Nfl 2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by shrineclown, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza Thundering Shire

Oddometer:

Tebow: CFL or change of position

Flynn: Good question

What about Brady is he starting the slide?
  2. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    Tebow would proabably make a pretty good linebacker.
  3. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Tebow, Jacksonville, to fill the seats.

Brady is not sliding anywhere but into the next super bowl.
  4. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    I'm with shrineclown on this... Brady is still a top-tier quarterback. He had a phenomenal season and took the Patriots to within on game of the Super Bowl. No, I think Brady stays where he is for at least a couple more years.
  5. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    I have mixed thoughts on Sanchez. First couple years, he took his team to the playoffs. Then... nothing. So what changed? I'm not a good enough coach to know what changed. Maybe Sanchez changed. Maybe the team/coaches changed.

I do think that Ryan is wedded to Sanchez for a while. I think Sanchez gets at least another half a season to prove he belongs in the starting job, otherwise I do see Rex starting the other guy... you know, what's-his-name, for the J-E-T-S.
  6. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    Didn't the Jaguars owner say he wasn't interested in Tebow? Or maybe you're thinking that's a negotiating ploy. Could be.

I like the idea of Tebow going to the Jags, personally. Good for Tebow, good for the Jags, good for the city of Jacksonville.
  7. tkitna

tkitna "Jim Jordan 2024"

Oddometer:
    I'm a die hard Seahawks fan, but I can go along with the voting. Actually, I thought Luck deserved the prize, but RG3 was a good choice too. Luck had way more attempts and INT's, but he has shit for a team. The Colts might have thrown it some last year for the pick, but they really do suck. No running game, defense and marginal receivers. Luck took that to the playoffs. RG3 had a phenomenal passer rating and made things happen. Wilson had the best line, RB, and defense of the entire lot. All in all, I was content with the voting.
  8. tkitna

tkitna "Jim Jordan 2024"

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Seattle is need of a legit #1, but i'd rather have Wallace at this point. ESPN said today that he's looking for around 11 million a year though, so good luck with that. Bowe drops a lot of passes, but i'd take him too. Jennings is great, but he would be my 3rd choice.
  9. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    Randy Moss might be available. :D
  10. stevie99

stevie99 That's gotta hurt Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Texas, the baseball capital of the universe.
    Flaco got traded to the Falcons?
  11. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    No, I think he means will they be inconsistent, less than stellar, and a disappointment to their fans. That is all.
  12. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    Life is hard when you're a dyslexic. :D

I was wondering if Falco and the Ravens would have a smilar post SB season as the Giants. I was also wondering if the Falcons would get deeper into the post season. Some how I mashed 'em together.

I think Falco is going to be declared a franchise player though.
  13. stevie99

Oddometer:

Flaco is going to make a ton of money. Praise dog.
  14. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    Rob Ryan gets hired as the Defensive Coordinator for the Saints.

So now the Saints defense will go from sucking a lot to just sucking an average amount?
  15. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    I like Rob Ryan's defense, the hair not so much. But I think he does his Daddy proud. Dallas is a tough place to work. And I think he and Mangini were on the right track in Cleveland when they got kicked off the train. Time will tell, but I think the Saints benefit.
  16. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    I agree. Overall, the Saints defense will get better. I mean, they couldn't get much worse, can they?

Rob Ryan as the linebackers coach for the Patriots had some success. And in Oakland he put together a pretty good defense, too.

In Cleveland, he just wasn't there long enough.

In Dallas, mediocraty was the name of the game. But how much of that was him and his scheme, or interference by the coach and owner, or overrated players not living up to their hype?

And in New Orleans, he's going to switch them to a 3-4 from a 4-3, so I think they're going to have at least one more tough years, for the transition. But he unquestionably a smart guy, so I think he'll probably have some success. Maybe even enough to get them back to the Super Bowl.
  17. stevie99

Oddometer:
    I like Rob. He did alright in Dallas. They didn't generate many turnovers though so a change was in order and it's always easier to change coaches than players.
  18. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    I like Rob Ryan, too. I hope it didn't sound like I was bashing him. And I think he'll be good for the Saints.

But he has a long ways to go with the Saints, and he's changing their defensive scheme, which will add more time to the transition, I think. And the bounty scandal cost them a draft pick, which means they'll lose a pick on defense because I don't see them drafting a lot of guys on offense.

I don't know how they're fixed for cap space, though. They might be looking at free agency to pick up a few key guys on defense.

In three years (maybe two) I believe you'll see a big jump in the Saints' defense. I just don't think it'll happen in 2013.
  19. Crocker

Crocker Just passing through Supporter

Oddometer:

Yeah, cause there are a ton of QBs out there that could've taken the Redskins to an NFC east title. The kid didn't have a whole lot to work with.
  20. stevie99

Oddometer:
    You do understand that a one legged quarterback led his team to the NFC east title. That says more about the level of play in that division than any thing else.