LED Auxiliary Lights

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Aug 5, 2010.

1. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Winter is coming, I will take him out one of these rainy days :evil:evil:D
  2. OzRider64

OzRider64 Friggen slow Adventurer.

Oddometer:
    G'day John,

Have read your post where you said my lights had traces of burning on the circuit boards, possibly from cheap HID lights.

I am running a DDM 35W system on my main headlight only, probably not the best quality HID on the market, but others on this site seem to be running them with your lights with no problems.

The model 44's are connected through a PC8 fuse block with a relay and a Cyclenutz mini switch to turn the lights on and off.

How is this voltage spike occurring. Does it happen on start up, because the lights are only turned on after this bike has been running a couple of minutes or does it happen during the running cycle of the bike.

I had a chat to a mate of mine who is a auto electrician and told him my problem and he said to me that my 44's are running through a separate fuse block and relay and I should have no problems.

Both of us are scratching our heads on this one.

Worse comes to worse I will install a HID50 unit into my bike which I have had taken off my previous beast, all I have to do is change the globe to a H7 and I will see how that goes.

I wont re-install these model 44's on my bike till I get this sorted, I don't want to damage them again.

I hope you can clear this up for me.

Simon.
  3. mastergunnera8

mastergunnera8 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello,

Looking to see if someone can help me piece something together for a 2010 Harley Road Glide? These lights look AWESOME!!

Thanks!!!
  4. DirtRider....

DirtRider.... Wandering Turtle

Oddometer:
    What battery does that light run on and what is the connection on the battery (deans or other)?
  5. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Simon,

HID lights use AC downstream of the booster box. In some units it can be as high as 35,000 volts. The voltage can leak from connectors and/or through deterioration of the wiring insulation.

After troubleshooting an HID setup I had a few years back, I took them off the bike. Unfortunately the noise took out the OEM clock and fuel level sensor.

Some folks have had no issues, I have seen several LED lights that have been cooked by aftermarket HIDs, which is why our warranty does not cover installs with HID lights.
  6. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Give me a call or email

John
    sandjoh@gmail.com
    954 993 5581
  7. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Uses a lithium ion which is also waterproof. It can run off your motorcycle as well. Here is one side of the connector:

[​IMG]

Connector is waterproof but designed to come apart so wiring is not damaged.
  8. spagthorpe

spagthorpe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shouldn't a large zener diode (plus resister) in line with the LED voltage solve this?
  9. FishinBIG

FishinBIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :clapOrder placed for 2 model 60's and rotary dimmer.
  10. farrington300

farrington300 No wait....What?

Oddometer:
    Anyone using the headlight replacement kit? I am thinking of adding one to my husky.

Also, Sanjon, can you sell the headlight replacement kit without holes drilled in it? I think I can get two lights in there. Or can you make a custom one for me?
  11. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your business.

Get one, you will be amazed. Every customer thus far has been extremely pleased with the drop in and shocked by the light output. Everytime I turn on the high beam I laugh:D

Two lights will not fit in the stock husky setup. I do have the KTM drop in which will fit most 4" square headlight masks, and it will take 2 lights!

If you ship me a mask, I'll make a drop in that handles 2 lights as long as there is adequate space.
  12. SpeedyK

SpeedyK Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking of putting a set of your lights on my fairing, want to use them as DRL as well as night enhancement. Does it make sense to put a 30 spot on the outside and a flood on the traffic side? Or could I do two 30's? I want visibility in day and distance at night. Someone probably asked this 100 pages ago, sorry if I don't feel like digging, working on wiring now so I'll be ready for whatever I buy.

Plan is for them to come on with HB, and also have an override switch for DRL use, I'm assembling the relay setup now to test with cheapo WM lights. In my particular case it's easier to integrate it to the headlight relay upgrade I just did.

Thanks for suggestions on which ones.
  13. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Model 30s will work fine for you. You should consider one of our LED controllers. Let's you set a dimmed setting for being seen (you will need to dim them at night in traffic) and gives you full power with a flick of your high beam switch. We also offer a free PnP harness when you buy a set of lights with a controller.
  14. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    John,

I would like to kindly ask if the internals of the lights will be ok in the long run or if it would be better to open the light and put some silicone over the cicuit. Is there any possibility that the cicuit is damaged due to vibrations when you are racing the bike over very hard terrain ?
  15. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would not hesitate to run the lights over any terrain. All interior components are secured. Many customers are running the drop in lights as their primary light, failure is not an option.

[​IMG]

I've run the SE a couple of thousand miles in the last month thru everything from single track to the slab, without issue (except the fuel milage sucks:D).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    Where did you get the fairing with the dual lights.
    It would be perfect on my 690, with your lights of course.

Max
  17. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here ya go. Not on the website yet, give em a call or email for details. Available in black or white.

John
    sandjoh@gmail.com
  18. SpeedyK

SpeedyK Lone Rider

Oddometer:
    Thank you.
  19. farrington300

farrington300 No wait....What?

Oddometer:
    Just ordered the husky drop in headlight, a couple of 60s, and some hd brackets for another bike. Lookin forward to some night rides this winter.
  20. michigan400

michigan400 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK, so I scrapped the Trail Tech X2 and LED idea. Could not aim the lights well and I figured air flow would be a big problem in the summer the way the backs are enclosed. I put the stock H4 headlight back on so I have a regular, traffic friendly low beam. I then mounted the Model 30 on the left hand guard and a Model 44 on the right, both with small pcs. of aluminum angle.

1st set of pics came out looking brighter than what you actually see but not by much. The 2nd set shows very accurate color and brightness but the focus is all blurry but you get a good idea between the 2 sets. Either set will show these lights make a tremendous difference in your ability to see at night. Just the 2 LED's (1 30 and 1 44) are enough to ride with at night on the street and be comfy going 50-55mph. Great lights at an even better price!! Thanks, ADVmonster! Oh ya,, these guys will have whatever you order on your doorstep by the time you close the your browser from ordering. Super fast delivery.

H4 low beam shown. 1st pic is to bright, 2nd is correct but blurry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

H4 high beam. Same deal, 1st is showing bright 2nd is correct color and brightness but blurry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 Model 44 only. Same deal as above pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 Model 44 and 1 Model 30. Same thing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

H4 high beam, 1 Model 44 and 1 Model 30. Same thing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]