2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by goodcat8, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Mooney 78865

Mooney 78865 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not to stir the pot, actually I don't care.
    I have found crappy windscreens are really crappy helmets, hard seats are poor posture, to much engine noise means you need to use ear plugs, footpegs to tough on your tootsies?, get a better boot.
    It's a motorcycle. It's not a car. It's not even a cheap imitation of a car. It's not supposed to be. Yes it has warts, yes the Austrians know it has warts. If you want to do 800 mile days in the saddle wrong bike. You want to do 110 miles in 9 hours in the dirt, reach your destination and ride home ( or camp, your call) on the freeway at 80mph with all your gear in 2 hours, right bike
    I'll take it as is, "twitchy" throttle and all. It is great at what it does. Better than it's serious competitors for less money by a LONG shot. Our list of upgrades is a damn sight smaller than our BMW, Triumph and Yamaha brethren.
    As for the seat? The Austrian sales rep said it best, STAND UP! ( Warning: disconnect your i pod, i phone, blender, latte machine, prior to standing)
    Now if the seat wasn't so close to the footpegs................
    My two cents.:evil
  2. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm a bit confused. I thought the all new model was pencilled in for a 2014 release? That shot above looks ready to go..
  3. DeeGee

DeeGee I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer:
    2013/2014/2015? :scratch still looks gash IMO and I'll stick to my trusty carbed 950 :thumb
  4. hattah79

hattah79 .

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Sorry about size
    Interesting that it says "smaller engine capacity
  5. SF_Rider

SF_Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd like it more if the exhaust pipe were even bigger
  6. stevodadevo

stevodadevo What happened?

Oddometer:
    Where did this pic come from?
  7. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Previous Rider

Oddometer:
    shes a puddle rather than river crosser. first mod; raise the muffler 6 inches
  8. motomuppet

motomuppet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  10. The Rizz

The Rizz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Subscribing. Hopefully we will see the 1090 next year...
  11. Paulzilla

Paulzilla Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. jerdog53

jerdog53 Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer:
  13. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The translation is right below the Italian- someone's design exercise. Are we ready for a shaft drive KTM?

It will be fun in a few years. The KTM is planning a competitor of the top selling BMW GS. When the magazine In Moto has commissioned this virtual “SCOOP” to Daidalgas … we could hardly believe it. A 1300cc! Will certainly be a solid vehicle, and probably a very nice bike. For the moment we can only imagine, and so here is the Daidalgas interpretation of the new Austrian asphalt / desert motorbike.

KTM has introduced and continues to promote a sharp and very aggressive design, combined with graphics that strongly respect the brand identity. That is, for any graphic designer, a perfect Integrated Project. Then develop a hypothetical model KTM style is probably an easier task than others brands production, two edges here, a little ‘orange to’ … in reality was not so simple. The project aimed to soften the KTM style and unite, in a more friendly design, some features of existing products of the BMW GS competitors. I refer particularly to the front, vaguely reminiscent of the Ducati Multistrada and the all-new Honda Crossrunner. Technically, this bike will be characterized by the 1300cc engine and most likely you will see the drive shaft (less maintenance). For cooling, it seemed interesting to hypothesize side radiators (see VTR, VFR and the new Super Tenerè). For the tourist use is it useful to equip the bike with a wide rack.
  14. mousitsas

mousitsas Long timer

Oddometer:
    Photoshops usually are. There is a 690 frame and engine there...
  15. The Rizz

The Rizz Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I'd be thrilled with a 690 Adventure!
  16. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Goeie Grys Giftige Gert!

Oddometer:
    Radiator on the side covers. Shaft drive. Lol @ photoChophead.

I'll eat my words if it comes to pass. With a chunk of roundel.
  17. keener

keener Speed changes you.

Oddometer:
  18. Master

Master Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like a friggin' Honda...
    [​IMG]
  19. FechFech

FechFech Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. GZERO

GZERO Fixing stuff around

Oddometer:
    147 HP, wow, they really went all out, lol
    Although at 230 kg is heavy, we'll have to see how it feels, but to be fair i have never felt the 210kg my 04 950 is......well maybe a time our two when picking it up from the ground, lol :rofl

I know the consensus here is that we don't like the bike cuz is a street bike, but we'll have to see how it really is, i'm just happy that new stuff hits the streets and that many people are standing up to the BMW, it's a win situation for us cuz we'll get better and better bikes in the long haul.

EDIT: looking at this LINK and looking closely at the pics I see something like an oil cooler, which would be very neat. I'm looking at a lot of stuff, and the duke will be out with that engine, the thing is that, would that be the RC1190 engine? or is something entirely diferent?
    - Love radial brakes
    - One of the pics the adventure has 17"/19" wheels but the other it has the pirelli MT90 we are soo used to see, maybe different options on this bike? (i love its design for both wheels, that way if you want to switch you'll end up in the original designs of the suspension)
    - Not much into the skid plate, it'll end like the yamaha in the shoot out of adventures we saw earlier in a post.
    - Not sure wheter i love or hate the fact that it has the same wheels and tires as our adventures........well, maybe that's something good.
    - LOL at the horn positioning on the duke, it's there to scare the crap out of the cars you passed just when you're passing them lol!
    - Should we call ducati and let them know "we didn't steal the rear swingarm"?? lmao