Trans New Jersey Trail

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by rob23, Jul 12, 2007.

1. NJDRT-RDR

NJDRT-RDR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just went to the MCI website and it's not there either. He must be updating it or something.
  2. jdaniele

jdaniele Long timer

Oddometer:
    I uploaded a copy here click the link to download. Note I am just posting a copy I happen to have the originator may be updating this file. Just tryin to help out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ddovtwoqes3
  3. JerseyBiker

JerseyBiker Living the life!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for doing that!

(and for letting me know it wasn't me just missing the file!)

David in NJ
    DOC
  4. jdaniele

jdaniele Long timer

Oddometer:
    JersyBiker, Welcome to ADV I am kinda new here too Its a great site with lots of helpfull people.

Pay it forward when you can.
  5. Dirtmongrel

Dirtmongrel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^^^ No offense guys but you need glasses :huh

the link may have dissapeared from the #1 post but check post #9 and post #10 on the first page its still there and its well labeled...of course thats the '07 route but its just as fun, enjoy, ride safe, go in small groups, and respect any other groups out there. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.
  6. jdaniele

jdaniele Long timer

Oddometer:
    The google link is there. The fellas were looking for the garmin gps file to upload to there units.

Oh and i am wearing my glasses but it still does not help with my spelling.
  7. Dirtmongrel

Oddometer:

OHHHHHH, fair enough, I'll crawl back into my hole now.

Someone let me know when the ride is over :wink:
  8. rob23

rob23 on the pipe

Oddometer:
    I removed the files for now. Please don't repost the file, post it else where or spread it by email. I prefer all legitimate requests to ride the trail come through me.

Too much of a good thing can be bad. So, I'm just trying to get a count of riders of the trail and stop it from spreading like a virus.

As mentioned earlier. Please ride the trail in small groups (I prefer no more than four riders at a time), obey all rules of the forest, traffic rules and posted signs/gated roads.

There are many side trails along the route. Ridding Single track in the Pines as well as firecuts is illegal. Feel free to explore the two track trails and dirt roads but know the rules of where and how to ride and always respect private property.

I'm getting real tired of being a Nanny about this stuff and it's getting quite boring. If you need a place to ride consider joining a local enduro club as a dual sport rider. Don't make the TNJT an avenue for finding "a place to ride" that wasn't the intent of the route.

On a positive note:

I'm hosting a rundown on 6/20-6/22, with an all new route. Please try to join me then. This new route will not be made public. Please email me to participate.

2008 TNJT/NJ1000 Requirements:
    • Experienced street and off-road riders. Must have experience ridding in deep sand and through other natural obstacles
    • Experienced GPS Navigators only. Each rider must have his/her own GPS
    • Bikes must be 100% street legal, have aggressive DOT knobby tires and a fuel range of no less than 80 miles
    • Must be willing to participate the entire three days where the goal is to complete the intended route
    • This is a self guided tour. There will not be any group leaders. Starting at 7AM riders will leave in groups of two at a time every five minutes and sweep riders will leave the start by 9AM
    • This is not a race
    • All traffic and forest rules will be in effect and must be obeyed
    • Participation and GPS routes are provided at the hosts digression
    • Send Email Address, Full Name, Address and Bike Type to woodsracer23@gmail.com
  9. jdaniele

jdaniele Long timer

Oddometer:
    File removed
  10. rthuey

rthuey twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer:
    insanity is not as easy as i make it look

anyone care to take a stab at verbally describing each of the above here or in another thread?

perhaps i only think i know which is what?
  11. rob23

rob23 on the pipe

Oddometer:
    dirt/sand road = state created/maintained

two track = state or user created 4x4, bulldozer, jeep created

single track = user created hand cut trail, bike use, used for enduros

firecuts = state created/maintained, machine created, used to prevent fires from spreading, used as trails in enduros, not legal to ride otherwise

hiking trails = foot paths usually with blazes (painted colored dots on the trees). NEVER EVER ride these trails!!!

Also, know when your in a Wildlife Management Area (WMA) and when your in the State Forest. Different rules apply to each instance where the WMA have stricter rules and different users (ie: hunters vs. hikers, etc)

All state forest north of 1-95 have much stricter rules than those south. Rider beware..
  12. Dirtmongrel

Oddometer:
    A little more detail please... are these plaques on trees or just spray paint? Does the color mean anything... blue, red, white... two dots, three dots, or four?

While in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Lebanon</st1:place></st1:country-region> I've seen actual brown plaques with white writing that state Hiking Trail. Without a user manual who is supposed to know what these mysterious dots on trees are supposed to mean.

I've seen blue spray paint on trees in the middle of nowhere, but if you look up you will see a hunters tree stand... I thought it was a tracking mark for them?

13. rthuey

rthuey twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer:
    insanity is not as easy as i make it look
    so got most current version of mapsource from garmin site as suggested and good to go now rob, tanks

lookin at ver 1 dated 3/20/08

section 6-3 lists waypoints s6041 - s6061

lookin at the map though there are waypoints s6075 i guess - s6092 overlapping the same area that i can't see to find which section they belong to.

csan somoone help me sort it out?

i also am trying to invert the routes since we would be attacking from bottom up. using the invert button it does not automatically use just the waypoints selected which is causing the section to double in length. any suggestions?
  14. rob23

rob23 on the pipe

Oddometer:
    the waypoints were named manually, there may be waypoints that aren't on the route, ignore them and just ride the route

Reverse a route: inn your gps device, select a route > menu > reverse route > navigate > off-road > ride..
  15. rob23

rob23 on the pipe

Oddometer:
    true, hunters often mark the trees and use ribbons.. each park has it's own blazing system for hikking trails, the ranger office should have a hikking map if you can reference..

I know the Batona Trail uses a pink spray painted blaze. Sometimes that trail uses dirt roads which are fine to ride but when it turns into an obvious hiking trail you should stay off.
  16. rgon

rgon explore cordilleras

Oddometer:
    May I introduce myself, Ramon from Philippines. I've got my drz400 plated and street legal. Experienced riding in varying types of terrain. I am interested to join this ride but got no experience on GPS navigation.:ear

Let me qoute and answer rob23's reqmts:
    2008 TNJT/NJ1000 Requirements:
    • Experienced street and off-road riders. Must have experience ridding in deep sand and through other natural obstacles - yes, done lots of technical trails in my homeland
    • Experienced GPS Navigators only. Each rider must have his/her own GPS - i am not and does not own GPS (will try to acquire once fund is avbl, paging good samaritan i need gps :lol3 )
    • Bikes must be 100% street legal, have aggressive DOT knobby tires and a fuel range of no less than 80 miles - yes
    • Must be willing to participate the entire three days where the goal is to complete the intended route - willing
    • This is a self guided tour. There will not be any group leaders. Starting at 7AM riders will leave in groups of two at a time every five minutes and sweep riders will leave the start by 9AM -now here is my problem. ..can someone make me as a dependent (as a third rider in a group) for this ride, i mean for the navigation only, i'll be riding behind and from time to time the rider ahead is willing to check my presence thru rear view mirror? and will this be, riding without a GPS, acceptable to the host, rob23?
    • This is not a race - noted
    • All traffic and forest rules will be in effect and must be obeyed - will abide
    thank you for your feedback :freaky

17. Sandflea

Sandflea One Lump or Two?

Oddometer:
    In 24 hours?? Don't make me laugh. Your talking 1000 miles. I want to see you do a road ride on the highway for 1000 miles in 24 hours first before you think it's so doable. You guys were totally knackered on the third day, can you imagine doing that continuously without sleep? Paris to Dakar riders don't do 1000 miles in 24 hours, and they are WFO.
    I would be up for an endurance ride to do the whole thing non-stop, but would rather skip all the road stuff north of Rt195 and start off at Midnight on a Friday at the WaWa on 537, that's doable in 24 hours and you have Sunday to rehydrate. Starting off at night will be the equalizer!
  18. oggi

oggi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    is there anywhere to park near wawa, to leave overnight, like a Target or some other big place
  19. rob23

rob23 on the pipe

Oddometer:
    NO, NO NIGHT RIDE!!!

You guys are always trying to make this into a race, tourture test or some other bullshit and now a night ride?

WTF, go start your own event somewhere else and stop hijacking my thread!

Besides, WMA and some parks close after dark :deal

It's fine and challenging enough the way it is!

With a 1000 miles to ride and the longest periods of daylight for the year 6/20-6/22 you'll have plenty of time to make it as far south as you can during the day.

Please stop trying to cannonball run my event! your like a bunch of chimps!

Please no more suggestions. Create your own route and host your own ride in your own damn thread!
  20. dave-g

dave-g n00b

Oddometer:
    I sent you an e-mail- let me know if there is room for one or two more.