World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    I've only been impressed with the HAVOK guys in platoon. Single? No better than most of us, Gold Tank and all.
  2. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Only a few thousand XP to go until the BL10 on the ISU.

Unfortunately I'm slammed with work from now through Friday.. so likely won't happen until then :patch

Let me know how awesome it is when you unlock yours Bri! :lurk

:freaky
  3. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    No doubt - I find most Clan war guys are pretty powerful when platooned up because of their team work. Saw 3 w-a-r guys @ top tier today... all 56+% and they rolled through our team. Something like 9 kills between them and they led the push.

That said.. we did have an FYYFF round where John, Sam and I killed 13 the other day :rofl (mind you we were at Tier 6 and these guys were @Tier 9).
  4. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I probably won't have mine before you do.....took me 25 battles to generate 10K xp on the ISU tonight. I still have 20K to go. Bad teams, terribad. Didn't matter what tank I played. Every time I turned around, I was the last man standing, if arty didn't take me out first. Couldn't get a team that even half of them could keep up with me to save my life.
  5. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    Worked 8:50 AM to 10:10 PM today... no tanks were played :-(

And Wow... this new Sidewinder keyboard's keys are so much closer together... but it's a 'gaming' keyboard... I guess that means it's designed to reach keys easier?
  6. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    My app messed up, so it wasn't really 25 battles in the ISU last night....probably 15 or 16 though. I ended up 10 wins, 20 losses, 1 draw for the night overall.....pretty sad that every time I turned around, my team was wiped out because they did something stupid. Absolutely no teamwork last night at all. Most of my losses were steamrolls. Had one battle on Murovanka where the big tanks all went across the north, fought and lost on the northwest corner, and then bitched because arty didn't support them. The problem with this is that where they engaged the other team was a spot where the reds could hide on the backside of the hil from our arty.....our arty had no chance to help. Too many kids at high tier without a clue on right now.

Edit: Just looked and even with that piss poor record, I had a 1564 efficiency for the night. Probably had something to do with the Invader that I got on the draw match.
  7. kingdm54

kingdm54 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You should come try the SEA server. Lemming or base campers. They all seem to go one way and then hide until someone back doors them. It can be great fun if you are on the giving side. But very painful when you end up left all alone with 5 tanks shooting at you.

Getting ready to step up to the Easy line. just not sure if i want speed or a brawler. Don't seen much of a differance.
    I love my M4 but just get crap teams. only 47% win with it. I kill and damage lots of stuff just no support.

Any thoughts from the FYYFF group?
  8. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    I play mostly SPGs, I announce my intentions during the countdown of battle,

'Flank EAST for SPG support, plz do not rush out", sure enough all the fast moving scout move west.. and the heavies follow them.

"Short range, slow moving SPG, stay close for SPG support.", most of team rush out across the map and flank fail by the time I get within range.

"Fast moving enemy team, plz stay close and defend first." , I often get a smarta$$ reply:"RUSH!!!!!"

When teams fail as such, SPG get blamed for being campers or useless, but no one else announce their battle stradigy, how does one support the battle?

I've played RUS server for a few months last year, exposed to far more battle coordination.
  9. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I'm seeing more and more high tier griefers, too.....guys that are running Tier 8-9 tanks that just go sit off to the side and don't participate until the battle is already lost, if then. If the team wins, they get a win without firing a shot. The one I ran into last night was proud of it. His WoT name is Cyclic. He was running a E-75.....1300 battles in it with only 460ish wins. You have to try to have a win rate that bad. I can't access his profile from work or I would link it. It's so obvious that he is only in the game to screw it up for other players, yet Wargaming doesn't care. Yes, I did report him, not that it will do anything to get him banned.

Edit: Here is his WoTLab page. Running a Tier 8+ consistently with an average damage of less than 500 points. The tool has 11K+ battles....he knows what he is doing.
  10. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I went Easy8 myself. Still have it as it's a fun tank (gun laying drive and rammer for fast, marginally accurate shots). It doesn't do anything well except shoot a lot. I really don't care for the whole brawling thing and only have one heavy in my stable so I can't comment on the E2.

I was in the 3rd slot in my one Patton battle last night in Arctic. Took one shot then got hit by something that took 80% of my life so I went off to light up the opfor and dies shortly thereafter. I ended up making 800 credits and getting scout:lol3

I liked the SU85 better than the SU100.
  11. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking about starting every match by pasting into chat:

"If you are in a Heavy Tank and don't have any damage by the half way mark of this round - I will personally kill you. If you take offense to this you shouldn't be in a Heavy Tank" :D

I pushed in a TD last night and was responsible for the win while 3 heavies camped and hid by our spawn.
    At the end they all came running into the circle for the cap... all at full health.

"Thanks for the help you arsewipe heavies, please do everyone a favor and uninstall the game" is all I could think to type :rofl
  12. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I'm also getting incredibly annoyed with tanks that camp in the best TD spots, making the TD's sit out in the open....
  13. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    E-75 being a camper is fairly common, since the typical player of an E-75 knows that they have long range accuracy, poor armor, not brawler tanks.

More frustrating are the fast moving scouts with peashooters staying near spawn trying to be snipers, even refuse to move out when there are no other fast moving vehicles left on the team.
  14. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I'm fine with the E75 playing a support role...it's when they park in a spot where they won't have a shot until the red team has already eliminated the rest of us and they stay in that spot the entire battle that rubs me the wrong way.
  15. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Hence you coordinate attack plans during the countdown, communicate how far you plan to venture out on the map so support can be there for you.
    When there is no announcement, don't expect support... that's just common sense.
  16. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Enough...you know what I'm talking about. The player in question wasn't doing anything to support anybody on the team. He was worse than an AFK'er. He purposely moved his tank to a position where it would do no good and remained in that position for the entire battle. He didn't fire a shot and did no damage. He was, however, connected and paying attention for the entire battle because he was taunting people that got pissed off at him in chat. No matter what plans we tried to set up during the countdown, he wouldn't have done a thing to support those plans, because his plan was to make our team play short one tank. In the end, his wish didn't come true, because we won the battle without him.

I can stand teams of bad players who try and still get steamrolled. What I can't stand is players that either actively or passively try to sabotage their own team's chances to win. IMHO, gameplay like that warrants a permanent IP ban.
  17. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    You never know what could happen really, slow connection, slow computer, cat jumped on their lap, puppy emergency, player had to get distracted from play, etc....

Not to make excuses, but unless someone clearly states their battle plan during countdown, specifically ask for support in certain sector on map, I usually don't expect much if any support in random battles.
  18. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Cat, this guy moved as soon as the timer expired.....there is no doubt he was doing this on purpose to sabotage the team. I could care less if he supported me or not. He didn't do anything to help anyone on our team. A lie of omission is still a lie.....thus, by nothing to help the team he was on, he was in effect playing for the other team. If you don't believe me, I'd be happy to post the replay for you later. Other than that, quit being an ass. I don't need any sort of devil's advocate. What pisses me off most is to know that Wargaming won't do a thing about it.
  19. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    If I do something like that, I will explain my intentions. I don't type fast, and generally don't in game chat. My map usually loads really late and I only get a couple seconds before the battle starts.

I realized this weekend that the Tiger P does way better as a heavily armored TD than a brawler tank and I was using it that way. Rubbed a few the wrong way and if I caught too much flak I just drove to the battle without firing a shot and died. I would then point out how well that worked for the loudmouths.

Sounds like the E 75 was just being a dick. It can happen. I don't let it get to me.
  20. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    :patch

:photog

:freaky