Flat tire prevention! TyreGuardian Puncture Protection System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GB, Jul 3, 2010.

1. blender

blender Just another rider

Oddometer:
    What the h*ll? I tried to order from the web site but you don't ship to Wisconsin (53704)? As much as I'd like to try this, doesn't look like I'll be a customer.
  2. Max Bialystock

Max Bialystock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just saw this, sorry for the delay. I will pass this on immediately. My apologies for your trouble. I'll let you know when I hear back.
    Jim
  3. walkergreenlabel

walkergreenlabel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    it was mentioned that both water and dirt/powder in the tire or tube will casue issues with the liquid bonding with the inside of the tire or tube.

In preparation for new tires, tubes and Tyreshield installation i took the core out of the new tube and pushed the air out of the tube. there was powder coming out with the air. I suspect its mold release or to prevent the tube from sticking to iteself. How do you remove the powder from the tube to ensure suscess of the product?? already have the 1 L bottle but want to make sure it doesn't ball up like others have had.

thanks
  4. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    You have already done more than I when Tyreshield was installed into my Road Kings tires.

I have spoke wheels and tubes. The dealer did not try to remove what was inside the new tubes. He just installed Tyreshield and aired the tires up. He did have a water/condensation filter on his compressor. Water is the real enemy.

The install was March of last year. No problems and my tubes have not lost any air and of course no flats. I check pressure prior to riding. Sounds to me like you are good to go! Thanks for using Tyreshield.
    Ride Safe,:D
    Jim
  5. switchback

switchback Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer:
    Bought some Tyreshield last year. Unfortunately I have 3/4 of a bottle left and doubt I will use it again. I developed a serious imbalance in my front tire with no evidence that any wheel weights were lost. Can't confirm anything till I replace the tire in a few weeks but I suspect the goo. We will see what happens but may think the repair kit is the way to go for me in the future. I will provide an update when I can.
  6. Autobahn

Autobahn Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I suspect you'll find this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I probably rode for a few thousand miles after the application. The balance slowly deteriorated over time, and it was fortunate timing as it became totally unacceptable at the same time as I needed to replace the tires anyway.

I found the clumps of "goo" inside the tire and what remained on the tire was not going to be effective in preventing a flat tire.

The installation instructions are clear....the tire must be dry and remain dry. And there was obviously moisture in the tire. I did not install the product when the tires were new, so there is a good possibility that the moisture was there at the time of installation. So I wrote it off as a learning experience.

My intent is not to slam the product, but to point out the effect of moisture. Will I use it again? Only if I could guarantee that my source of compressed air is always dry.
  7. switchback

Oddometer:
    Mine was worse! The latex was balled up into balls stuck to two points within the tire. The product is truely snake oil and NOT recommended. It did not adhere to the tire and even if it did there is no way possible it will prevent a puncture. Perhaps in the first few days to weeks it is soft enough to fill a hole but doubtful. Do not buy this product. If you want to try something tests using Ride-on at least worked and there may be other products that work but I will rely only on plugs from now on. I f someone wants the rest of my large bottle they can have it. Worst thing I ever bought period. Did I say it doesn't work!
  8. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:

Sorry for your bad luck. I have used the product for a while and it works fine if you put it into a clean moisture free tire.

I had a similar experience to yours in a car tire. The product rolled up into a tennis ball size of goop. I could feel it bouncing around in the tire as I drove. I cleaned the tire out and reapplied. Around 10,000miles of trouble free driving before I put new tires on the car..

By the way the product has been on the market for years in Australia in all types of vehicles with success.
    Ride safe,
    Max
  9. switchback

Oddometer:
    I live in Utah, we have no moisture here.

Max, the last thing I want to do is remount a tire every 3000 miles (in my experience). Still, with how hard this stuff gets there is still no way it will seal a hole after curing. Enough said, and read my other posts in the Vendor section, I give credit where it is earned. Not here to bash any person or product without warrant.
  10. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    I understand. I may have sounded defensive but truly it has performed for me. I have taken a seal pick (like a small ice pick) and punctured the left front tire on my car at least ten times for sales demonstrations. The product splutters out for a few seconds and that is the end of it. Sealed without any leakage. I put around 6,000 miles on the tire while demonstrating without any harm to the tire.

I still use the product in my bikes tubes. I never have to add air after the bike sits for a while. I'm sorry for your trouble with the product. Thanks for your input and ride safe!
    Jim
  11. PopQuiz

PopQuiz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Max, I see the Canadian flag on your site, does that mean I can buy the product here in Canada (if so where) or that you ship to Canada. I read this entire thread and I have tubes (990) so anything that helps to reduce the chance of repair on the side of the road/trail is worth a few bucks.

Cheers
  12. Max Bialystock

Oddometer:
    I hate to not be able to answer your question. I am not longer a part of the Tyreshield family. I have stepped into semi retirement, still building a few websites for small business. Send an email to them on their website to find out.

I still use the product in my tires and am happy with it.
    Ride safe,
    Max
  13. bobbybeemer

bobbybeemer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I used it in my TKC's on my 1150GS, I cleaned and dried the tire inside before mounting and added product as directed. Never needed the protection as didn't have any punctures, but when we dismounted the tire Holy Shit the rotten smell and the stuff was in clumps and only in a very narrow area at the crown of the tire. As far as my two cents the shit is worthless.
  14. amurp18

amurp18 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know what happened to www.tyreguardian.com?
    Or where I can buy some of this?
    Or if they went out of business, does anyone know of a similar dependable product?
  15. bobbybeemer

bobbybeemer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am sure he closed up shop. As the product was crap. Better to invest in a small compressor and a plug kit.
  16. OldPete

OldPete Be aware

Oddometer: