Alans Get Off/Progress Report

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by liv2rydktms, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Even around the world prayers for you two. So gad that you were together and were able to get help right away! :clap

Will wait for new updates.

:ricky
  2. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thane and Gary came by last night, and it was so nice to see them, they both have new mid sized dual sports now, so we enjoyed visiting about the merits of mid sized bikes, tires, and what we all had been doing since we camped with them a month ago! These visits are really lifting Alan's spirits if you have time to visit you will find the hosp info. on the IAMC website. :wink:
  3. Mr. Vintage

Mr. Vintage Family Dude Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thinking of you both - get well soon Alan!
  4. MortimerSickle

MortimerSickle Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rainville, Orygun, where moss is a road hazard.
    More than 24 hours now since the latest status report.

How's he doing, Katy? :ear
  5. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    For the Dr. to come in and let us know how his lungs are today, however there has been no chest Xray today, I am very anxious and my sweetheart is getting a little frustrated, but Drs. have there own agenda!! Thank you for asking, I will post an update on the original post ASAP. We're waitin you know what that means :ddog
  6. Idarider

Idarider R1200GS

Oddometer:
    Thank you Katy
  7. s1marks

s1marks Mercedes

Oddometer:
    Wishing you a speedy recovery Alan. Sorry to hear you are going through this. Hang in there Katy!

Mark
  8. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    Update 7/6: So the Dr. finally showed up and listened to Alan's lungs, he indicated everything looks good, and Alan may get to go home Thurs, however for that to happen the IV blood thinner must be discontinued and he must transition to an oral blood thinner and the medication must be at the proper level to effectively work, this will be monitored with blood tests. We are a little more relaxed now.
  9. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    We certainly enjoyed our visit with you :clap and so appreciate that you came back this PM after being turned away at lunch time.
  10. oldmonkeybut

oldmonkeybut Flatulent Supporter

Oddometer:
    DISCLAIMER: Suitability of any roads or trails mentioned in my ride reports are given from the view point of me and my wife (two old grandparents of moderate riding ability) and may or may not be applicable to your personal situation. Be mature, ride within your own abilities.

Sorry to hear your Beemer bit you! Glad it wasn't worse and that you were able to get help in a timely fashion. Keep your tips up and heal fast!
    I'll be pulling for you and patiently waiting for another stellar ride report from you guys. Katy make sure he behaves himself and fully heals up. That is the voice of experience speaking. Monkeywife has to use a pretty big club sometimes to get me to listen.<!-- / sig -->
  11. MortimerSickle

Oddometer:
    This part, I like.
  12. Mustangshelly

Mustangshelly Adventurer...hardly

Oddometer:
    The laboratory technologist in me must give you a recommendation. Warfarin therapy is highly dependant on a patient's vitamin K intake. It doesn't mean that you can't eat things high in vitamin K, it just means that you have to be VERY consistent with your diet. When a patient's protimes bounce around a lot, it's usually due to their diet. If Alan is consistent with his diet, his warfarin dose will not have to be adjusted as much. Remember, it IS rat poison after all, and you don't want to mess with that.:D
  13. MortimerSickle

Oddometer:
    So, Steep finds out that poison is actually good for him? Sounds about right. :D
  14. magoolin

magoolin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So glad to hear that Alan is doing a bit better. James and I wish for a speedy recovery. We will keep watching for updates. Take care.
  15. IDRIDR

IDRIDR Take me to the River

Oddometer:
    Here's another who's been watching and offering thoughts and prayers. Those titanium rods aren't so bad. Much better than weeks in traction. Take care, both of you!
  16. cbmma1969

cbmma1969 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No problem on the coming back. Having been in Alan's situation I understood oh to well... (there's just not a smiley that seems to fit here)
    Here's hoping the get the blood thinner dialed in quickly and he can make his escape soon. I second OMB's advice, once you escape from the institution boredom sets in quickly and you want to do more than you should. Slow down, take it easy and remember your brain may say your still 25 and spring back quickly but the body may say otherwise.
  17. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    NO truer statement; that's what happend to me. So follow the advice of "taking it Easy" and heal.
  18. liv2rydktms

liv2rydktms Long timer

Oddometer:
    We'll be checking this out on the internet, thanks for the insight! :confused
  19. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
    You'll also want to get a genetic test done for variations in CYP2C9 and VKORC1. About 30% of the population has a mutation that makes them either very rapid metabolizers of coumadin, so the drug never reaches effective levels, or slow metabolizers, so the drug builds up to toxic levels in the body. Most insurance programs will cover such a test now.

A little overview: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1733331-overview
  20. Easy-Z

Easy-Z Me wanna be

Oddometer:
    Marcin, is there anything you DON'T know?