There are lots of G650X Challenge and Country threads - let's see your G650X Moto!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Solace, Oct 21, 2008.

1. tarmacter

tarmacter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow...thought I was the only one who actually bought one of these!

I have done some serious offroading and touring on mine. Over 6000 miles in 5 months.

MODS:

Leo Vince X3
    UniFilter
    Inner airbox cover removed(way better throttle response)
    Bunch of Cortech luggage
    Autocom
    Bmw Luggage rack
    Do-it-yourself fender reduction

I've ran the Pirelli Syncs and was unimpressed; low mileage, only 10% better than Diablo's offroad.

I just put a Pirelli MT60RS Corsa on the front and WOW...totally changed the character of the bike. I LOVE IT. I am at least 50-65% faster offroad and the street performance is just as good as the Diablo's, if not better. Can't wait to put one on the rear. (Also, the wet performance of the MT60RS is wild!)

You can spot me and my XMOTO a couple times in this video:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/syM18rLf8CA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/syM18rLf8CA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  2. Bike#8

Bike#8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Socal=Mt. Laguna & Palomar Mtn.> Now in Idaho Yea!
    I sold my XChallenge a couple months ago to buy a Honda 919 for longer distance duty. I missed the thumper though. Stopped by the local BMW shop for the first time in months and found this. Just under $6000 for a left over ABS model. I couldn't resist :)

[​IMG]
  3. slide

slide A nation with a future

Oddometer:
    Congrats on getting the deal of the century.
  4. tarmacter

Oddometer:
    UNDER $6K? That is actually enraging.......I got raped!
  5. NorCalDon

NorCalDon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep. The economy took a dump and now some dealers can't give away some bikes. I saw the new F800GS and thought I might trade my '08 G650 XC in for it. I bought the 650 this June for nearly 10 g's. The dealer has two new yellow '09 650 XC they can't sell and so offered me only 5 thousand for my bike. I told them I like my bike too much to give it away. I'll just have to wait a while to get the 800, if at all.
  6. mcftw

mcftw hxc n33b

Oddometer:
    You make me feel ashamed for needing a 21" front wheel
  7. tarmacter

Oddometer:
    Running Pirelli MT60's F/R now...great tire, wears pretty fast but the off-road grip in dry conditions is great. A true 60/40 street/dirt tire.
  8. Solace

Solace Long timer

Oddometer:
    I swapped on some Challenge bodywork to give it a little more of the supermoto look. The red stickers gotta go for something with some blue in them.

Before

[​IMG]

During teardown

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]
  9. Bert Fox

Bert Fox Casual Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I see tons of threads on the XChallenge and the XCountry. Where are the XMotos? Any feedback on them?
    Bert
  10. NuggetHead

NuggetHead Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. Bert Fox

Oddometer:
    I have an oppty to add an XMoto to my garage. A new 07 hold over,non ABS for $6000 plus tax
    I love my XCH, but I would like to have the XMoto too:D
    Bert
  12. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    This is THE XMoto thread.... merged you into it :thumb

The bikes are too similar to buy a second one.. I'd spend money on 17" wheels from Woody's Wheel Works and you can swap wheels for less than owning 2 nearly identical bikes.
  13. Bert Fox

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking of having one for my son's to ride when they come to visit. It seems a whole lot more fun than just having an older KLR/DR laying around.
  14. QUIRKSM

QUIRKSM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not many x-moto or supermoto guys talk on here mainly cause this is an adventure forum. But also because a lot of the super moto guys think its too big and heavy and don't give it a chance. I turned my challenge into a moto with wheels from woodys because i got a great deal on the bike even though i wanted it for the street. I absolutely love it and for the price i think it is a good idea, not to mention your sons will love it. Its great at all speeds even on the highway and just tears up twisty back roads. I say go for it but thats just me.
  15. Spook 013

Spook 013 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The XMoto seems to be for people that want a supermoto, but not in every sense of the word. It's more of a cushy bike, but don't take that the wrong way. The XMoto seems to be a little more livable, all around, from what I hear. Although, it DOES have the typical wooden-plank seat. The supermoto purists will find something in any supermoto-class bike to discredit it. Some people even bitch that the Aprilia SXV isn't a "true" SM because it has 2 cylinders. Can't please everybody...
  16. Bert Fox

Oddometer:
    I had a DRZ SM and was really surprised by how good it worked for dirt road stuff out here in the West. I eventually sold it and bought the XCh for the off road and thousands of miles of dirt roads here in NV. A year ago I moved from Elko in the NE corner of NV with no twisty pavement for 100s of miles to Yerington on the west central side of the state with the Sierras about 30 miles away. Now I long for the SM kind of riding too. I have an FJR for a bit of 2up and I like the XCh for the dualsport stuff. I am very familiar with the GX bikes and think that the XMoto would be a hoot and would be all the SM bike a 55 year old guy would need. I had my XCh seat worked over by Spencers in FL. For $75, it was the best thing I ever did. I would do the same for the XMoto. I have 2 sons in their 20s still in Elko. When they come to visit,it would be fun to have the extra thumper here. I like riding thumpers, and have no qualms with 4-500 mile days on em. The XMoto at $9500 was too much. At $5900, it makes me think...
    Bert
  17. fazer6

fazer6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Where can I get these peg sliders? I've ground off quite a bit of metal already, and it would be nice to have something that has less friction than the peg itself.
  18. fazer6

fazer6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Never mind, I found 'em :norton
  19. ropedrag

ropedrag Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where?
  20. fazer6

fazer6 Been here awhile

Oddometer: