I pulled the triger and shot him down

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by GSguy, Sep 3, 2005.

1. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    I'm still waiting for my Corbin to show up :cry Along with another big box of toys from TT's on line store.
  2. gentry

gentry For Reasons Unknown...

Oddometer:
    they take up to three weeks...

when are you bringing that new ride out??? The Duvall run is next weekend isnt it??
  3. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    Yea they said it should show up on thursday.

I should be there for Duvall 3 this Saurday, if the new stuff shows up or not. I'll ride the bike nekid if I have to, that is the bike will not have the new stuff on it yet but I will wear pants and maybe a shift. :lol3
  4. gentry

Oddometer:

you running stock gearing on that?
  5. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    Yea have not changed anything around right now.
  6. gentry

Oddometer:
    I got a new rear sprocket but I think Ill leave it stock for the Duvall run.... knobbies are about shot and I dont have time this week so Ill probably make next week their last run and just air them down....

you put skid plates on it?
  7. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    One of the box's to show up. At min I want to have the skid plate on. I went with the Tonns racing 1/4" thick. The CFC's were on a vender back order but the guy from TT said I should see them this Thursday. I stoped by Eastside and got some hand guards there a shade off from the new Susuki screaming chicken yellow but there okay. I have visions of me staying up late Friday night trying to get all this stuff on the bike for Saturday and then sleeping through my alarm.

Oh the radiator guards came in yesterday but I'm waiting for the tank to show up before taking it apart to put those on. The carb kit will be here in a couple of days but I will wait untill november/december to do the carb and air box mod.

Right now I'm looking at rear racks and when kind of bag will fit what kind of rack. So if there is any feed back out there or pictures I'd love to see them.
  8. gentry

Oddometer:

wow.....you make me feel like I abuse my bike.....

I want dirtbagz for mine.... right now I just bungie crap to the back of it....
  9. bluesurf

bluesurf en dos ruedas

Oddometer:
    No, I've been out in the boonies, riding.... :lol3
  10. bluesurf

bluesurf en dos ruedas

Oddometer:
    Softbags have a really bad habit of getting ripped off on the trail. I run the Happy Trails rack system with Givi E41's (toploading rocks). some pics are in the Mexico folder on my smugmug account (https://bluesurf.smugmug.com)

I don't recommend the E model base gasket; doing so will require running higher octane gas....not a good thing when out really adventuring.

I'm currently running 14/48 gearing and like it a lot....can toss on the 15 front for highway riding and cruise at 70 all day when necessary. I've also run 13 front (with a 45 rear), but found it too twitchy in low-speed conditions...it's also much harder on the shaft, especially when pulling up the front.
  11. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    James, I see the side bags, how much you pay for a set up like that? What do you have under all that stuff on the back holding the stuff on the bike? Is there a rack under there? I'm looking for a rear rack/bag set up kind of like what I have on the back of the gs or what Tony has on his KLR.
  12. bluesurf

bluesurf en dos ruedas

Oddometer:
    The E41 bags are about $150/set. The Happy Trails rack system was ~$300, iirc, for the full wrap-around bag supporting racks and the top rack that you can't quite see. The top rack has multiple bungie net connection points, as well as tabs that will take a givi topcase mount.....I can take a picture of the top rack in naked form later today and email/post up if you would like.
  13. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    If you get time, it sounds like you have a little work to do so you can make it to Duvall 3 and eat bad food. :lol3
  14. bluesurf

bluesurf en dos ruedas

Oddometer:
    piccy, with wear and grime

[​IMG]
  15. GSguy

GSguy Here's a quarter.

Oddometer:
    James, you said that was the happy trails rack and then the panner mounts. I think I looked at that on there web site, looks strong and adds some protection for the side of the bike.
  16. gentry

Oddometer:
    James - what Tyres are you running? My Dunlops are about done. I might eke Duvall III out of them but time for new ones....
  17. bluesurf

bluesurf en dos ruedas

Oddometer:
    Yes, they work well under duress.
  18. bluesurf

bluesurf en dos ruedas

Oddometer:
    I've been very happy with the MT-21's.