Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chuck, How long are you planning on being out riding? Any ETA on Richmond arrival that afternoon? I might be able to go...I'll call you if I can.
  2. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just a few hours Eddy. We already know the roads/routes to take. Friday we explored and we were out longer.

We will meet at 10:30AM and be on the first trail/road 15 minutes later. Essentially the play area is between Rtes 14 and 17, so at any given time someone could boot scoot home to Richmond via 30/360.
  3. skychs

skychs chuck smith Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Eddy,
    What ever you do .... bring your waterproof boots. :freaky Its a great way to practice water crossings and slippery footing.

I agree with JHVA. A couple hours is all you need. Its a quick ride over there and back but lots of fun in between. I got the GoPro all charged up and ready to go.
  4. SRMN8R

SRMN8R Down & Out

Oddometer:
    Y'all have fun to day, and be careful! Lot's of hunters will be out, and the deer will most likely be VERY active today.

Jimmy
  5. BillsburgGS

BillsburgGS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't make it again today due to prior commitments but those were some really fun roads. It's probably be a little easier for you guys today as my sideways sliding flattened out so many of the tougher portions :wink:.

After my last fall I actually listened to Chuck's advice on how to ride through the muck and didn't fall again. I was thinking of naming my bike Das Boat.
  6. DirtDoctor

DirtDoctor Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry I missed all the fun in the mud yesterday.Also will have to miss today.Hope you guys have fun and I'll join you next time.
  7. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    We can wait a bit after 1030 if any of you let us know you are on your way, etc
  8. MrSandman818

MrSandman818 INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Oddometer:
    I really need to fix my bike! FML. Ive had the itch to ride for too long.
  9. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    While some of yinz were out playing in the mud, figured I grab a couple Connie engines that had been temporarily moved for a spell:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and, do a little earthquake repair while the weather was so nice:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dusty, nasty work, but someone has to do it. :lol3

And yes, I did wear a respirator mask to keep the cement dust outta my lungs. :deal

EDIT: Done. Ready for the next shake, rattle, and roll:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:

Nice roll around table...I take it you sprayed the casters down good...:D

thanks for helping me clean my garage, I apreciate it.

just so you know, those Northern Tool supply flip up wheel chocks ARE THE BOMB!!! best spent money I have invested.

Super secure feeling, roll on, it flips up and viola.

if anyone needs one, NOW is the time to grab one, they have 7 more on Midlo store, and if you go online, and print out the price and data sheet, you get $10 bucks off!!! make them honor the price at the store.
    $49.99 regularly $59.99, even if you just bolt it to a piece of plywood, the bike will stand upright without needing any support, a nice thing for adding to a lift also......
  11. skychs

Oddometer:
  12. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, you apparently flattened out quite a few places and it was easy riding today. The water wasn't as deep but still quite slick. Actually less hunters on the forest roads today.

Chuck and I did some exploring and found a few more roads.

It was a good run today!

Nice Video Chuck. :D
  13. skychs

Oddometer:
  14. roger123

roger123 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you haven't been there I highly recommend it. The place is really cool, the building is built from old recycled material from the Richmond area (post and beams, bricks, wood, etc.). Absolutely beautiful construction and craftsmanship.

Tour and tasting is $8/person. Highly recommended it just for the tour, I'm not much into wine but the place is very cool.
  15. Guy Young

Guy Young Long timer

Oddometer:
    IIRC - That place was a tag in one of the games awhile back. Been by it several times, but have never stopped.

16. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's also 'our' new show grounds for the Central Virginia British Car Club.

New Kent, Hanover, King William, upper Gloucester, King and Queen has some really great back roads to explore. :D
  17. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for a great day Chuck. Look forward to finding more roads out that way. :D

Me thinks niceviewbehindbars has been holding out on us, since he lives nearby...:evil
  18. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I am asking you all if any of you could please lend some assistance to help me load a couple BIG bikes on a truck. I have to accomplish getting both Concours's, my KZ1000, and a small suzuki, rolled up the ramp and into a U-Haul truck for palatizing on Saturday Dec 3rd, about 11 a.m., I have a fear that between Guy and Myself, we may be over our heads (it really sucks getting old...I'm talking about me, not Guy :lol3) , especially if it's wet/raining that day. Should only take an hour with a couple extra hands, I sure would apreciate anyone helping. Please p/m me if you can spare an hour next weekend, I'm on the King William /Hanover /Caroline junction point for location.

thanks in advance.
  19. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool video Chuck. Maybe next time.

I am free until around 4:00 PM. Anybody up for a ride?
  20. jwray76

jwray76 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    what tires were you guys running on that mud run, and did you air down?