World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    4 specials

Valentine's Day Special
    Event Starts: 03:30 PST (11:30 UTC) on February 14, 2013

Event Ends: 03:00 PST (11:00 UTC) on February 15, 2013

+100% Credit Income Bonus
    IV Valentine

70% Credit Discount on the Following Tank
    IV Valentine

70% Gold Discount on the Following Tank
    IV Valentine II

XP for the First Victory of the Day in Each Vehicle
    Earn 550 XP for Each Sniper Achievement Earned in Battle

Valentine's Day Bonus Code

Tankers!

All of our tankers are important to us, we want everyone to to feel special for Valentine's Day. Starting now, you'll be able to activate this single use bonus code for one free day of Premium Time. Happy Valentine's Day!

And another one

World of Tanks & NVIDIA's "Free 2 Play Bundle"

Tankers!

Are you in the market for a new GPU? We've teamed up with NVIDIA to bring you an awesome "Free 2 Play Bundle" that could make the purchase of a brand new graphics card that much more tempting. If you buy a brand new GTX 650 or GTX 650 Ti, you'll get $25 worth of in-game gold to use in World of TanksĀ®. Better still, if you buy a new GTX 660 or better, you'll receive $50 worth of in-game gold to use!

Be sure to visit NVIDIA's GeForce website to find the best places to pick up these excellent video cards. And you better hurry! The promotional codes will expire on April 30th, 2013.

Valentine's Day Gift Shop

Valentine Bundle for $17.09
    2,500 gold
    500,000 silver
    Seven Chocolate Consumables
  2. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    This is just an opinion, but out of all of those stats, from what I hear the small differences in numbers for the accuracy, in your case .46 to .44, means a lot. Beyond that, for the few BIA tanks I own that have the crew all at 100%, what it seems to do is make the tank work better with the driver in the few instances they (or I) go into OMGWTFPWNAGE Monster-mode. When my muscles are warmed up, my reflexes ready and the situation right, the BIA seems to make it all flow better.

Beyond that, the differences are so small that you won't notice them outright, but you may notice doing better in battles.

We just had a few games in pubs - thanks guys. Nice to get those x2 wins out of the way!
  3. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    I have BIA on my IS-7/Churchill III crew (456%), SU-26 crew(460%) and BatChat 155/105 leFH18B2 crew (478%)

Churchill III spits out shells without the BIA. With BIA & vent the aim circle can keep up with the firing rate. Repair skill combined with BIA make those tracks repair faster, too.

When the Bat Chat 155 used to have BIA combined with vent (pre-8.3v), the reload time was 4-5 sec between shots and 68 sec for 4-shot mag. Now it is about 6-7 sec between shots and 74-78 sec for mag reload.

On SU-26 BIA works wonders, I don't feel the 8.3v nerf other than the reduced shell capacity.
  4. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    That's significant.. I find myself waiting on the aiming circle with the 1.92 second reload my CIII has..

Does BIA go away if you put the crew in a non-specialized tank?
    i.e. if I have BIA on my ISU-152 and I put the crew into an OBJ 704 will BIA go away?

I know I've put my IS-7 crew into my IS-3 and the 6th sense still worked...
  5. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure the skills/perks don't go away if you place crew in the same category of vehicle; but the performance won't be at 100% if the crew are not trained to that specific vehicle, unless premium vehicle.
    i.e. IS-7 crew won't perform at 100% in IS-3, but will perform at 100% in a IS-6.
  6. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    Replace rammer with GLD or spall liner.

No, though the bonus may drop to 3.75%

Notably, the perks of the IS-7 crew remain in force on all three vehicles, as do secondary skills with a 25% penalty on the IS-3.

Another example, my excellent KV-1S radio operator, with Signal Boosting (+20% radio range) as well as BiA, Situational Awareness, and 100% camo, serves in my medium A-32 (-25% skills) without substantially compromising that crew position when compared to an dedicated crewman with marginal secondary skills. The crewman takes a 50% experience penalty in that vehicle, but that is easily outweighed by the extra experience earned in the KV-1S and the Churchill.

Also, a 75% crew man only results in a 10% decrease in statistics, and a 50% crew member results in a 20% decrease in statistics.

This is particularly interesting for vehicles with crap view range; add any commander with sixth sense, the view range drops from 320 to 290, and you continue to rely on your teammates for spotting like you did originally.
  7. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    soooo T110E4, or T95?

Seems the T110E4 does a ton more damage per shell, but DPM goes to the T28 T95 path. I think the speed of the T95 would drive me bonkers as I already think the T28proto is too poky.

only 25k away from the T30.
  8. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    I have neither yet. But this far into the game, having had neither yet close to both, my aim is for the 110E4 for all its uses in clan wars and in pub matches. Early on in the game, when we had far fewer tank choices, the T95 was a TD many went into early for lack of choices. These days I'm still looking forward to playing the T95, but it will be in due time when I have accomplished the other goals I have.

I don't think the T95 should be looked at as a chore, but as an entirely different set of game rules, or gaming philosophy, to play under (like the T28 Prototype required of me). But I enjoy variation in my gaming.

The T30 is a powerhouse if it is supported, so you'll enjoy it. However, the 17.71 second reload leaves ample time for enemies to knock it down if it isn't played with players who understand supporting it. But then the T34 plays much the same, and has comparatively as long a reload to many of its tier 8 counterparts. My battles for x2 in my T30 and T34 over the last two nights seemed to indicate the T34 was just as potent on the battlefield. I don't know if you have a T34, but it's great practice for the T30... except you just don't peek out as much with the T30.

[​IMG]

Where-as when with one tier ten on each side, the T34's still shine through:

[​IMG]

Maybe that is why some T30 drivers don't use the biggest gun? I used the 120mm for quite a while and found it good. ... I'm not sure I'm doing 'better' with the 155mm, but it sure feels good. :D But you can see Brian / Smurf out-damaged my T30 in his faster-firing M103.

Edit: Looking at the OPFOR in that last one, I now see their T95 was second place with more damage output than our tier ten JPzE100... that's pretty cool.
  9. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Had a nice round in the M40/43 last night in Mountain Pass as a break from grinding the SU100 (1/2 way through). From the south corner, I can't hit the other side of the Opfor flag, but I got thier SU14, a T110E5, An IS8 and a T28 proto. The 1st 3were 1 shot each, the SU14 was full health and the ext 2 were at 40% or so and blocking our push. Took 2 shots on the T28.....and he didn't move from out in the open!

Ended up making 30k silver and getting Reaper.

Whens the cut off date for the SU152 sale?
  10. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I think that battle stat is a little misleading in this case, because you took several shots in that match at targets whose remaining hit points were well below your average shell damage (what I like to call mercy killings), while my shots were able to do full damage just about every time.

0500 CST tomorrow.
  11. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    mercy killings :rofl

Oh wait, was that the battle where I got the first kill of the game when I one-shotted their scout T-50 who tried to speed past us? Yeah, I'd guess he had a bit under 800-some hit points total compared to the T30's capable damage-per-shot, lol. :evil I forgot I did that... it probably makes me seem an even worse player though because it seems like I got more XP than you off of 'mercy killings' alone. Maybe I did spotting damage - I'm not sure if I have that screen shotted.

-----------

Gentlemen, you should be aware that our little thread is currently ranked seventh in the 'Shiny Things' ADV section for numbers of replies, and that we are currently 123 posts behind the "Got a cool watch? Let's see it." thread, of all things :spam
  12. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure I can tolerate the super long reload, but the lure of the damage..... :evil

I think I will give the T30 a go. I do have a T34 and as far as I'm concerned that's a durn fine tank.

and I'll have to play that T34 to make another 90k to buy the T30 :deal
  13. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Don't forget the 18 point hit to finish off the T54......:lol3

(to be fair.....it was simultaneous hits and if Dave would have hit first, he would have gotten the kill and all the damage credit)
  14. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Meanwhile while you two were sizing up each others guns, I was on the other side of the map in a lowly tier 8 (premium with a tier 8 gun at that) leading the push with tier 9's using me for cover.... Our team was dumb that round, somehow we pulled out a win. :eek1
  15. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    They weren't using you for cover....you were scouting for them....:wink:
  16. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Looks like I'll miss the sale.:cry
  17. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just bought the 152....still trying to learn how to play the stupid thing.
  18. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    At one point the IS-8 was positioned behind me so close that a MS-1 Could not fit between us, and that point came when the OPFOR found us and started shooting.
  19. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lisyanka Weekend Event

Event Starts: 03:30 PST on February 15, 2013
    Event Ends: 03:00 PST on February 18, 2013
    [​IMG] 100% Credit Increase Per Battle & 50% Credit Discount for the Following Vehicles

VII [​IMG] IS
    VII [​IMG] PzKpfw V Panther
    V [​IMG] StuG III
    V [​IMG] PzKpfw IV

[​IMG] 50% Credit Discount on Consumables

[​IMG] 50% Discount on Gold Consumables

[​IMG] x2 Crew Experieince Per Battle

[​IMG] 10% Discount on 6 Months of Premium Time
  20. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    It's Thursday? Wow this week went by fast.

2x crew xp ... looks like a good time to spend the Valentines Day bonus code. Nice.