.
    -Kris
  8. KG6BWS

KG6BWS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Who do I need to ask about what the policy is on just showing up and trying to join a ride??

This far out theres just no way for me to commit to anything, and its too late now anyways, but I live close enough where I could scoot out saturday morning, ride for the day, maybe camp remote somewhere, or scoot home.
  9. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Send NSFW a PM about showing up and riding. He's out riding and camping this weekend, so don't expect an immediate response.
  10. KG6BWS

KG6BWS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gotcha. THanks
  11. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    goodcat8 & hypnosavant
    Paid and in
    #217 & #218
  12. Shunka

Shunka Supervision Required

Oddometer:
    I gotta bail on this :cry I'm still willing to make the brew though Joel. I'll let you know one way or another if it looks like it will get done or not.

Damn I hate my springtime schedule. :cry
  13. Fishyhead

Fishyhead Eremikophobic

Oddometer:
    been all over the country and totally MIA but paid up and looking forward to seeing you fuckrs
  14. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:

2nd time you asked.

i'm pretty sure i gave you an answer, you put yourself on the waiting list, then cancelled out.

if still interested, put yourself on the waiting list again, and pay when your # is called.

the policy is everyone has to pre pay. .
  15. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    ok after midnight, ersin will move up the paid waiting list peeps.

thank you to those who could not make it for their courtesy informing us.......:thumb
  16. KG6BWS

KG6BWS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Whoops, must have missed the reply. Sorry about that.

Dont remember putting myself on the waiting list though.

Im just thinking of maybe running out out for the day on probably saturday. Not camping or hanging out. Although as of a couple hours ago, it looks like I might have a new job working 6/10's with a few 7 day weeks thrown in for good measure so it may not matter.
  17. J Lewis

J Lewis Numb Nuts

Oddometer:
    Just a note to any of the riders on the fence about taking one of the JLR classes leading up to the event.

The March 23,24 (weekend before) is heavy with "on-tour" riders heading to the rally and I suspect will fill up in the next few weeks based on the inquires I have been getting.

The special WED Mar 27th class, arranged by some of the guys on this thread earlier has plenty of openings now but as always happens a few guys get decide to go and then it might fill quickly since I'll have to limit this class size because I can't get my usual assistants during the week. And I like to keep the student/instructor ratio in check.

And here is the worst part, when I do my magic show on Saturday (or is it Friday?) you will wish you learned all that stuff earlier so you could have put it to use.

And since I'm totally pimping my classes here, here is the free offer to everyone here:

If you have a question about riding technique or bike setup, PM me through ADV and I will answer the question back to you and possibly post the good ones in this thread (If Joel wants me to).

I can answer 9 out fo 10 questions without referring to a reference manual.

And fi you are on the waiting list for this ride and want to do something similar there is an event called "AltRider's Taste Of Dakar" taking place in Pahrump, NV Feb. 23-25 with a similar feel yet the give-aways won't stand a chance to Joel's raffle.
  18. KowBell

KowBell Slo-Mo-Shun

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in this jimmy Lewis class. Where can I find info on it? That is if I make the transfer from the wait list to the in list.
    Thanks
  19. moto-treks

moto-treks Back Home

Oddometer:
    I'm counting the days :clap
  20. KaptSlo

KaptSlo In Idaho, never admit you moved from California Supporter

Oddometer:
    A Dual Tool Plus kit consisting of a Promach Dual Tool and a Tamper Resistant Oil Cap.

[​IMG]

If you ride a BMW R1200 this new tool will lighten your load and make it more compact. Made of anodized, CNC machined, 6061-T6 aluminum, the Promach DualTool is 1 1/4 inches in diameter by 1 1/2 inches long and weighs in at only 1.8 oz. The outside tool is for spark plug cap removal, and if you can't get a good enough grip on it, just insert a screwdriver through the hole and you've got a T-handle. This tool can be used on the BMW Oilhead and Hexhead models, from 2003-2012. The hex tool is designed to fit your front axle for wheel removal. It has a 22mm hex that will fit the R1200, K1200S, K1200R, and K1200GT front axles, and has a 19mm hex on the other end for socket or wrench use. You can also help out a friend with an F800 BMW since the 19mm hex will fit that bike. It has a 3/8 inch square drive on each end, designed to fit your ratchet or torque wrench.