Aussie 950/990 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by OZyankee, Jan 5, 2005.

1. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    Should be on the EICMA stand along with the much awaited new XR 700 sometime later this year... :smooch
  2. KASUYAHO

KASUYAHO Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool so the XR700 comes out next year with the KTM1200R :thumb

I wonder if the XR700 will have an e-start ?
  3. Big Willy

Big Willy Gen. Italia

Oddometer:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you may be able to adjust throttle response through the ECU...I know I can on my 690 Super Motard. F1 I think is the soft setting for your bike.

The electrically opened butterflys open less at a given hand throttle opening.Of course, at full revs/ throttle, they open fully once again.

This combined with a slightly lower gearing on my 690 has transformed it's rideability and enjoyment.:clap

You can get OBDII cables off the net and with a bit of study and use of Tune ECU, experiment with different mappings all for free.
  4. Mawscode

Mawscode Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys, proud owner of a new 990r, still have a 300exc as well, looking to get into the adventure scene well and truely, have a mate with a new 690r with the same ambitions, live caboolture area always keen to hit the dirt when time permits, sing out if any of youse blokes are heading out
  5. choccoloco

choccoloco Cabin Fever....

Oddometer:
    In OC the guys with TuneECU go into that sort of detail. I don't think mine needs it.

What I feel will make it just that much better at slow speed is going for a 16 tooth. I'm really enjoying this bike.
  6. El Ponkin

El Ponkin Bloodrunner

Oddometer:
    Check out the Maidenwell ride thread there will be a lot of locals on that, should be a good chance to meet a lot of people in one hit. There is also a Team Moto Adventure ride in June so just check out their website for details.
    Andy
  7. mickd

mickd crash test dummie

Oddometer:
    OMG I AM THINKING OF BUYING ANOTHER 990ADV PLEASE HELP:lol3
  8. boy60

boy60 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What batteries are inmates using in there 950s. I need a new battery for my 950 and was hoping I could get some input. Thanks.:clap
  9. MymoJoe

MymoJoe Ride Ride Ride

Oddometer:
    Fernvale QLD not close enough to the desert
    did you sell your Tenere?

10. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    I think you should just hire a different bike each time you want to go on a ride. :lol3
  11. Meico640

Meico640 Banned

Oddometer:
    There are 2 990ADV in Dalby Moto, 10 LE brand new & a 11
    Pm me with yr mob & I'll send you a photo of each
  12. mickd

mickd crash test dummie

Oddometer:
    CRUZ
    :lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3

mortaygo

yes the little ten has gone,

ive had a few test rides in the past week,love the idea of the 690 but when i think about what i will be doing with it.its not for me,had a ride on a xc800 and also the super ten,but again just not my cup of tea,so it could be the 990 again,all i need to do is sort out that bloody surging:lol3 and i will be a very happy adv rider
  13. choccoloco

Oddometer:
    Mine was noticeable only with a constant throttle under 4K in traffic. G2 helped that alot. It's not that noticeable now, only when going too slow, but it can be worked around.

The 2012R I test rode was very smooth the whole time.

I think when you ride a 990 just hold the throttle at a constant & see how it reacts, From what I've heard it's a hit or miss with if a 990 does it, and how bad....

On another note, my 990 is going to be short lived. I'm going to have to let it go. Need to make changes due to my youngest health. Have to bring myself to put it on the market.
  14. Jassky

Jassky n00b

Oddometer:
    Choccoloco, those are terrible circumstances. Hope it all works out and you get to keep your new bike, or a replacement before too long.
  15. choccoloco

Oddometer:
    Thanks but it's been a long road. Will try not to "overshare".... otherwise skip through now...

Just before my son was diagnosed I was about to buy new, near 2 yrs ago. He's been doing really well for the last 9 months so now it was time to move on. Then in last few days our house has been assessed & way too much money will be required to fit it out to be wheel chair friendly. So... easier to find another home that will require less work. So money that was aside for the 2nd car to help with taking the older boy to kindergarten now needs to go into the new home fund..... but we still need car no.2.... so the payoff is sell the 990, buy a cheap car, buy something like a DR (for now).

But I'll definitely be back, it's such a great bike, I have some time before I sell so I'm not in a hurry to do it. :wink:
  16. mickd

mickd crash test dummie

Oddometer:
    forgive me but can any of the adv guys and girls help in anyway with putting in a wheel chair access, i will give as much time as possible with my tools and labour for you and your family,
    can we get together some chippies,builders etc that will give up some of there time for a fellow inmate,:clap:clap

pm me if you wish for me to delete this

all the very best mickd
  17. boy60

boy60 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    or does anyone have a cheap car? I feel it should stay mickd. All the best with your son.

Cheers boy60
  18. Dale950

Dale950 Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. choccoloco

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. I very much appreciate it.
    This was a long battle we originally thought we were loosing, so for us now we are extremely grateful for his current well being.
    As far as access, that's only part of the problem, just think of every walkway, entrance to the bathroom & the rest.
    The 2nd car also needs to accommodate his current equipment, not that small.... my prado just fits the gear we have to take now.
    Anyway, I don't want to be selfish. it will only be short term (couple of years....hopefully). Like I said before though, I have some time to hang on to it & maybe organise what we're going to do, I did after all just put 12 months rego on it...

So for the time being I'll just have to go on a few rides...
  20. DRjoe

DRjoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    well I had a go on a 950se today which was a huge mistake because now I real realy want one.
    So much power

Any way do these bikes have some kind of AIS on them that can be disconected to stop poping on decel?