The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. positron007

positron007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I installed Protaper EVO bars (Reed bend) with big bar adapters.
    I have also got Acerbis trifit hand guards, but thinking of going to something a bit more heavy duty.

Regarding oil, I extracted the oil from genetically modified soy beans then broke it in on the breast of Pamela Anderson afterwards I put it under high vacuum to remove all oxygen. Runs like a dream :rofl
  2. Buckshot77

Buckshot77 Adventurer

Oddometer:

lol awesome!

waiting on a set of cr high pro tapers hope it turns out like that

and how did u get my secret oil recipe?
  3. Wanderlustking

Wanderlustking ___

Oddometer:
    Thanks just placed my order!
  4. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie High-Tech Meets Low Class Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lake Isabella, CA USA / Mai Chau, Vietnam
    I don't see it being any issue, your dealer is full of shit. No need to worry about clutch switch or having a full battery, at least based on my experience. .

I have push started the LRP before, no problem. Same on my Husa before I went to a Shorai battery. On a particularly difficult trail in Death Valley Nancy stalled or dropped the bike enough times to wear out the battery before it could get charged from riding with all the starts. The starter would just click but it did indeed start once I got it going down a hill in 4th gear.
    I think either the little fuel pump motor doesn't require many watts and/or while push starting the bike produces enough power to pressurize the FI system enough to start.
    The sun had already set, the headlight was very dim but got normal bright as soon as the motor started turning over from the bump start, before it actually started.

Of course YRMV. (:
  5. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bump starting, no problem. Not a low gear, the tire will just skid, I think 3rd or higher.
  6. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are you guys, and gals seeing any other CRF's around where you are? I have seen only one other here ride by while not on my bike. I went to an open house today at Twisted Throttle, which is the sort of event that brings in a lot of bikes, and my CRF was the only one there, though there was a CB250. I'm talking about free admission, burgers, dogs, chips, lemonade, and a show by Teach McNeil. I wasn't counting bikes, but many, many bikes there. Youtube Teach, if you've never seen him.
  7. Buckshot77

Buckshot77 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I haven't seen any L's either..my dealer sold a bunch of garage princesses too!
    Lotsa guys ride these things real hard,never a scratch tho.
    I think they're all hiding,maybe I'll see ya out there!
  8. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Easily attached to the side racks. When the IMS tank shows up, I'll have 5 gallons on board. :wink: I'll put the bags on in a couple days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
  10. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's the shifter...mine just arrived...fits perfect, and it appears this CRF150R is the only one that fits theCRF250L....no steel one. There are no alignment dots...so it might takes a couple tries to get it where you want it. I replaced the ungraded bolt with a real 8.8, and I added a nylock because there was room for it.

Now where is a matching folding brake pedal that's a tad higher? Maybe I gotta create one.....as a folding tip is available at Rocky Mtn ATV
  11. jab1026

jab1026 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greetings from Philippines
    Nice set up you have bro.. Looks like you are preparing for one long ride..

Sir, may I know what set of tires are you using? thanks
  12. SugarDust

SugarDust Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer:
    I have - no issues whatsoever - I typically disable all the safety interlocks for off road riding...they have caused issues in the passed and I've learned from experience to disable them...
  13. Buckshot77

Buckshot77 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like it too.
    That tip is really strong.
    And the shifter itself is soft,I've had it bent at near 90 and straightened it right back out.
    Was it a good price at rmatv?
    I lucked out,my dealer is no help with parts but they are really cool,if they have something in a package you'd like to see they rip it open and tell you you can try it on the showmodel!!!
    I just tried shifters off the wall till I found one that fit.
    He opened 4 shifters.

About the folding brake tip....I like where your going with this....is it a good price?
  14. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I have a nebulous idea of going on a long ride someday. It's that whole work thing. It is nice to have the option of carrying a lot of petrol. The tires are Kenda 761's.
  15. Wanderlustking

Wanderlustking ___

Oddometer:
    just for size reference is that a 2 gallon or 1.75 gallon sized tool case?
  16. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tony,
    Have you tried the E-12's on there with the side Rotopax? And what wheel weights are those? Thanks!

Eric
  17. Auto-X Fil

Auto-X Fil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I swapped one of the LRPs to 12/42 gearing yesterday. The 12t does not seem to cause any swingarm rubbing. I was going to go 13/45 or 13/48 on this bike, but that requires replacing the chain. This uses the stock length chain, which is may or may not wear out quickly. If it does - then I'll go with the bigger sprockets on the next chain.

I really like this gearing. 55-60mph is comfy and quiet, and 65mph is tolerable for short distances. It'll still do 70-75mph when wound out, if you need to overtake.

Off-road, it's almost as low as I'd need. For a bike that rarely sees 50mph+, I'd still go 13/48, but this first gear let me chug out of pretty much anything. I also get to spend more time in 2nd and 3rd, and the tighter effective spacing between the gears means that shifting up or down is less likely to result in screaming revs or lugging. Combined with a new Kenda Trakmaster on the rear, the LRP feels much more like a dirtbike.
  18. G19Tony

G19Tony Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe it's the 2 gallon size. I didn't know they made a smaller toolbox. :huh

I have the E-12's and I think they were made for bikes without racks. I'm going to be using the Monarch Pass bags on this bike. The wheel weights are the crimp on kind. :freaky
  19. ANutt

ANutt Old Timer

Oddometer:
    Just learned we'll be doing 4 days on the BRP in a couple of weeks. Anyone know of a good rear rack for my son's CRF250L that is IN STOCK? Short notice, so can't wait for one to be made.
    Big as possible to handle a duffle bag. Thanks for any info.
  20. Bake

Bake adventurer

Oddometer:
    I like the seat you're running, Tony, would you tell me about it? thanks