South Jersey, USA

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by DirtRipper44, Apr 10, 2012.

1. avc8130

avc8130 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Powerstrokin,

Is that area "calm"?

ac
  2. PowerStrokin85

PowerStrokin85 Off Road Trip!

Oddometer:
    I-Jo: No prob for street riding, I like that too, any kind of riding is good with me! I am not too familiar with fun roads to ride around here though.

AC: Calm? The water is a lake so that is calm, there are never cops there and only ever a handful of people riding. There are lots of trails to ride and some wide open sandy sections. Lots of woops sections around the lake too. Not exactly sure what you mean by calm.
  3. avc8130

avc8130 Long timer

Oddometer:

Sent you a PM.

ac
  4. DirtRipper44

DirtRipper44 Dig Deep

Oddometer:
    Im down whenever...I-Jo just pick a date and a place for us to meet then we'll roll
  5. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Jo! First camping, now signing up at advrider! You're starting to scare me. :lol3

You guys need to come northwest of where you're at to do some good riding!... Of course, I'm like Jo, I have to stick to the roads that a sport touring tire will take me on. (for now anyhow, I'm hoping to pick up a dual sport sometime this summer... maybe)
  6. PowerStrokin85

Oddometer:
    Hey Max I'll come up north! Are these roads in PA or NJ?

I'll have my supermoto wheels soon and then street riding will be a lot of fun
  7. njsurferlarry

njsurferlarry Adventurer

Oddometer:
    been trying to find more people to riding with. depending on the type of riding. got the klr 650 for rode and off road and the klr 250(330 killa) for strictly offroading. keep me in the loop on some rides. im not really good at these forum things. ya'll have a good day.
  8. njsurferlarry

njsurferlarry Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hey max 384!!! from sugar notch??? my little brother lives there. he keeps telling me to bring my bike up there, he doesnt ride but says there is some good riding that way. only been to his place once and all we did was drink at some bar called thunder road or something like that.
  9. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    To be honest, I rarely ride in NJ... If there are good roads there, I haven't seen them. I've found the best roads around my general area to be north of Wilkes Barre and Scranton, either in PA or NY.

If you ever want to go for a ride, shoot me a pm. If I have time (which is usually a big question mark), I'll probably be up for it.

Ha. Small world. I only moved here two years ago, but ever since moving here, I've really had the itch to buy another dirt machine. There are tons of trails all around this area, mostly through old coal mining land. A dual sport is perfect for around here because there are tons of trails, and often require a short jaunt on a paved road to get to the next set of trails. You won't be disappointed if you bring a dirt-worthy bike up here.

Did you go to a bar in Sugar Notch? Or just outside? There were two bars in town when I moved here. However, one closed down (I forget the name, but I don't think it was called Thunder Road or anything similar), and the other one is a small sports bar called Major League sport bar.
  10. I-Jo

I-Jo InappropriateJo

Oddometer:
    oh herro max!!!

yeah- I was trying to find luggage threads and stuff- but I'm pretty much incompetent and can't work this site that well- LMAO.

And the more I'm here the more I realize sport-touring would be more my kind of place- there is a lot more "off road" that goes on here than I can comfortably deal with- I'm realistic about my shortcomings LMAO.

Sorry you couldn't come down with us yesterday- it was only a 50-60 mile trip but it was fun. She fucking rails through there- for me its kind of scary because I am SO used to flat and those her her roads LOL.

There pretty much are mediocre roads up in North Jersey- truly- they just barely satisfy the appiteite for wonderlust. If you are after true technical stuff you almost invariably cannot find it in Jersey- not that they are bad roads up there around- it's just they aren't that great compared to PA. I forgot also the first weekend in May I'm having teeth pulled- so I'm sure squeezing my stupid helmet into a swollen face won't work LMAO. so yeah first week in May is a no go for me. trying to think of what's going on next weekend- might be game for some wondering! :)

ah poopie- emergency trip to Virginia just came up... see ya guys later!
  11. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    I would have liked to have come... But I had kids' soccer games to go to and Arleen was working, so it just didn't work out.

I love how you rode to the race, ran it, then rode back. Good shit! I did that when I did the Tough Mudder race last year (but I didn't have nearly as far to ride as you did) and I was REALLY wishing I had driven instead of riding the bike on the way home.

Did you check out the 'SV as a sport-tourer' thread on SVRider? There are tons of great setups people have on their SVs in that thread. I'll post the link in the thread you started on SBN.

Getting wisdom teeth pulled is the pits. I had all four of mine yanked while in Mississippi en route to Iraq. I was completely miserable for two weeks. They gave me plenty of narcotics to deal with the pain... but they made me nauseous as hell, so I had to choose between pain or nausea... Fucking miserable. Hopefully your experience is more painless than mine was.

Hopefully your emergency trip to VA goes well?
  12. PowerStrokin85

Oddometer:
    I took my bike trail riding this weekend. A friend brought me to a place in New Egypt. It was pretty awesome, game me some really good arm pump. It was all off road stuff and a lot of fun. Hopefully next weekend we will be heading down to the Pine Barrens.
  13. DirtRipper44

DirtRipper44 Dig Deep

Oddometer:
    Im heading out today...gunna play in this mud !! lol
  14. PowerStrokin85

Oddometer:
    Whats the plan for this weekend? Anyone want to go dirt riding??
  15. DirtRipper44

DirtRipper44 Dig Deep

Oddometer:
    Lets set it up
  16. PowerStrokin85

Oddometer:
    I am going to head to New Egypt NJ tomorrow
  17. I-Jo

I-Jo InappropriateJo

Oddometer:
    random bump- I will be doing track day 5/16 for anyone interested or haven't been- love to met some of you :)

and back on topping- I slabbed all the way down to Virginia in the rain.

WORST RIDE EVER. It rained most of the way back too. I left at 1500 Sunday and returned at 1700 Monday.

All to pick up transcripts for a job.

soggy stop at sheets in winchester
    [​IMG]

Dug up a perfect fan for my helmet at my folks home! WINNING!
    [​IMG]

Currently not my bike and I didn't park RIGHT there and couldn't park anywhere neat because it was between class- but you get the idea- only it was way more Londony and rainy :)
    [​IMG]

Made it home... all this rigamarole for these transcripts... and there was much beer drunk.
    [​IMG]

a few things I was reminded of:

sometimes a great idea is a great idea- it just sucks in execution
    (picking up transcripts and going the extra mile DID get me the job... but damn did it suck)

my water proofing- in 6 hours of rain- is not waterproofing at all.

I need new waterproof gloves- and real actual waterproof boots (I knew those weren't to begin with- it was just actually dealing with soaking toes that sucked)

my aftermarket race rearsets are no good for hours on the slab

Heated gear really truly is a god send.

I offically am over my issue with fugly luggage- the monokey top box is on its way and the top mounting racks are at the house to be repainted- LDFJKFUCKGLSDKJFL not having a waterproof container. I'm done with bungees and wal-mart bags. Done with it I say.

and yuengling can cure almost any ail.

:D
  18. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    When she says lots of beer she means like 4 :D